So who's brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Brewing an extract bitter this Friday. Showing someone who has never brewed the hobby and maybe brewing with my buddy who also brews for the first time.

Looks like I'll be waiting till Friday to start brewing when it cools down. Ordinary bitter first up. Then look for some 2G buckets to make vinegar in.

Yesterdays brew session was a PITA, looks like I have to readjust my mill as after the mash I found some whole grain in my tun. Had to extend the mash rest by an additional 30-45 minutes because my sister came by when I had 20 minutes left on the mash rest and asked if I could go with her to pick up the keys to her new place. The rest of the brew went well, ending up .01 shy of projected and with maybe half a gallon to a gallon of spare wort. Only other gripe was tha it was so freaking hot out that I was dragging and kept forgetting things. Not to mention that I forgot to close off one of the vents on my smoker and upon returning found I was 100 degrees high. Food still came out well though. Unfermented wort was darn tasty, and I have high hopes for the beer.

More Vanilla Bean Porter. It may be played out but I still love the stuff!

I gotta get the spring water & ice for the ordinary bitter brew tomorrow. Hot peppers should be coming in today for the Hellfire IIPA brew Sunday. Should be a busy weekend...

I've been slacking so I need to run a bunch of brews this week:

Saturday:
Vanilla Porter
Punkleryezin (Pumpkin Dunkleweizen with Rye)

Thursday:
Honey Blonde
Coconut Brown

Friday:
Belma IPA

Well, shiz just got real. Stove wouldn't turn off last night. Peppers coming in today & tomorrow, gotta get spring water & ice today to chill a couple gallons for top off...if we can get the stove to work until I can get another one. I have the Cooper's ordinary bitter & Hellfire IIPA to brew this weekend. Dang, tell me again how I need this!...:mad:
**- Looking through my e-mail, I had an ad to best buy cc customers for a sale on all kinds of things. They had a Whirlpool smooth-top convection range $270 off in SS, so i used my card to get a new one. Won't get it till Wednesday though, so I'll have to see if the old one will work for two brew days. It has 5 burners, one really big one with this quick-boil-whatever function. Should be a nice improvement to my brew days? Good thing the bottom of my kettle isn't warped. Now if they could just deliver it tomorrow...sale was on-line only, so no local option to speed things up. But it'll be nice. The old one came with the house when we built it, so it's at least 15 years old.

Brewing a double chocolate porter on monday. First christmas beer on the list. Scratching me head for a catchy name though.

I have an Irish red scheduled for next Friday, and I have two recipes for one. One is an extract recipe, and the other is the Raging Irish Red from here.

I am seriously thinking this might be my first AG (BIAB) beer ever...

:D

I sure hope so! I'm several brews behind this year.
The weather is turning cool, and the local brew club is having an IPA contest in November so I'm going to skip the wit and the saison and jump ahead to something more substantial.

English IPA (4 gallons)
9 lbs American pale ale malt (because I have it already)
8 oz Crystal malt, 60L
5 oz Biscuit malt
20g Nugget or Magnum hops, 15AA @ 60 minutes (will probably use Nugget)
1 oz Willamette @ 15 minutes
1 oz Willamette @ 5 minutes
S-04 yeast

Looks like I'm brewing up my Christmas Ale so it will be fully ready and mature by Christmas (or sooner). I can hear the pleasant tinkle of the stir bar spinning in the starter flask right now.

Last edited:
Brewed more Zombie Dust Wed. Previous batch was about 85% cloned. Needed more bitterness. So I sub'd some hop extract for my 60 min, and up'd the hop burst. Ended up using the flameout addition as a whirlpool and added it @ 170F and whirlpooled for 30 min... Think I will even do a dual dryhop. It cant come out less hoppy than before, which isnt a bad thing:)

I got home from work around 6:30 tonight and around 7 decided to brew. Had everything on hand for @brulosopher 's (m)Oktoberfest, including enough yeast not to have to make a starter, so it's a go! About halfway through the mash right now.

Got ingredients for a pumpkin ale and a Vienna/centennial smash, hoping to get at least one brewed today before the Spartan class but I have my concealed weapons class today so we'll see

So...it's been awhile since I brewed, and posted at all on here. This past week I brewed 10.5 gallons of American Blonde and the same amount of Irish Red and ESB. Names, in order, are 6th Row Window Seat (had some 6-Row in their), Red's Shawshank Ale, and Great Lakes Bail-Out ESB. The last one was so named because a brew club member didn't brew the promised 5 gallons, so I brewed to bail us out. We would have been 5 gallons short of the 30 gallons.

So...it's been awhile since I brewed, and posted at all on here. This past week I brewed 10.5 gallons of American Blonde and the same amount of Irish Red and ESB. Names, in order, are 6th Row Window Seat (had some 6-Row in their), Red's Shawshank Ale, and Great Lakes Bail-Out ESB. The last one was so named because a brew club member didn't brew the promised 5 gallons, so I brewed to bail us out. We would have been 5 gallons short of the 30 gallons.

Love the Shawshank Redemption reference. Love that movie.

Gonna Brew something well an experiment with the unidentified hops i grew. Hopefully its awesome. otherwise its gonna be drain cleaner. Started my starter today and tomorrow ill brew.

I decide to take a stab at Charlie's old coconut curry hefeweizen. Smelled delicious while cooking it up. Time to go chill it, pitch, & clean up.

Yeah, at least you got that to help improve your day. Darn rain & cold air got my back & hips achin'...on the brew weekend I've been planning for for so long too. Dang it! Got the fermenter ready & 4G spring water on to boil for the Cooper's English bitter.

Yeah, at least you got that to help improve your day. Darn rain & cold air got my back & hips achin'...on the brew weekend I've been planning for for so long too. Dang it! Got the fermenter ready & 4G spring water on to boil for the Cooper's English bitter.
Screw it, just put the water on. Rain cant f with me only because i just went to ollies and got a tarp, i am brewing now. FTW

Yeah, that's what I said, marthafloccit! I dood it anyway! I'm planning on a 3 keg kegerator with the three tap tower myself. It would just fit the area I stack my boxed empties in now. Getting rid of most of these bottles would leave a lot more room in here. And the bottling table would be the size of the desk I wish I could find to replace this comp hutch thing. It's getting nastie & old anyway. So the kegerator would allow me to really clean out the ol' man cave/brewery. Hm...that'd be a good name...Man Cave Brewery...

Doing a Flanders red tonight or tomorrow. I have to bottle a sour saison that's been on apricots for a few months at some point. Not enough time in a brew day

Latest posts

Back