So who's brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Brewed an IPA, single hopped with Summit

But was a gallon short post boil so no idea where I messed up:eek:

Topped it up to 20 litres so fingers crossed :)

I've got an ESB on the boil right now. But there's a twist:
I am using 0.5 oz Columbus to bitter, plus 0.5 oz Falconer's Flight, 0.5 oz Zythos, and 0.5 Oz falconer's flight at flame out.
I thought it would be interesting to try to meet the "Standard" but use some different hops than expected :mug:

Going for two batches this weekend. I have a 5 day weekend. First up, I am brewing a batch of milk stout for a friend. Next, an experimental IPA recipe.

Brewing this ( on a Wednesday, so not really the weekend...joys of working from home every once in a while ):

14lbs Maris Otter
1lb Crystal 40L

Mash @ 154

2oz Cascade - whole leaf - MASH hops
2oz Cascade - 60Min
1oz Cascade - 15min
1oz Cascade - 5min
2oz Cascade - 0Min (whirlpool)

2oz - DryHop @ 3 days
4oz - DryHop in keg

WLP002 English Ale
OG ~ 1.073
FG ~ 1.020
ABV est. 6.8%

Ferment on the low side at ~60F, then kegged to 2.0vols.

Sounds good. I made an all williamette ESB a month ago. I get the bitter w/o the floral which lets the malt shine through!!!!

I'll be brewing up a Pale Ale with a variety of ingredients left over from my last couple of batches on Friday. Should be a simple and straightforward pale ale. Going to name it Leftover Pale Ale.

Robust vanilla porter on the docket for this weekend. Excited to see how it turns out!

Sent from my iPod touch using Home Brew

Brewing up 5 gallons of something Belgian this weekend... haven't decided yet....
Brewing a 1 gallon small beer as a starter now...

GEDC0443.jpg

GEDC0440.jpg

Brewing a 2 gallon test batch of an imperial cream ale that I am 99% sure will be a bust tonight. This weekend brewing up a new pale ale recipe, still deciding between 5 and 10 gallons, if I go 10 I will pitch different yeast still undecided but have time

Planning on a mint chocolate stout. Need to bottle a porter first to free up carboy space.

Thanksgiving Amber with a couple deviations from my normal brew process leading to near disaster

6 gallons instead of 5.5 so I can keg 3 for the holiday and bottle the other 3, smaller aluminum pot because it's cold and windy outside and I can heat/cool it quicker as well as clean it inside, and mashing and sparging inside to avoid the wind

Nice save there lad... ;)

Well... if i can sidestep swmbo and a do list, i have a xmas ale i've been brewing for a few years. got the recipe from BYO in 2007. and its goooooood. ... :D;)

With a forecast high of 40 degrees F and an 80% chance there will be no precipitation, I decided that I'd brew one more 5 gallon batch outdoors before moving indoors to brew 3 gallon BIAB batches on my stove top. So Sunday I'll be brewing BierMunchers OktoberFast Ale!

I'm mashing for 5 gallons of ordinary bitter at this moment. Maris otter, crystal 60, special roast, Fuggles, East Kent Goldings, and some Willamette at the end. It sure smells good.

In the mash stage of Reno's Punkin Ale..a bit hectic beginning with the needy kids but all calm now....not sure why they seem to only be needy while I am prepping and then leave me alone during the mash...

I am waiting on my grains for 3 different 1gal batches. A Coffee Doughnut Stout, Eggnog Stout, and Gingerbread Ale. Gotta Love Rebel Brewer, I get one day shipping.

Mind if I ask your grain bill?

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Not at all. ITs one that Chad Yakobson from Crooked STave published in BYO I believe. Its called 100% brett farmhouse but Im using it for a sour obviously. I altered it slightly as I didnt have spelt malt.

5.25 gallon batch
target og 1.058
80% efficiency

6lbs pale ale malt
2.25lbs munich II
12oz rye
8oz golden naked oats
4oz malto detrin @15

1 oz mt hood FWH
1 oz motueka @5
1oz Motueka dry hop 5 days.

Mashing a Saison right now. It's a perfect brew day. About 85˚ and sunny with a breeze blowing thru.
The tortoise is hanging out on the patio with me, the chickens are chillin in the shade and the dog is rolling around in the dirt. Concrete Blonde on the hi-fi and a black ipa in my glass. It's a damn fine day.

:mug:

Put down an american stout last night. Hopped with amarillo and zythos. Tried to wash the year cake from my Nelson Sauvin Red that I bottled the night before but it was so recently dry hopped nothing would separate... so I just pitched a quarter of it. Good activity this morning.

Busy brewing weekend for me. Brewed a batch of brown ale at work today. Just settling in for the boil on an ESB at home. Back to work tomorrow for a batch of APA then an Amber at home. Gotta fill the fermenters before it turns off cold next week.

Okay. Now that it's Monday - who's brewing NEXT weekend???

Me! A buddy will be bringing over 4 lbs of raw honey he harvested from his hives. At the moment, I have a honey pale ale planned, but I'd be interested to hear about any honey recipes people have done that they liked. I'm not buying the grains till Friday...

I know I'm brewing but don't know what yet! I need a beer that's forgiving since I'll be using my new mash equipment.

Back