Shorts Brewing 2016 Release Schedule

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Umm hmm
Why Joe, Why?

I like personal growth helping him and his employees. If it now becomes impossible to find seasonals I'll be more upset but...congrats to them for starting from the bottom and working to this point.

You are one of the loudest voices behind our “Michigan only. Michigan forever.” commitment. But seriously, Short’s is going to start distributing outside of Michigan at some point in the future, right?

No way. We’re committed to remaining in Michigan.

Why?

The main reason is that we love Michigan and the people of Michigan. It’s never been part of our business model to grow beyond these borders. Relatedly, we want to continue to bottle and release dozens of awesome beers every year instead of being limited to only a few special releases other than our flagships. It takes an immense amount of tank space and planning to release so many specialty brews throughout the year. We would have to limit that and re-focus on our flagship beers if we started to cast our net over a broader territory. Doing so would limit the variety of beers available to our most loyal fans here in this state.

my favorite i dug up!
Shorts is one of the 6 Michigan breweries that Meijer will begin carrying in its stores in Indiana, Illinois, Ohio, Kentucky and Wisconsin by April 16.
http://www.mlive.com/business/west-...ns_6_largest_breweries.html#incart_river_home
That's a pretty big piece of market right there.

i see anniversary ale is in bombers this year! don't know if this is old news of not but it's new to me! that's one bomber i will overpay for!
I hadn't seen that, bombers only? Not sure I really need more than 12 oz at a time...
From a on premise stand point it kind of stinks. The amount of people that will be able to enjoy the beer will be half.

I hadn't seen that, bombers only? Not sure I really need more than 12 oz at a time...
From a on premise stand point it kind of stinks. The amount of people that will be able to enjoy the beer will be half.
only says bombers so i think so? maybe not though...it will suck because i wont be able to try it at different ages anymore if its only bombers. ill probably have to wait a year and drink it with my wife then. it will be sweet to add to the shorts bottle collection though! ;)

only says bombers so i think so? maybe not though...it will suck because i wont be able to try it at different ages anymore if its only bombers. ill probably have to wait a year and drink it with my wife then. it will be sweet to add to the shorts bottle collection though! ;)
I'm sorry joe, I can't seem to find mention of bombers, where did you see that?

I'm sorry joe, I can't seem to find mention of bombers, where did you see that?

They must really fly by the seat of their pants, cuz this list says Peachy Pom Pom is "keg only", but it's hitting in GR right now...in bombers no less.
https://www.shortsbrewing.com/2016-bottle-release-schedule/

img-flagship-schedule-header.png

Soft Parade (12 pk and 6 pk)
Huma Lupa Licious
Bellaire Brown
Local’s
Space Rock (12 pk and 6 pk)

Variety Pack Released December 2015
Twisted Cain January – March
ControversiALE April – May
Nicie Spicie June – August
Autumn Ale September – October
TBD November – December

SR-01.png

Swirl Stout January

Love Knife January
Peachy Pom Pom – Keg Only January
Batch 5000Bombers January
Bim Bam Boom February
Superfluid February
Uncle Steve’s Irish Stout February
Snake Juice March
Peachy Pom Pom – Bombers March
Goodnight Bodacious March
Mr. Fusion April
Melt My Brain April
Anniversary AleBombers May
Hopstache May
Ocho de Mayo May
Freedom of ’78 June
Bucktricutioner June
Strawberry Short’s Cake July
Power of Love July
Blanco Suave August
Key Lime Pie August
Lil’ Creepster September
Richard in the Dirt September
Kind Ale October
Black Cherry Porter October
Sticky Icky Icky October
Cup a Joe November
Juicy Tree November
The Liberator December
Lil’ Wheezy December

*Release Dates and styles are subject to change. More varieties may be available than what is listed above. The ‘Beer Schedule’ does not include the numerous R&D beers (and draft only selections) that will be available throughout the year at the Bellaire pub and select beer events.

They must really fly by the seat of their pants, cuz this list says Peachy Pom Pom is "keg only", but it's hitting in GR right now...in bombers no less.

Huma Lupa Licious
Bellaire Brown
Local’s

TBD November – December

SR-01.png

Swirl Stout January

Love Knife January
Bim Bam Boom February
Superfluid February
Snake Juice March
Mr. Fusion April
Melt My Brain April
Hopstache May
Ocho de Mayo May
Freedom of ’78 June
Bucktricutioner June
Power of Love July
Blanco Suave August
Key Lime Pie August
Lil’ Creepster September
Kind Ale October
Sticky Icky Icky October
Cup a Joe November
Juicy Tree November
The Liberator December
Lil’ Wheezy December

*Release Dates and styles are subject to change. More varieties may be available than what is listed above. The ‘Beer Schedule’ does not include the numerous R&D beers (and draft only selections) that will be available throughout the year at the Bellaire pub and select beer events.
Thanks Dave, can't believe I flew passed that.

