Shorts Brewing 2016 Release Schedule

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got a little s'more taste on the fresh bottles of s'more stout but right now it is straight roasty, smokey milk stout. Would go perfect around a spring night bonfire!

Id probably pick up another sixer even if i saw one..

Half way through my first Cat's Pajamas. Like a beautiful blend of Anniversary (blood orange) and Freedom (guava). This will probably be in my top 10 of Shorts.

Good, I'd rather try something new (two things!), then be bent over for a 13 dollar bomber of a beer I used to pay 13 dollars a 6 six pack for.
Word--I just feel a little sentimental for Blood Orange Anniversary, but I suppose with Cat's Pajama I got that itch scratched already. I'm hopeful for Slurm (as i will probably only grab 1 bomber of the new Anni--and that's if I'm able to find it for $13) but can already here the backlash of Shorts 'succumbing to new hype', even if its really good.

Word--I just feel a little sentimental for Blood Orange Anniversary, but I suppose with Cat's Pajama I got that itch scratched already. I'm hopeful for Slurm (as i will probably only grab 1 bomber of the new Anni--and that's if I'm able to find it for $13) but can already here the backlash of Shorts 'succumbing to new hype', even if its really good.
Yah, especially that they just slipped that into the brew schedule after that promote their whole "fan choice" pick for a beer and all that...Eh. I'm a little confused on the vision.

I still love Shorts the most and I'm glad they haven't shied away from chance taking/brazenness BUTTTTT if they're gonna go all rogue and swap in new brews/swap out others why not just go ahead and make MMMKay a flagship that I can buy year round?

It gives me no pleasure to add to thebandit1's negative vibes but Michigantuan did not deliver on any of its potential. Almost no cherry--essentially a lackluster dipa. I still dug the juice box strawberry waterness of the Shortscake but agree to some extent that dropping the abv shaved the beer dimension of it. I believe they did the same thing to Melt My Brain.

The 2017 lineup is halfway through and most of it hasn't been their best. Really hoping 2018 has a better batting average for my favorite brewing company.

Michigan, the Hazy state. Does anyone else think that these beers will be a one-time thing? I can't see this fad lasting beyond this summer.

Petoskey Brewing

June 23 at 1:49pm ·
Who's ready to get #Juicy ?
This New England style IPA is full of citrus flavors. Perfect for a day in the sun, on the boat or at the beach.
#PBC

Such originality

I see it lasting... I mean treehouse has been doing it for what four years and they can't even keep up? Trillium etc. I enjoy the beers so I hope they do, they are accumulating hype like crazy around my neck of the woods now which is annoying but what do I expect

Michigan, the Hazy state. Does anyone else think that these beers will be a one-time thing? I can't see this fad lasting beyond this summer.

Petoskey Brewing

June 23 at 1:49pm ·
Who's ready to get #Juicy ?
This New England style IPA is full of citrus flavors. Perfect for a day in the sun, on the boat or at the beach.
#PBC

I had this beer a few weeks. It's as clear as a lager and probably less hoppy than most beers.

I have no idea what they are going for.

Went to a Starcut Ciders/Melt My Brain sampling from Joe himself. I sheepishly asked him about Mmkay, expansion of canning etc. He mentioned that he does not care for haze, but noted that his scientists had figured out methods to do haze the correct way. lol Slurm, Slurm Lord, Hazy Controversiale and Gary Juicy are likely Joe Short a. allowing his employees to experiment b. grabbing that sweet cash flow before the next craft beer buzz.

Went to a Starcut Ciders/Melt My Brain sampling from Joe himself. I sheepishly asked him about Mmkay, expansion of canning etc. He mentioned that he does not care for haze, but noted that his scientists had figured out methods to do haze the correct way. lol Slurm, Slurm Lord, Hazy Controversiale and Gary Juicy are likely Joe Short a. allowing his employees to experiment b. grabbing that sweet cash flow before the next craft beer buzz.
Did you ask him why Melt My Brain sucks?

Getting paid though! I honesty still love going there. The beer was great last week, food is crazy good. I don't get what has become of their bottles. Strange.

ct-shorts-brewing-to-start-distribution-in-chicago-20160128

Back