Six Degrees of talkbeer.com

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Met quite a few BA/BT/TB'ers over the years, always looking to meet more on my journeys.

Moderator wise I've ticked Shteiven (we drink in the same grocery store), AleWatcher, and of course MarkIntihar. Gene and Trady let's make this happen.

Cheers to this motley crew from one of my first epic beercations.

19043_768397508194_3142577_n.jpg
Not enough facial hair!

Makes me feel better about how young I look. But y'all would probably like that anyway.
Haven't met any mods (e.g. MarkIntihar) but I've met some CA (Touch_My_BrettSacch and below) and TX TBer's (six of 'em?).

Edit: I would like to meet more people, that was kind of the point of the share I helped organize in SF last month. And at that share we learned that obiwan_k3n00bi and buzzword (IIRC) knew the same other beer geeks, coming back to BigDaddyPolite "the strange overlap of social circles." Though maybe he meant the social circles online here.
MarkIntihar

Last edited:
Is this list restricted to people on TB/BT? ****, I dont even remember meeting people a lot of tines. If I started to list them, you'd think I was MarkIntiwhore.

I have met:
Just about everyone in Chicagoland
The Kalamazoo group
Two Detroit greater groups
The insane SF group
The Indy group (separately)
A large group of Seattle drinkers
backfat
Minneapolis people
And some random travelers in between

Met MarkIntihar at the DLD Eve bottleshare right when someone dropped a 750 of Black Note. He moved the tasting to his room ( I think?) right when my dad started throwing up ( 6'5" *****) so I had to leave. Probably would have been my chance to sexually molest/rape get frisky with MarkIntihar, smh...
then I believe we have met, ask MarkIntihar

Is this list restricted to people on TB/BT? ****, I dont even remember meeting people a lot of tines. If I started to list them, you'd think I was MarkIntiwhore.

I have met:
Just about everyone in Chicagoland
The Kalamazoo group
Two Detroit greater groups
The insane SF group
The Indy group (separately)
A large group of Seattle drinkers
backfat
Minneapolis people
And some random travelers in between
lurchingbeast , I would like to be segregated and mentioned separately or you will get the MarkIntihar treatment

Were any of you SDers at Toronado this afternoon (3:00 - 3:30)? I saw a few people I see around a lot, and suspect that they probably are people here, but I'm too embarrassed to ask "hey - are you one of those Internet geeks on ...?"

Were any of you SDers at Toronado this afternoon (3:00 - 3:30)? I saw a few people I see around a lot, and suspect that they probably are people here, but I'm too embarrassed to ask "hey - are you one of those Internet geeks on ...?"
You're doing this wrong, you forgot to tag MarkIntihar and lurchingbeast

I don't get out much so I have yet to have the pleasure to bang with MarkIntihar ...one day Sr. one day ;)

However this one time at Churchill's on a cold (not really) 4 am morning...there stood Usofar and jp7161 in front of me in line. And to the back of me...the one only Mr. Coon (is he on here yet?) and the OC Crew (smarcoly StarRaptor 2 or 3 more of them, dunno their names here).

And this one time at Lost Abbey Usofar was the 5th person in line for Sede Vacante :p There I was able to meet ehammond1 over rcubed award #winning Coconut IPA (till this day one of the best I've tried).

Oh...my first In person trade was with queens1130 at the Bruery who I happen to share some Great Beers last weekend at this fun share that jmgrub hosted :)

And this one time at FiftyFity Brewing this past Eclipse party who do i see again..@Usofar and jp7161 Met a hand full of good BTers that night... Rau71 comes to mind for some reason.

And some one time at Caps & Taps this stranger johnnyramirez pours me some BA Hunahpu.

I think I need to get out more...Did I mention that I have yet to bang with MarkIntihar ...one day Sr. one day ;)

I don't get out much so I have yet to have the pleasure to bang with MarkIntihar ...one day Sr. one day ;)

However this one time at Churchill's on a cold (not really) 4 am morning...there stood Usofar and jp7161 in front of me in line. And to the back of me...the one only Mr. Coon (is he on here yet?) and the OC Crew (smarcoly StarRaptor 2 or 3 more of them, dunno their names here).

And this one time at Lost Abbey Usofar was the 5th person in line for Sede Vacante :p There I was able to meet ehammond1 over rcubed award #winning Coconut IPA (till this day one of the best I've tried).

