Simple question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IBrewthere4Iam

Reaction score
I am looking for the name of something so I can search for more information and see if it will Work for me.

I see photos of folks doing electric brewing, their kettles are sitting on what looks like a hot plate on steroids. Usually a digital panel in the front. I am assuming this is a heat source? The name of said device and / or even a link that explains it in detail would be appreciated.

look for ones with LOTS of watts. Like 3500. Amazon has two...disguised as about 40...but there are only 2.

...but pay attention to the voltage requirements. The 3500W ones will only work on 240 volts. Unless you know you have a 240V outlet in your brewspace, you're going to be limited to under 2000W on a standard 120V outlet.

Also, your kettle has to be induction ready. If a magnet sticks to the bottom, it will work; aluminum will not.

Back