So who's brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got some plans for another wheat beer recipe tomorrow. I'll have to figure out how to do it and watch The Masters at the same time without boilovers...

Not brewing this weekend, but I brewed an IPA on Tuesday and am in the middle of brewing a Blonde Ale right now. Leaves the weekend free for drinking :)

More all german beer.Something of a dortmunder/pale. German malt hops yeast.No spatzle though, blech!.. dumplings.:) Soggy flour balls gross.One of the very few foods I can do without.

did a belma pale ale today with belma and tettnanger. wort out of the bk tasted like a wit wort. hmmm... wit wort... anyway, got an apa on deck for this weekend, and a toasted ipa may happen, too

Double brew day, one malt forward, one hop forward. With a wlp 565 cake. Thought I used it was 3724 from wyeast but I was wrong. If the malty brew doesnt go low enough I just might pitch some brett cause the recipes just dont make any sense for this yeast. This yeast just didnt seem to pop as much when not going over 80.

I just kegged a Fat Tire clone--my first kegged homebrew--about 2 hours ago. Right now I'm at about 30mins into the boil of a Hex Nut clone that I'll be kegging as well.

Right before I started brewing I put in an order for 2 recipes from MW: Liberty Cream Ale and Rocky Pale Ale. Those will be bottled: SWMBO will get the Cream Ale for her birthday (June 1st) and I'll get the Pale Ale for mine (Aug 31st).

I'll be brewing up whatever this is:

BeerSmith 2 Recipe Printout - http://www.beersmith.com
Recipe: Oktoberfestish
Brewer: Jorge
Asst Brewer:
Style: Oktoberfest/Märzen
TYPE: All Grain
Taste: (30.0)

Recipe Specifications
--------------------------
Boil Size: 5.68 gal
Post Boil Volume: 4.68 gal
Batch Size (fermenter): 4.50 gal
Bottling Volume: 4.00 gal
Estimated OG: 1.059 SG
Estimated Color: 7.9 SRM
Estimated IBU: 27.5 IBUs
Brewhouse Efficiency: 70.00 %
Est Mash Efficiency: 70.0 %
Boil Time: 60 Minutes

Ingredients:
------------
Amt Name Type #
5 lbs Munich II (Weyermann) (8.5 SRM)
5 lbs Pilsner (Weyermann) (1.7 SRM)
0.50 oz Warrior [14.00 %] - First Wort 20.0 min Hop 20.2 IBUs
0.75 oz Hallertauer Mittelfrueh [4.00 %] - Boil Hop 10mins 4.7 IBUs
0.75 oz Hallertauer Mittelfrueh [4.00 %] - Boil Hop 5mins 2.6 IBUs
1.00 oz Hallertauer Mittelfrueh [4.00 %] - Aroma Hop 0.0 IBUs
2.0 pkg SafLager West European Lager S-23

Mash Schedule: My BIAB Mash
Total Grain Weight: 10 lbs
----------------------------
Name Description Step Temperat Step Time
Mash Step Add 25.65 qt of water at 159.7 F 154.0 F 60 min

Brewing an all german pale ale tomarrow.Tett and Northern brewer hops.Kolsh yeast.German pale malt and some other german malts viennna munich,carared,carahell,and a bit of german wheat.Sounds good to me.

No time to brew but just bottled up two batches-1) Penitente Porter. We added dried chile to a sixer just for $hits and giggles. Picante Penitente Porter! Might have had something to do with the Jester King Weasel Rodeo we were drinking. Damn I wish I had bought an extra bottle of that! 2) A Lil Sumpin' Ryerish. Started with a Lil Sumpin' Sumpin' clone and added flaked rye. Built a starter with washed 1056 Chico. Didn't take off fast enough so I tossed in washed 004 Irish. Ryerish!

Tuesday I'm going to pull a double brew day and AG brew a Crop Chopper PAL and during the mash I'm going to brew a quick extract APA/IPA depending on how hoppy I am at the time. :)

Actually brewed 2 weeks ago but bottled it up yesterday. A Kolsch from an extract kit from Paradise Brewing Supplies. This one actually blew the lid off the fermenter while I was at work, so we'll see how things turn out.

Brewing the Belma Motueka Rain Beer of Manoa right now. Finished bottling basement wheat.

image-178091505.jpg

If my order from Morebeer gets here on time, I will be brewing an American honey ale (similar to the White House version). Then, AG here I come!! Scotch ale kit for my first AG batch a couple of weeks later...

I started heating my strike water at 5:30AM due to my SWMBO's friend coming in town today (last minute), and us heading out of town for 10 days starting Friday. So essentially it was now or never! I have about 10 mins left on boil!

I also have a doctor's appointment today, so I was forced to drink my other favorite brewed beverage this morning, COFFEE. Otherwise I would have been drinking before the sun came up!

:mug:

Did a spiced amber ale with an extract kit. Got to use my immersion chiller and carboy for the first time. Chillers. Are. AWESOME. took my chill time down by about 60%. Hit my gravity right on, and I've been checking every couple hours since I can actually watch it ferment now.

Brewing a 10 gallon split batch. 5 gallons of Jamils Antwerp Afternoon/Antwerp Ale yeast and 5 gallons of English Pale / Nottingham yeast cake.

I am going to brew a brewers best cream ale. I am new at all homebrewing. This will be my 4th brew. Cream ale should be light in color but a nice crisp taste correct? I have brewed a brown
ale, American amber and ipa.

I am going to brew a brewers best cream ale. I am new at all homebrewing. This will be my 4th brew. Cream ale should be light in color but a nice crisp taste correct? I have brewed a brown
ale, American amber and ipa.

Yup pretty much, light in color and flavor. It's a favorite amongst those who drink yellow fizzy beers. But I know plenty of craft drinkers that throw them back. Good lawn mower beer, or disc golf beer around these parts.

Back