So who's brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm [slowly] running off for a session-sized rye with lots of late hop additions. My thermometer says 13F right now so we'll see how the boil goes. Time to pray to the propane gods.

Doing a 10 gallon batch of Citra Amarillo IPA that will be split into 5 gallon batched fermenter with either WLP090 or a Belgian yeast I recovered from bottles of PranQster. Both will get a heavy Citra Amarillo dry hop.

I just did a batch of what o think is a ESB
11lb ESB pale
3/4lb caraamber
.5 Chinook and .5 northern brewer 60m
.5 fuggles 20m
.5 fuggles 10m

No idea if this is a ESB as I made up the recipe but beersmith puts it in the green and the finishing hops are British so well see. Never had a ESB

Officially off brewing hiatus. Finished my first brewday since August. Back is feeling stiff but not bad.

Ended up short 0.6 gallons on a 5 gallon batch. I think I need to assume more boil off when I decoct and the pumpkin in the mash turned into a sludge clogging my bazooka screen, so I also left more wort behind than usual.

I'll be brewing a Vienna lager tomorrow.

Heady topper clone for me tomorrow. My Conan yeast is happy and ready to go. Just have to make sure the oatmeal black ipa is on tap in time for flameout additions

If it warms up enough today, I'm waiting to mash in for a 10g batch of Kolsch.

(Really hope it warms up - I have to do something with this 10L starter…)

Mashing in an Irish Red and having breakfast.. thinking of possibly doing a double brew day and doing a Dunkelweizen afterwards.. time will tell!

Almost boiling for a blonde if my propane would stop freezing up. Brewing early today in anticipation of more and more and more snow later and huge sub zero weather, yeah Midwest weather!!

Just did a Brown yesterday in frigid MN. So happy to have my electric system to surround myself with a dense, warm, humid malt spa in my basement with subzero temps all around.

I'm starting my first all grain batch. It's been a slow start because I had to test my new kettle, figure out first boiling water then figure out where I was going to put everything. New tun, kettle burner and process and I'm nearly at temp for my strike water. I'm sure it's easier but right now it's very involved. I hope my mash tun can maintain heat in 50 degree weather. I can't lift and walk with 13 # of grain and all the water so everything has to happen in the garage.
I do think my propane may run out. I'll probably swap it after I mash in.

I'm starting my first all grain batch. It's been a slow start because I had to test my new kettle, figure out first boiling water then figure out where I was going to put everything. New tun, kettle burner and process and I'm nearly at temp for my strike water. I'm sure it's easier but right now it's very involved. I hope my mash tun can maintain heat in 50 degree weather. I can't lift and walk with 13 # of grain and all the water so everything has to happen in the garage.
I do think my propane may run out. I'll probably swap it after I mash in.

I hope your keeping the garage door half open or something. Propane burner inside a closed garage doesn't sound like a good idea.

Good luck on your first AG brew day!

mjdonnelly68 said:
If it warms up enough today, I'm waiting to mash in for a 10g batch of Kolsch.

(Really hope it warms up - I have to do something with this 10L starter…)

10L starter?! Good god man! That's a batch not a starter.

Oatmeal Chocolate Stout bottled

image-1874387798.jpg

A little late, but I brewed a Chocolate Milk Stout, with my Bolts jersey. One of the reasons the Chargers smoked the Bangles, just saying.ImageUploadedByHome Brew1389071529.470468.jpg

It probably won't happen, but the weather is supposed to warm up to nearly 20 or 30 this weekend (From current temps of -5, BEFORE wind chill!) And I want to brew a Trippel or an oatmeal chocolate stout. If I want to brew the trippel, I better get started on the starter.

Brewing a Pliny the elder clone from morebeer this weekend..the amount of hops in this recipe is freakn crazy..gonna need hop bags for this one thats for damn sure

Kegging an Amarillo Pale Ale, racking a Tripel to secondary and adding French oak chips to 1/2, and hopefully brewing a SMaSH w/Munich and Nugget.

Kegged a pale ale last night , making room for this weekend . Brewing a stout or a saison. Leaning towards saison will be my first might add some lemon or orange peel.

Belgian Tripel on Sunday. Using 1388 for the first time. I made a Karmeliet clone with 3787 and it was a little too sweet, even though it finished bone dry. I'm doing the same recipe, hopefully this time it comes a little closer.

Got some cider and some honey, so I'm going to try my hand at a cyser. This should also give me a good chance to try out the new fermentation heater I just picked up!

Brewing a 10-gallon batch of the Stone Ruination clone recipe from this site. That's currently my favorite recipe. It's so gosh-darn delicious! My last batch clocked in at 8.4%, so treat it with respect. :)

I don't know if I'm brewing this weekend but I am going to check out a new brew shop that just opened need me.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Home Brew mobile app

Planning on brewing a weizenbeir, plus a American cream ale this weekend. Hopefully will get them both done.

Amber Bock with a friend and a first timer friend of his. Made this before and somehow without temperature control it was great. This time with temp control it should be even more fantastic.

Brewing a 5 gallon Rye Imperial IPA. Last time I had an OG of 1.083. Used Pacman last time but will try Safeale 05 this time.

Got a Chinook IPA kit from Northern that's been sitting on my stock shelf for a few weeks now (hops are in the freezer), was thinking of turning it into a Chinook Habanero IPA. Got some dried habaneros around, and I haven't tried a pepper beer yet. I also have some extra Chinook hops to maybe dry hop with to kick up the aroma a notch.

Primary: Nothing
Secondary: Nothing
3 Gallon: Cream of Three Crops - Extract Test Batch
2.5 Gallon Mr Beer Brew Keg: Strong American Ale
Wine Bucket: Tropical Fruit Wine

Back