So who's brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We brewed a Dark Czech Lager based on the recipe in the Hops book. We did a single decoction that added at least an hour and a half to the brew day. We'll have to see if it was worth it.

Since the Steelers are playing Monday night, I'm free today.

Got a BIAB rauch ale with cherry and hickory home smoked malt mashing right now. It smells like there's a ham in the oven. Good times.

Brewing up zombie dust.

1416171776808.jpg

Since it is Monday and next Sunday is technically this weekend, I'll be doing a maple pecan porter then. Can't wait to try it out. Need to toast the pecans this week!

Brewed a breakfast stout last weekend with chocolate, cocoa nibs, and vanilla bean in the last 20 min of the boil, as well as 2 ounces of cold brew stream coffee in the primary. More vanilla bean, nibs, and cold brew cona coffee in secondary

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Also doing an oatmeal Stout this weekend. Saving the cocoa nibs and vanilla (as well as a little bourbon) for the secondary.

I seem to be out of available fermenters again. That means that it's about time to transfer out of my corny fermenter (which fits perfect in cellar / keezer!) and get a bock into it.

I'm not brewing this weekend however thanks to an excess of PTO (and not wanting to give it up) I am brewing my RIS with a partigyle lower ABV dark IPA on Tuesday. Does that count?

I'm not brewing this weekend however thanks to an excess of PTO (and not wanting to give it up) I am brewing my RIS with a partigyle lower ABV dark IPA on Tuesday. Does that count?

Of course it counts! It's part of your extended weekend, right?

Aiming to brew my smoked, oaked mild on Sunday. Potentially my last ale before embarking on a series of lagers.

I hope to be bottling my first successful brew this weekend, an oatmeal stout ala Samuel Smith.

I made two other batches of beer but made some mistakes in both. IT all got drank mind you.

Going for batch #3 of the brewing season tomorrow, my first try at a continuously-hopped IPA. Got the yeast (WLP001), grain, new fermenting bucket, and a metal thermometer at the LHBS yesterday; I'm done with breaking glass thermometers! I've got a nice amarillo, summit, and warrior hop mixture ready, can't wait to make this beer!

Definitely doing my whole hop Columbus IPA w/ my son tomorrow while he's in town for an early Turkey Day!
Right now we're enjoying my DuPont Saison & New Albion Ale.

Brewing rootbeer for son's science fair project. Effects of temp on yeast metabolism in a closed system as measured by psi.

Fitting water bottles w tire valves and measuring at 12 he intervals at 60, 70, and 90 degrees.

Tested a bottle the other night and it got above 60 psi before failure.

I am. It'll be 42 on Sunday so going for it. 10 gallon EW haus pale ale. Pulling out the garden hose or of the shed. May not get another chance.

Brewing windrivers lake peppin porter. Then taking a tour of the hospital for when wife goes in labor. I guess I have to have it together and not have a bunch of homebrew.

Just getting into kegging so looking forward to not having to bottle anymore. :rockin:

Postponing my brew session until after Thanksgiving. "It's gon' rain!" Gonna make an American Amber with a pale ale malt and vienna backbone and plenty of tasty hops, but not til the first weekend in December.

Brewing two batches this weekend so they'll be ready for the winter holiday.

First, Christmas Pale Ale. two row, wheat malt, crystal 20 40, chinook, williamette, cascade with some wlp001 to get it kickin

Second, Robust Porter. two row, wheat, chocolate, crystal 80, galena, cascade, mt. hood, wlp002

Brewing two batches. Yooper's fizzy yellow beer and a Cocoa Stout,

Enviado desde mi iPhone con Home Brew

Just got back from the brew store with the goods to brew a Dogfish 60 IPA tomorrow morning. First time using harvested yeast, starter is chugging along nicely right now :)

Trying a "speed brew" right now. 30 min mash, full volume mash (no sparge), 30 min boil. A hoppy pale ale. Started with he recipe at 2:30 and almost at a boil now - 4:30. Used hot water from the faucet also to cut down heating time.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Already did brew this weekend. 30% Rye lager, 1.044 OG and 22 IBU. First time using rye, second lager. No idea how it'll turn out but the brew day went admirably.

First time in about 20 years. Brewed a 1.5 gallon batch of a British Ale, DME with steeping grains. My 18 year old has been bugging me to do it for about a year and today he helped. Hit O.G. right on the head. Guess I still got it.;)

First time in about 20 years. Brewed a 1.5 gallon batch of a British Ale, DME with steeping grains. My 18 year old has been bugging me to do it for about a year and today he helped. Hit O.G. right on the head. Guess I still got it.;)

Very cool!

I just brewed a Robust porter, but it appears that I left out 1 pound on Munich.. so not sure what I made. I was wondering why my efficiency was so low.

and tomorrow I'm brewing a Wee Heavy with a crazy amount of grain and a lot of yeast :)

FullSizeRender-1.jpg

FullSizeRender.jpg

Back