• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Selling everything (leaving the hobby)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KyRye

Reaction score
Hi all,

First time poster, long time reader. I have recently decided to give up alcohol after around 6 years of home brewing. Since none of my close friends have the room & interest, its time to sell all of my brewing related things. Prices are negotiable. I'm near Rockford IL and would be willing to travel a reasonable distance to to help with pickup or drop off of some items. I'm not too far from I-90 and IL 173 if you'd be in the area and wanted to arrange for a pickup. Here's a imgur link with most of the items & brief descriptions https://imgur.com/a/D2dnhnZ

My schedule doesn't really give me much time to ship things, so I'd like to avoid shipping if at all possible.

Whole lots never seem to sell on here, but, IF you're interested, the whole lot will include a ton of extras not listed below. I'd entertain around $2k for everything with 1 chest freezer and would be willing to travel a few hours to arrange a drop off/meet up/pickup. PM me for details.

Also, thanks for the many tips and advice over the years. I accidentally developed a fantastic crowd-pleaser beer recipe from a 'forgotten' style from advice read on this website and may eventually post it.

I will try to respond as soon as I can to questions & PMs.

The list:
SS brewtech brew bucket, 7 gal brewmaster edition. 2 available. Will come with thermowells and blow off elbow fittings for the lids. $170EA

Edgestar Triple Tap kegerator with taprite triple tap tower and Perlick flow control faucets. Lines are sleeved with copper tubing to help keep them cool going up the tower. Has digital controls on the front and a fast cool mode if you need to chill down warm kegs. $700

5 Gal ball Lock kegs, 7 available, used in good shape. New orings and poppits. $45EA
1 available, "NEW", used less than 5 times. $55

3 Gal ball lock kegs, 3 available. "NEW", each used once. $55EA. These are from adventures in homebrewing

Thermoworks 8689 PH meter with 1 new unopened bottle ea of pH7 & pH 4 calibration fluid. $65

Cereal killer grain mill, $60

Co2 tank, aluminum, with dual taprite regulator setup for 3 lines. Tank has from Airgas & has recent certification. ~85-90% full. $130 for the tank & regulator setup

Jaded Hyrda wort chiller, $130

2L stirstarter stirplate w/2L flask - $40
5L Stirstarter stirplate w5L flask - $75

Mini Co2 Regulators (take paintball Co2 cartridges) 2 available, $20EA

New brewbag, 30-42qt kettles, $20

55LB unopened bag of Weyermann Pilsner malt, $45. Local pickup or delivery only, will also toss in 25-35lbs of extra grains, like flaked rye, flaked corn, carafoam, all kinds of crystal & roast malts, etc...

Propane/natural gas burner, 120K model from adventures in homebrewing. Setup for Nat. Gas but I will provide the propane orifice and regulator hose assembly. It has had longer legs welded onto it to raise it slightly higher of the floor. $50

Tall Boy brew kettle, 10 gal (will actually hold 12 gal). Etched in a few of the more important gallon markings years ago. Comes with lid. $100

Portable Keg Cooler- This is a custom piece, made from the orange homedepot coolers before a ready made solution was available. It will fit a full 5 gal corny keg with room for the mini Co2 regulator and party tap line. Willing to make a package deal with the mini regulator and party tap line. $50 for the cooler, $70 for the whole setup with (2) 10 packs of paintball Co2 tanks thrown in also.

Chest freezers - 7CU Ft. 2 available, $150EA

Norcal solutions Co2 harvester kits for mason jars - 2 available, will come with 1/2 gal jars. $25EA (the Norcal parts are stainless and in perfect shape, the ball jar bands rust after awhile)

Inkbird dual temp controller, 2 available. $25EA

Beer line, 3/16 bevflex. 100ft unopened box. $40

Bench Capper, $25

Hop spider, $25

Anvil Mash Paddle and spoon, Stainless steel $25 for both

Bunches of miscellaneous fittings, line clamps, and o-rings (pics in the imgur link). Its hard to price all these, so make me an offer. I can provide specifics if requested.

I also have cases of empty 22oz and 12oz bottles from before I was kegging. I'd like $10 per case, but make me an offer. There are also 2 or 3 cases of 16oz "higher pressure" belgian style bottles available.

Finally, I have some saved yeast from overbuilt starters. If you do a local pickup and want it, I will provide you with whatever you'd like. I have 2qts of WLP090, 1qt of omega DIPA, 1qt of WLP036, 1qt of WLP830.

I'd be interested in all 3 3 gallon kegs if you were interested in shipping. 91030 zip
Hi all,

First time poster, long time reader. I have recently decided to give up alcohol after around 6 years of home brewing. Since none of my close friends have the room & interest, its time to sell all of my brewing related things. Prices are negotiable. I'm near Rockford IL and would be willing to travel a reasonable distance to to help with pickup or drop off of some items. I'm not too far from I-90 and IL 173 if you'd be in the area and wanted to arrange for a pickup. Here's a imgur link with most of the items & brief descriptions https://imgur.com/a/D2dnhnZ

My schedule doesn't really give me much time to ship things, so I'd like to avoid shipping if at all possible.

