Force Carb mini keg question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beerded25

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I've tried to do as much research on force carbing (burst carbing/shake method) as possible, but am coming up empty with solutions here so I want to make sure I'm not missing something.

I recently bought a cannonball 1.75 mini keg system (see below) http://www.northernbrewer.com/draft-brewer-mini-keg-system

I filled the keg with a little less than 1.5 gallons of beer, purged the keg, let it get cold, then cranked the gas up to 30psi and shook the keg for 2 minutes. I then let the keg sit for 3 weeks (unfortunately haven't had the time to drink it) and tonight hooked it back up to the gas, set it to 9psi to serve, and the beer wasn't totally flat, but pretty darn close to it. The beer did however have awesome head retention, so I'm thinking that wasn't the problem. I also put soapy water around the lid of the keg and wasn't getting any bubbles out of it when i hooked the gas up.

My guesses as of now are that I either left too much headspace in the keg, or that two minutes of shaking the keg just wasn't enough. Any and all thoughts or recommendations would be appreciated!

Latest posts

Back