so mass mind control, burst carbing

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bracconiere

Jolly Alcoholic - In Remembrance 2023
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
just taped my keg that i carbed with 1.2oz's co2. wasn't even hooked up to gas. and it's perfect and i get this overwhelming urge to try and force everyone else to do it this way. but i'm at a loss why? i don't sell scales on amazon. i don't make scales. and everyone knows i don't give a damn about respect? so i'm left scratching my head? what is with the apeal of being the top dog?

any single middle aged women around these parts that want to relocate? lol

edit: there's like people that get good at it, but still...

i do too, but nobody gives me answers...

but the scale is awesome! only $27 on amazon. catch a leak, burst carb presicely.

back on topic why is it i fell everyone should do it that way because i say so? makes me laugh the way social behavior works. i just want to sex some woman up and be able say "yeah baby"...."that's me"

Oh damn. You saying you put your KEG on the scale or your canister on the scale, then added CO2 until you got to 1.2oz?? Your scale is sensitive enough to measure that but also strong enough to put a keg or canister on? You could be a genius....

Oh damn. You saying you put your KEG on the scale or your canister on the scale, then added CO2 until you got to 1.2oz?? Your scale is sensitive enough to measure that but also strong enough to put a keg or canister on? You could be a genius....

i KEEP the co2 cylinder on the scale when i burst carb, i have a extra QD to hook up to a keg and clamp it down to keep it steady.

and no i'm stupid, but i try to keep it in check! ;) :mug:

and also, someone else here keeps their kegs on them in the fridge. where i got the idea!

Last edited:
Wait 1.2oz is VERY small for carbonating. Do you mean 1 pound 2 ounces?

Wait 1.2oz is VERY small for carbonating. Do you mean 1 pound 2 ounces?

no i mean one ounce 6 grams....

and yes this $25 scale does it..as long as it's loaded. you have to do math how much co2 to lose because taring it first, it's not as accurate...

No typo. @bracconiere has created a science in this I do believe.

it's kinda art, science tells me to get a 10 psi carb i should give it 1.8oz's...but in my 'experience' that's too much...science says 5 gallons co2 weighs 1.23oz's, and that there should be 1 vol of co2 allready present from fermentation...or .8? whatever

As dedicated brewer, and self proclaimed cheapskate, you should be spunding anyway. Free carbonation, less oxidation.

Still, one would think the free CO2 would be an incentive, and the fact the beer is already carbed when it is done fermenting.

Still, one would think the free CO2 would be an incentive, and the fact the beer is already carbed when it is done fermenting.

hmmm, i do have a 1/2 barrel keg, with some weird sorta sanke thing...they say i could use it as a fermenter. but i'd be clueless how to clean, or harvest the yeast from it..but i can't even give the thing away! maybe i'll look into it more.

Do you have C kegs? Spunding can be accomplished simply be racking from primary into kegs when beer has fermented to about .006-8 from its expected finish gravity. Carbonates as it finishes. After racking simply save dregs/yeast cake from primary if you want to save yeast. Someday, hopefully, you'll score a conical, that makes it all even easier.

There are tools for cleaning Sanke kegs too, not that I've ever got into that.

they call the thing that hooks up to it a D coupler. right now it's just sitting the corner, looking like pretty Stainless steel.

conical.... 🤔

Above looks kinda non sequitur to me, in any case, ...never mind,.... ahve a great evening..

you mean, going from talk about mass mind control, to weird sanke taps....i assure you i look at it, and have no idea where the co2 goes in and the beer comes out...

and if you want non sequitur, i've got lentils kilning in the oven after speed soaking, to see if i can make sandwhich bread with them...and i have this forum to thank if it works...i'll post my results in the bread thread though, lol....

i assure you i look at it, and have no idea where the co2 goes in and the beer comes out...
16211C84-586D-4394-BB3D-6830C2728627.jpeg

Back