So who's brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have some quart size zip lock freezer bags I use for small stuff in the brewery. Maybe 2/3's full to allow for expansion?

When I freeze my chicken stock in a zipper bag, I have never allowed for expansion to be perfectly honest. I fill em up as much as I can without it spilling and then I zip the sucker up. Does that help?

When I freeze my chicken stock in a zipper bag, I have never allowed for expansion to be perfectly honest. I fill em up as much as I can without it spilling and then I zip the sucker up. Does that help?

When I fillet fresh caught fish,I freeze them in gallon size bags of water layed flat on the freezer shelf. Just do it with water in the quart size bags. Ice maker needs a 100 bucks to hook up,so this;ll have to do for now. Gotta get my PM NZ IPA brewed up asap. Blew the exhaust getting the local spring water at the source. Hard to pass up for 70c per 7 gallons.

Gotta start making ice any way I can for brewday hopefully this weekend. Retired & broke with a broke car sucks.

Plastic bottles work great too. I use 1L bottles that had sterile saline in them. Good to have a nurse for a mother-in-law! But soda or water bottles work just as well.

Yeah,out of those too though. Gotta get busy pretty soon with the ice makin. Finally got the brewery cleaned up & ready,save for some spigot cleaning & sanitizing. I wanna brew first thing in the morning (whichever morning that is) so the spent grains have the 7 hours they need to dry in a warm oven.

Brew day this morning went great. Hit all my temps/gravities. Now all I need to do is get motivated enough to clean out and clean up my free side-of-the-road freezer and wire up my STC-1000 I picked up for it so I can lager. Assuming I get that done sometime today/tomorrow I'll be brewing a Vienna Lager later this week!

:mug:

Well I brewed an Imperial Red Ale and an Amarillo Pale Ale last weekend.

Today my Imperial Red Ale exploded all over the inside of my fermentation chamber. This weekend I will probably be cleaning and de-yeasting said fermentation chamber rather than brewing.:mad:

Brewing a minimum of two batches Saturday (Cream Ale, Tafelbier), potentially a 3rd on Sunday, hell I might strongarm an all-nighter Saturday night and brew 4 batches in a row.

You da man Qhrumphf!
And I thought I was busy brewing 3 weekends in a row, but I bow before your brewing magnificience.

My usual practice is a one weekend a month all-grain double header. So adding a couple more isn't a big deal. Bottling two batches and brewing two more AG batches the same day was a lot. I've never tried for more than two AG batches in a row. But I figure 5-6 hours a piece, I could do a straight 24 hour brew day and be set.

My usual practice is a one weekend a month all-grain double header. So adding a couple more isn't a big deal. Bottling two batches and brewing two more AG batches the same day was a lot. I've never tried for more than two AG batches in a row. But I figure 5-6 hours a piece, I could do a straight 24 hour brew day and be set.

Sweet, I was just thinkin that, brew day fundraiser

I am really debating about brewing this weekend. I have two beers that I plan to cold crash in about a week from this weekend so I'm thinking of a saison that I don't need my fermentation chamber for.

I just brewed 2 gallons of fresh cider, 4 gallons of AJC cider freshened up with 4 green apples and 2 large Fuji's. I overshot the initial volume on the AJC cider, even though I used 13 cans of AJC. No, I didn't use the hydrometer for an O.G. check, so come this weekend I will test the gravity at that time. My third fermenting thing is 4.5 gallons of Oatmeal English Dark Mild. For the 2 gallon batch, I added 1 cup of yeast starter. To the 4 gallon batch, I added 2 cups of yeast slurry, and for the 4.5 gallon Oatmeal Mild I added 3 cups yeast slurry. My house yeast is London ESB 1968. Ever since I began making yeast starters, I seldom wait more than 4 hours for airlock activity.

WELLLLLL!!!
I a was going to be going for my 2nd Heady Topper Clone so i preparred a starter yesterday afternoon, after waking up today i find the flask on the floor with about 90% of the 1L starter now seeking refuge in the carpet...

Thing that really sucks is thats all the Conan i had left!!!
You guys think its worth it to try and step up whats in the flask or it has to be contaminated after sitting on a common way for atleast 3-4 hours if not more??

