Sixpoint Bengali Tiger IPA clone?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rtbrews

Reaction score
I have been searching around for a Sixpoint Bengali Tiger clone and not had much luck but given how damn good this beer is, I am guessing a few people have attempted to clone it.

The only info I found from the brewery is that it is a an old english style ipa mashed at a high temp with lots of specialty malts and six different hop additions. Dry hopping is all east kent goldings. The abv is 6.8%.

I have a recipe made but it is really just my best guesswork so I won't bother posting that for now and see if anyone has come across this recipe.

Thanks!

Try contacting the brewery to see if they'll give you some tips, they seem pretty friendly.

Bittering - Simcoe

Flavor - Cascade

Aroma - Cascade, Amarillo and IIRC Centennial

DH - Cascade/Centennial

(There is no EKG in this beer)

IBU's are @ 70

OG: 1.066

Using the hop info from this thread, what information about the brewery I could glean from other sources, and my own taste buds I came up with a clone recipe that I think is pretty dang close. My 5 gallon igloo cooler mash tun can only hold about 12 lbs of malt max. which is why I boosted the gravity with one lb of DME. I used muntons, it could easily be replaced with more base malt. They probably only use Simcoe for bittering, but I had 3 oz Centennial lying around and I'm cheap so I just bought one oz of Simcoe and added some Centennial to get up to the right IBU's, and used the rest of the Centennial in boil and dry hop (hence the 1.25 oz dry hop). The aroma on this is pretty solid, but using just Simcoe for bittering and upping the Centennial dry hop to 2oz wouldn't hurt a thing.

O.G. 1.065
F.G. 1.015
IBU: 64 (Tinseth)
ABV: 6.4
SRM: 12

9.5 lbs Marris Otter
1 lbs Munich 20l (Cargil)
.5 lbs Carapils
.5 lbs Crystal 120 (I used American, but suspect they may use a dark British)
1 lb Light DME

1 oz Simcoe @60
.75 oz Centennial @60
1 oz Cascade@ 10
1 oz Centennial @0
1 oz Amarillo @0
1 oz Cascade Dry Hop 7 days
1.25 oz Centennial Dry Hop 7 days

Mash at 152F. Ferment with Fermentis Safale 04 @64 degrees.

This clone was a request for a friend. This is his favorite beer and everyone seems to think we nailed it.

Bittering - Simcoe

Flavor - Cascade

Aroma - Cascade, Amarillo and IIRC Centennial

DH - Cascade/Centennial

(There is no EKG in this beer)

IBU's are @ 70

OG: 1.066

...... I'm sorry to burst your bubble, but it's predominately East Kent Goldings in the beer, oh and guess what they dry hopped with? EKG.. please at least do some research before you give others advice on a beer you obviously know nothing about... oh and the IBU? 69.. not 70

...... I'm sorry to burst your bubble, but it's predominately East Kent Goldings in the beer, oh and guess what they dry hopped with? EKG.. please at least do some research before you give others advice on a beer you obviously know nothing about... oh and the IBU? 69.. not 70

Read the original post and see that the OP is trying to research and be accurate. He had the DH right. No need to be an ass about it

Read the original post and see that the OP is trying to research and be accurate. He had the DH right. No need to be an ass about it

And others that chime in also deserve some respect. Their opinion may be what they've brewed which may seem close but diff't from reality. Offer up
Your version or just be a dickhead

Back