Huma Lupa Licious
Bellaire Brown
Local’s

TBD November – December

SR-01.png

Swirl Stout January

Love Knife January
Bim Bam Boom February
Superfluid February
Snake Juice March
Mr. Fusion April
Melt My Brain April
Hopstache May
Ocho de Mayo May
Freedom of ’78 June
Bucktricutioner June
Power of Love July
Blanco Suave August
Key Lime Pie August
Lil’ Creepster September
Kind Ale October
Sticky Icky Icky October
Cup a Joe November
Juicy Tree November
The Liberator December
Lil’ Wheezy December

I just grabbed a bottle of Peachy Pom Pom in SE MI. Pricy at $15 but I'll give it a shot. If it's bad, it will save me from buying other Shorts sours in the future.

I saw a few bottles of Peachy Pom Pom near me if anyone is still interested. 15.99 I think.

So, is there going to be a Secret Stache release at the Anniversary party or just Compression and Anniversary Ale?

I'm willing to bet pricing will be pretty similar in stores.
Yeah, as long as I buy one from Holiday it will probably be the same price...still doesn't put it back in 6 12oz bottles though...and I'm willing to bet all the party stores will proudly display it on their register counter tops for exaggerated prices.

Yeah, as long as I buy one from Holiday it will probably be the same price...still doesn't put it back in 6 12oz bottles though...and I'm willing to bet all the party stores will proudly display it on their register counter tops for exaggerated prices.
I'm really bummed about the format change... And now I'm really bummed about the price increase as well.

Also, I want to say that I'm really bummed the case of Space Rock in a can we got was not very enjoyable. Vegetal, overly bitter, unbalanced. Color me disappointed.

I'm really bummed about the format change... And now I'm really bummed about the price increase as well.

Also, I want to say that I'm really bummed the case of Space Rock in a can we got was not very enjoyable. Vegetal, overly bitter, unbalanced. Color me disappointed.
The cans of Huma were almost three weeks old when they hit. Not a big deal but strange when we are used to getting Shorts the day after its bottled. And it was much harsher than usual Huma. Really overly bitter. Oh well. I'll just wait for Hopstashe.

The cans of Huma were almost three weeks old when they hit. Not a big deal but strange when we are used to getting Shorts the day after its bottled. And it was much harsher than usual Huma. Really overly bitter. Oh well. I'll just wait for Hopstashe.
Yeah, they've been ****ing everything up lately. Don't be surprised if they **** up Hopstache, Freedom, SSC, Key Lime.....

And while I'm here I might as well rant a little about Anni Party XII: You want me to pay $35 to celebrate YOUR anniversary?
How about celebrating the fact that Michiganders helped make your company by not charging them for your party.
The 10th was a beautiful free thing, 11th cost $20--but we got MOMF swag!--what will next years cost?

That's how I felt about Space Rock...
Wow--good to know. I'm curious about how the huma cans will taste but I'll give them some leeway to figure it out. My buying habits are 90% Shorts special release bottles so it was interesting to have a can of that Avery Lili Kipololi (sp) and note the subtle aluminum flavor. I really want some special releases in cans so I'm hoping they hit their stride and start doing that. Anyone try their crowlers from the pub yet? Hoping to grab one or two over the Summer.

Yeah, they've been ****ing everything up lately. Don't be surprised if they **** up Hopstache, Freedom, SSC, Key Lime.....

And while I'm here I might as well rant a little about Anni Party XII: You want me to pay $35 to celebrate YOUR anniversary?
How about celebrating the fact that Michiganders helped make your company by not charging them for your party.
The 10th was a beautiful free thing, 11th cost $20--but we got MOMF swag!--what will next years cost?
Do not like, but as a Devils (Lettuce) advocate, maybe the ticket prices help them give better wages to their staff and move the company into their regular stride? Trying to look on the bright side. That tap list for this party wasn't the most amazing one I've seen from them...

Do not like, but as a Devils (Lettuce) advocate, maybe the ticket prices help them give better wages to their staff and move the company into their regular stride? Trying to look on the bright side. That tap list for this party wasn't the most amazing one I've seen from them...
You're one of those glass half full people, aren't you? Bah humbug!

Back