So who's brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Brewing up a batch of my Pat's Cat oatmeal stout today and 10 gallons of summer wheat elderflower ale tomorrow for a party in September. Need to work out what to put on tap no3!

Running my second attempt at an extract barleywine with some steeping grains. First one was under pitched and temp control quit, so it tastes horrible still about three months in....sigh.

Three packets of Notty this time, and bumping the hops a bit.

(I think I have enough bottles to get one of my JOAMs bottled up today too.)

Edit - FWH on this one, and I did an extended flameout hop stand kinda thing. Seems lots of ideas about temp so I put my flame outs in and stirred for about 5 minutes until under 199F, then started to cool in sink. (Slower that way instead of immersion chiller.)

Just mashed in on a lawnmower ale I put together with Mt Ranier Cherries. "Mowing Mt.Ranier" Nailed the mash temp...hope the rest goes smoothly!

1438441414680163454862.jpg

I bottled 3 gallons of lemon wine (Skeeter Pee) and 4 gallons of hard cider today. I've still got 4 gallons of ESB to bottle tomorrow afternoon; if I get that done I might brew a batch of cream ale to pitch with half the ESB yeast cake.

Gonna grind the malt tonight so I'll be ready.

Ugh...temp of water from the hose was 80+ degrees. Sloppy transfer to carboy. Hope I didn't infect it. And even waiting awhile with the wort inside the house, I think it's too warm. I hope the yeast survived.

After some sloppy transference and a temperature reduction issue, the yeast survived. It's at 78F last check. If any fruity esters develop, maybe they'll compliment the cherries. Also made 2 batches of spent grain doggie treats.

An IPA with a base of Briese 2-row, some pale, and a little crystal. 14oz. of Centennial hops at various times and finally, California Ale yeast pitched at 71 and bubbling away already. Should make for a nice 10 gallon of happiness. :mug:

Kids and I bottled our first batch ever brewed. APA, tasted delicious, cant wait for carbonation and already planning the next brewday.

Well I sure as hell wont be sending any to you. ;)

I will be able to drink before that RIS is even ready to rack out of the barrel. :mug:

If I didn't live so far from New York, I'd drive over there and get some for myself.

Oh, wait... Kansas.

Nevermind.

I brewed this past weekend my first batch in 6 months. Its been hovering around 90 in NYC (yes NY, NY, not Kansas), so I made a saison.

Hoping to brew an American brown ale by subbing American hops in a northern England brown ale recipe. Should be different!

Hope to brew an American Brown Ale for SWMBO on Saturday. Gotta get the office and garage organized first. Motivated!

im revisiting the last beer i made before going all grain and adapting for biab. Its a porter with motueka hops, doesnt really fit in bjcp guidelines but was delicious, maybe the best beer i have made to date. Lets hope i do it justice

Planning on brewing a Strong Scotch Ale this weekend, it will also be my first all grain brew.

Brewing my 4th consecutive Saison. This one is for an experiment my brew club is running.. A bunch of us chose a different saison yeast strain (WL, Wyeast and Omega labs included) and are all brewing the same grain bill / hop schedule. The aim is for us all to hit the same OG and measure attenuation so we can see how each yeast performs. And of course, be able to taste/smell the different strains and what they do to (ideally) the same base wort. I'm fermenting with a blend of WY3711 and WY3724.

Brewing my 4th consecutive Saison. This one is for an experiment my brew club is running.. A bunch of us chose a different saison yeast strain (WL, Wyeast and Omega labs included) and are all brewing the same grain bill / hop schedule. The aim is for us all to hit the same OG and measure attenuation so we can see how each yeast performs. And of course, be able to taste/smell the different strains and what they do to (ideally) the same base wort. I'm fermenting with a blend of WY3711 and WY3724.

This sounds awesome! I would love to know what you guys find out. FWIW, I'm down to just 1 bottle left of a saison I made in March with 3711/3724 blend and it came out GREAT!

I am brewing a raspberry wheat beer, this is a great summer beer, living in Florida where we have extended summers it'll be just as refreshing in late October!

I'm planning on doing New Belgium Snow Day clone and if I can't find the hops I'm going to do Zombie Dust.

I have my brew buddy coming up this weekend from Coos Bay, going to bottle some beer and hope to do an evening brew, be cool to see the burner glowing in the dark :rockin:

Trying to brew a Saison. Having a rough time of it. Was planning on starting this morning, couldn't get moving, had picked up the wrong yeast, my mill drill was missing, the other drill had a dead battery, and now I got distracted and my strike water is 20° too high.
This brew is going to happen dammit.

I envy all of you who get to brew during the late summer. It's over 100 here this weekend, which makes brewing miserable so I abstain between June and August if I can help it!

I'm doing my first Belgian this weekend. Shhhhhh! Don't tell the wife!!!! But seriously. I'm doing Jamil's Belgian Tripel. It will also be my first time using a mash tun. Was BIAB until now. Only wait hing because I want to do some bigger beers and lifting 30lbs of soaking wet grain out of 150°f water was no fun! Should be interesting!

I envy all of you who get to brew during the late summer. It's over 100 here this weekend, which makes brewing miserable so I abstain between June and August if I can help it!

Surprisingly it is only 80 out right now. I don't care how hot it is though. I will still brew as long as the mosquitos aren't too bad and i have the time and fermenter space.

Latest posts

Back