Looks like a nice hoppy amber will be brewed along with a 6%abv Cream of three crops (for the BMC drinkers at work) They say my beer tastes like.....really good.....beer. I took it as a complement considering theres not much to pick out of a 35% corn/rice adjunt beer, let alone for a BMC drinker :D

I'm gunna brew that NZ IPA tomorrow & dry the spent grains so I can make pretzel burger buns the next day. My oldest boy's birthday is Saturday.

What hops are you using? Just kicked a keg of pacific jade/moteuka 100%brett pale. VERYY tasty.

These pretzels sounds amazing!! Got a recipe? Always loved pretzel buns but mine come out either hard as a rock or dry as a bone.

WELLLLLL!!!
I a was going to be going for my 2nd Heady Topper Clone so i preparred a starter yesterday afternoon, after waking up today i find the flask on the floor with about 90% of the 1L starter now seeking refuge in the carpet...

Thing that really sucks is thats all the Conan i had left!!!
You guys think its worth it to try and step up whats in the flask or it has to be contaminated after sitting on a common way for atleast 3-4 hours if not more??

Looks like a nice hoppy amber will be brewed along with a 6%abv Cream of three crops (for the BMC drinkers at work) They say my beer tastes like.....really good.....beer. I took it as a complement considering theres not much to pick out of a 35% corn/rice adjunt beer, let alone for a BMC drinker :D

What hops are you using? Just kicked a keg of pacific jade/moteuka 100%brett pale. VERYY tasty.

These pretzels sounds amazing!! Got a recipe? Always loved pretzel buns but mine come out either hard as a rock or dry as a bone.

It'll be a PB/PM BIAB,bittered with pacific gem,flavored with 1.3oz each of motueka,pacifica,& wakatu. Then dry hopped with 1/2oz each of the 3 flavor hops. Should be like this Kiwi IPA I've heard tell of.
The pretzel bun recipe is from brooklyn brew shops' spent grain chef page here; http://http://brooklynbrewshop.com/themash/recipe-spent-grain-pretzel-rolls/
Click on spent grain chef in the list to the right of the picture for the recipe to dry the grains in a warm oven. Grind to course flour in a food processor. Some say they make regular soft pretzels out of this dough. I'm making the pretzel buns for my son's b-day Saturday. pit bbq'd cheese burgers.

Busy weekend planned:
Ruthless Rye (5 gal PM)
Jamil's Saison (3 gal AG BIAB)
Stone Ruination (3 gal AG BIAB)

A buddy and I are cranking these out, should be fun.

I think I am brewing up a robust porter on Sunday in preparation for my huge barleywine. :D
The porter will be my 'starter'.

I just bottled my Guiness Clone and brewed what I hope is a decent Pale Ale a little on the lite side.

I was supposed to brew a wee heavy last weekend, made a rye pa instead so... This weekend is the wee heavy

Brewing up my 3rd batch of Centennial Blonde tomorrow and also planning to make a few 1 gal batches of JAOM.. first shot at making mead so very excited to see how it turns out(in 6 months)! Also looking to put together a batch of Cran-Apfelwein, but not sure if that will be this weekend or next.

Brewing the blonde ale from the Radical Brewing book right now. I'm relaxing on the couch while its mashing at 152F right now.

Bottled a raspberry wheat yesterday. It tasted a bit tart at bottling so I hope it tones down.

Already looking at a petite saison recipe for next time.:mug:

Brewing a PM NZ IPA today. Got about half way through runing the grains through a small food processor (no grain crusher yet) & it started overheating,since I didn't order the grain pre-crushed this time. gunna get a crusher when the federal refund comes in. Need a better crush that's also faster than this thing.

Brewing a PM NZ IPA today. Got about half way through runing the grains through a small food processor (no grain crusher yet) & it started overheating,since I didn't order the grain pre-crushed this time. gunna get a crusher when the federal refund comes in. Need a better crush that's also faster than this thing.

Corona style is cheap and I get 75% efficiency with it

Im trying to get ready for a party at the end of next month im hosting... so I have a few kits I need to make for it... im going for 2 milk stouts, a hefe, the white house honey ale, and a leffe bruin clone.... I have my work cut out for me...

Latest posts

Back