Shorts Brewing 2016 Release Schedule

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hear you on the Huma cans, but then I find them to be my best option a lot of times and I like the ability of taking them camping, to beach etc. Huma initially turned me off and I know I've had some off bottles, but I still find it to my go to when I can't find a specialty from someone else. I would argue that most Bells generally strike me as overly malty sticky messes.

I bought a mister fusion 6er from an idiot party store that probably left them in a window and then put them in a cooler 3 months later and yeah, the flavor was OFF. Then I had 2 Wowee Zowees my wife's boss had held aside for me (they were bottled two years ago) last weekend and there really wasn't any mint, but damnit if that wasn't still tasty. My biggest compliment I can give to shorts is their tireless efforts to make sure nothing weird happens to their contents and even their waste water is cleaner than the water they start with! I know--I'm a real fanboy.

Your list is interesting to me because none of those are really my jam. I was definitely disappointed to see their release schedule for this year but I have to admit I have still enjoyed almost everything they have released so far this year(Bim Bam Boom never needs to be spoken of let alone packaged ever again). Pan Galactic is probably my favorite beer and to see it be added to the release schedule is awesome. Anniversary in 22oz seems like a boneheaded move as have a lot of decisions this year, but if we can get specialty cans and mixed 15 pack cans in the future then Shorts will continue to be me one and only <3 end of shorts love letter/defense of their misgivings:)
Snake Juice is the beer I think you meant when you said we shouldn't talk about it any more.

Snake Juice is the beer I think you meant when you said we shouldn't talk about it any more.
I mean seriously--I knew they were taking some chances but why? When they've got new brews like a Michigan cherry double iPa, coconut iPa, Thai coconut stout--lots of others--why take your release schedule in that direction (Snake Juice, swirl stout, Bim bam boom) ideas that don't even sound interesting on paper?

I mean seriously--I knew they were taking some chances but why? When they've got new brews like a Michigan cherry double iPa, coconut iPa, Thai coconut stout--lots of others--why take your release schedule in that direction (Snake Juice, swirl stout, Bim bam boom) ideas that don't even sound interesting on paper?
Hallucinogenics, I assume.

I took a six pack of Huma camping with me this weekend. And each can, about half way through, I just kept thinking "has this always been such a mess" super sticky sweet malt bomb with a sharp bitterness that did not please me one bit. It was really disappointing. I brought a few Grapefruit IPA's from Perrin and some Blackrocks Presque Ale and was much more satisfied with both of those.
Oh ya, the Huma was dated July 27th, so it was not old by any means.

I took a six pack of Huma camping with me this weekend. And each can, about half way through, I just kept thinking "has this always been such a mess" super sticky sweet malt bomb with a sharp bitterness that did not please me one bit. It was really disappointing. I brought a few Grapefruit IPA's from Perrin and some Blackrocks Presque Ale and was much more satisfied with both of those.
Oh ya, the Huma was dated July 27th, so it was not old by any means.
Not going to rehash what's already been said about Shorts. I'm in the same camp.

But how about that Presque Ale :eek: My pick for Michigan Beer of the Summer.

There are really just two beers I look forward to from them every year, "Goodnight Bodacious" and "Cup A Joe".

Glad to see "Melt My Brain" returning. I found that beer very crushable, hope they put it in cans.

Bourbon publican porter?!?!? Gotta get me one of those!!
Do we know if this is going to distro? I may actually be willing to chase this one. If anyone from around Detroit is headed up to grab some, I'd love to work something out for one or two bottles.

Do we know if this is going to distro? I may actually be willing to chase this one. If anyone from around Detroit is headed up to grab some, I'd love to work something out for one or two bottles.
Looks like pub only with no limit. Sucks because this one will probably sell out faster than any other private stache beer yet.

I can only imagine!!

I feel like I've been under a rock, BA Publican??? Man I forgot how much I loved that beer drank my last regular like a year and a half ago. Wish I was closer to the brewpub I have missed out on the last 4 releases of theirs. May have to find someone heading up that way.

Anybody else digging Critterless? I guess I'm behind the times but it's a really nice change of pace and super quality release. Followed one up with a Liberator just now :)

Anybody else digging Critterless? I guess I'm behind the times but it's a really nice change of pace and super quality release. Followed one up with a Liberator just now :)
I really like it. I would probably even say i like it more than immortal jelly and soft parade too..

Latest posts

Back