Whole lots never seem to sell on here, but, IF you're interested, the whole lot will include a ton of extras not listed below. I'd entertain around $2k for everything with 1 chest freezer and would be willing to travel a few hours to arrange a drop off/meet up/pickup. PM me for details.

Also, thanks for the many tips and advice over the years. I accidentally developed a fantastic crowd-pleaser beer recipe from a 'forgotten' style from advice read on this website and may eventually post it.

The list:
SS brewtech brew bucket, 7 gal brewmaster edition. 2 available. Will come with thermowells and blow off elbow fittings for the lids. $170EA

Edgestar Triple Tap kegerator with taprite triple tap tower and Perlick flow control faucets. Lines are sleeved with copper tubing to help keep them cool going up the tower. Has digital controls on the front and a fast cool mode if you need to chill down warm kegs. $700

5 Gal ball Lock kegs, 7 available, used in good shape. New orings and poppits. $45EA

3 Gal ball lock kegs, 3 available. "NEW", each used once. $55EA. These are from adventures in homebrewing

Thermoworks 8689 PH meter with 1 new unopened bottle ea of pH7 & pH 4 calibration fluid. $65

Co2 tank, aluminum, with dual taprite regulator setup for 3 lines. Tank has from Airgas & has recent certification. ~85-90% full. $130 for the tank & regulator setup

55LB unopened bag of Weyermann Pilsner malt, $45. Local pickup or delivery only, will also toss in 25-35lbs of extra grains, like flaked rye, flaked corn, carafoam, all kinds of crystal & roast malts, etc...

Propane/natural gas burner, 120K model from adventures in homebrewing. Setup for Nat. Gas but I will provide the propane orifice and regulator hose assembly. It has had longer legs welded onto it to raise it slightly higher of the floor. $50

Tall Boy brew kettle, 10 gal (will actually hold 12 gal). Etched in a few of the more important gallon markings years ago. Comes with lid. $100

Portable Keg Cooler- This is a custom piece, made from the orange homedepot coolers before a ready made solution was available. It will fit a full 5 gal corny keg with room for the mini Co2 regulator and party tap line. Willing to make a package deal with the mini regulator and party tap line. $50 for the cooler, $70 for the whole setup with (2) 10 packs of paintball Co2 tanks thrown in also.

Norcal solutions Co2 harvester kits for mason jars - 2 available, will come with 1/2 gal jars. $25EA (the Norcal parts are stainless and in perfect shape, the ball jar bands rust after awhile)

Bench Capper, $25

Hop spider, $25

Bunches of miscellaneous fittings, line clamps, and o-rings (pics in the imgur link). Its hard to price all these, so make me an offer. I can provide specifics if requested.

I also have cases of empty 22oz and 12oz bottles from before I was kegging. I'd like $10 per case, but make me an offer. There are also 2 or 3 cases of 16oz "higher pressure" belgian style bottles available.

Finally, I have some saved yeast from overbuilt starters. If you do a local pickup and want it, I will provide you with whatever you'd like. I have 2qts of WLP090, 1qt of omega DIPA, 1qt of WLP036, 1qt of WLP830.

Interested in kegs and ph meter if you change your mind about shipping 16201

Looks like a few things are called for, I will update the list when I have confirmation from the interested parties.

I keep getting an error when editing the original post, the following items are sold:
All 3 gallon kegs
Both Norcal CO2 harvesters kits
The Brewbag
1 of the brew buckets

More pictures of the 'used' kegs have been added per a forum member request.

Last edited:
Just picked up a brew bucket and some free goodies from the seller. A+ experience, buy with confidence.

Thanks for the positive feedback!

Also, an update on the items that are now officially SOLD

All 3 gallon kegs
Both Norcal CO2 harvesters kits
The Brewbag
BOTH Brew Buckets
2L stir starter & flask

Last edited:
I bought the 2L stir plate and it arrived today as expected. Item was just as pictured and described. A+ Seems like someone I would have enjoyed brewing with. Would recommend from my experience.

Also, thanks for the many tips and advice over the years. I accidentally developed a fantastic crowd-pleaser beer recipe from a 'forgotten' style from advice read on this website and may eventually post it

I already have tons of homebrew stuff but your items offered and prices look pretty good from here.
Your "forgotten" style recipe sounds interesting, I hope you can post it, Thanks!

Hi & thank you everyone,

It's been great meeting all of you at the pickups so far.

More items are sold as of this morning. Rather than throwing another short update at you all, here is the revised master list of stuff with pricing revisions and sold items removed. Also, I am willing to ship the smaller items. I'd let the whole lot go for $1k with delivery up to 2hr from zip 61115/61111. Anything past that I might be willing to negotiate depending on the distance.

The list:

Edgestar Triple Tap kegerator with taprite stainless steel triple tap tower and 3 Perlick flow control faucets. Lines are sleeved with copper tubing to help keep them cool going up the tower. Has digital controls and is very quiet. I will include a package of new line, my entire supply of line clamps and kegerator accessories/tools, as well as cleaning and sanitizing supplies, like ~10lbs of PBW, 1qt saniclean, and 1qt starsan. It will also include a custom built keg & line cleaner/washer & other random brewing items that I don't feel like listing on their own.
$550
With regulator setup & Co2 tank, $625.
*Willing deliver within a reasonable distance or also willing to do a longer range meetup. This will also include the grains lot and the hops lot (if unsold). Detailed pictures available upon request.