Oh...my first In person trade was with queens1130 at the Bruery who I happen to share some Great Beers last weekend at this fun share that jmgrub hosted :)

And this one time at FiftyFity Brewing this past Eclipse party who do i see again..@Usofar and jp7161 Met a hand full of good BTers that night... Rau71 comes to mind for some reason.

And some one time at Caps & Taps this stranger johnnyramirez pours me some BA Hunahpu.

I think I need to get out more...Did I mention that I have yet to bang with MarkIntihar ...one day Sr. one day ;)
But what about lurchingbeast?

Time to get down on some tag on tag action.

For obvious reasons, I know everybody from the old NJ, and now the South Jersey and most of the North Jersey Gang Bang Teams. They know who they are, and aren't getting tagged. Met several members of the NOVA team when they came up for a HJIF, including IrishColonial, bum732, and that creeper Iliketurtles.

On a trip up to Philadelphia from Texas, miikezombie and his ladyfriend came out with us on a quick tour of some of the Old City watering holes (Monk's, Eulogy and Triumph), and good times were had.

On a couple of business trips to Boston and Rochester, I met up with celticfutblclub and RochesterAaron. They were about a month or two apart, and my bungus hadn't healed by the time I got to Rochester. That Alan Six is the worst.

trxxpaxxs came to my house a week or two ago and we dominated some srs brs. Also recently ticked stakem at Troegs, where he proceeded to give me a golden berliner shower right in the taproom.

Have a trip to Chicago/Indy planned for late this spring, hoping to tick CrushedVol, mcbeerbrew, Rempo, Shaggs, and of course MarkIntihar. Am also hoping to bump into lurchingbeast and backfat. Will also have to hit up Gonzoillini so I can buy him a pint. Am open to meeting up with others while I'm out there, I'll be keeping my trip planning updates public.

Hope to one day get out to SoCal to meetup with my favies ehammond1, 1v1willwreku and domtronzero, along with the rest of those Cali hooligans (looking at dontdrinkbeer for some burger beers)

I feel like there may be a couple of others, but just know that I love you and loved meeting up with you, no matter how forgettable you were. Not srs. LYMI.

There are many more that I plan to visit in the years to come.

Last edited:

For obvious reasons, I know everybody from the old NJ, and now the South Jersey and most of the North Jersey Gang Bang Teams. They know who they are, and aren't getting tagged. Met several members of the NOVA team when they came up for a HJIF, including IrishColonial, bum732, and that creeper Iliketurtles.

On a trip up to Philadelphia from Texas, miikezombie and his ladyfriend came out with us on a quick tour of some of the Old City watering holes (Monk's, Eulogy and Triumph), and good times were had.

On a couple of business trips to Boston and Rochester, I met up with celticfutblclub and RochesterAaron. They were about a month or two apart, and my bungus hadn't healed by the time I got to Rochester.

trxxpaxxs came to my house a week or two ago and we dominated some srs brs. Also recently ticked stakem at Troegs, where he proceeded to give me a golden berliner shower right in the taproom.

Have a trip to Chicago/Indy planned for late this spring, hoping to tick CrushedVol, mcbeerbrew, Rempo, Shaggs, and of course MarkIntihar. Am also hoping to bump into lurchingbeast and backfat. Will also have to hit up Gonzoillini so I can buy him a pint. Am open to meeting up with others while I'm out there, I'll be keeping my trip planning updates public.

Hope to one day get out to SoCal to meetup with my favies ehammond1, 1v1willwreku and domtronzero, along with the rest of those Cali hooligans.
tumblr_m5ba4ctjZy1r8jh3fo1_500.gif

On a couple of business trips to Boston and Rochester, I met up with celticfutblclub and RochesterAaron. They were about a month or two apart, and my bungus hadn't healed by the time I got to Rochester. That Alan Six is the worst.

Hope to one day get out to SoCal to meetup with my favies ehammond1, 1v1willwreku and domtronzero, along with the rest of those Cali hooligans.

I feel like there may be a couple of others, but just know that I love you and loved meeting up with you, no matter how forgettable you were. Not srs. LYMI.

I'm still picking up hair from Trady's visit

Cool avatar. Let me know when you head down to Columbia area. That is our main drinking site.

Will stalk the **** out of you for said non-planned but maybe one day will happen so-cal trip so I can say nice things to you in person while twirling my mustache/10.

Dat cognitive dissonance.

Srs.

Back