5 Gal ball Lock kegs, 7 available, used in good shape. New o-rings and poppets. Will include extra o-rings. Willing to negotiate a bulk deal on these that will include (2) new extra lids, poppets, disconnects, a large supply of o-rings (bulk bags, think 100-200 of each size), dip tube(s), and a set of new keg posts. $40EA, Local pickup only on these. $250 takes them all with delivery within a reasonable range from zip 61115, also willing to do a longer range meetup.

Thermoworks 8689 PH meter with 1 new unopened bottle ea of pH7 & pH 4 calibration fluid plus storage fluid. $50 (willing to ship)

Co2 tank, aluminum, with dual Taprite regulator setup for 3 lines. Regulator has gauge guards and is setup for MFL lines, not barbed lines. I beleive I still have the barbed fittings and will provide them if I find them. Tank is owned outright & has recent certification from Airgas. ~85-90% full. Will come with a large bag of the square o-rings that go between the tank & regulator. $100 for the tank & regulator setup, pickup only.

Jaded Hyrda wort chiller, includes sink faucet adapter and line set, $110 (may be willing to ship, but it is heavy-ish)

5L Stirstarter stirplate w/5L flask - $60 (willing to ship)

(2) Mini Co2 Regulators With 2 boxes of the smaller threaded tanks (takes small threaded paintball Co2 cartridges or larger 74 gram cartridges) - $20 for both with the tanks (willing to ship, has to be by ground)

55LB unopened sack of Weyermann Pilsner malt, $40. Purchased this past fall. Local pickup only, will also toss in 25-30lbs of extra grains, like flaked rye, flaked corn, carafoam, all kinds of crystal & roast malts, plus about 10lb of viking pilsner malt

The hops list. All have been either kept in their original sealed bags inside freezer bags or if opened, sealed inside double freezer bags. Entire hops lot shipped for $60

Unopened in original sealed bags:
8oz gr saphir
8oz calista
8oz amarillo
8oz liberty
8oz centennial
8oz chinook
8oz citra
4oz NZ taiheke

Opened/partial in resealable bags:
7oz Chinook
4oz cluster
5oz CZ saaz
4oz NZ motueka
1oz NZ kohatu
1oz NZ Dr. Rudi

Propane/natural gas burner, 120K model from adventures in homebrewing. Setup for Nat. Gas but I will provide the propane orifice and regulator hose assembly. It has had longer legs welded onto it to raise it slightly higher of the floor. The pic isn't the best, it looks dusty from cutting wood nearby. $40

Tall Boy brew kettle, 10 gal (will actually hold 12 gal). Etched in a few of the more important gallon markings years ago. Comes with lid. $80

Portable Keg Cooler- This is a custom piece, made from the orange homedepot coolers before a ready made solution was available. It will fit a full 5 gal corny keg with room for the mini Co2 regulator and party tap line. Willing to make a package deal with the mini regulators and party tap line. $45 for the cooler, $60for the whole setup with (2) 10 packs of paintball Co2 tanks thrown in also. Local pickup due to size.

Chest freezers - 7CU Ft. 1 available, $140 (will include inkbird temp controller) Can deliver within a reasonable distance.

Inkbird dual temp controller, 1 available. $20

Beer line, 3/16 bevflex. 100ft unopened box. $30

1 Bench Capper & 1 red wing capper, will include one European size capping bell, $20

Hop spider, $20

Anvil Mash Paddle and spoon, Stainless steel $20 for both

I will include cases of 22 or 12 oz bottles on request with local pickups; I'd rather they get used instead of throwing them in the recycling bin. I also have some glass 5 and 6 gal carboys, if you're a local pickup and want 1, I'll bring you one.

Also, I have a bunch of Brew your own (BYO) magazines and beer books. If you're a local pickup and you want 'em, let me know. First person that calls them gets them all.

I concur with the other positive feedback on the seller! Nice guy, and was on time for a pickup. As others said, buy with confidence.

Hi all,

The list:

Bench Capper, $25

Hop spider, $25

what bench capper is it, is it still available?

Co2 tank, aluminum, with dual Taprite regulator setup for 3 lines. Regulator has gauge guards and is setup for MFL lines, not barbed lines. I beleive I still have the barbed fittings and will provide them if I find them. Tank is owned outright & has recent certification from Airgas. ~85-90% full. Will come with a large bag of the square o-rings that go between the tank & regulator. $100 for the tank & regulator setup, pickup only.

Is the regulator available without the tank? If so, willing to ship? Price?

Is the regulator available without the tank? If so, willing to ship? Price?

I'd like to keep them together for now. Will PM you if that changes.

Also, the entire lot of kegs is now SOLD.

I'd let the rest of the lot go for ~$800 at this point.

PM Sent.

An update on items sold
The entire lot of kegs is now SOLD.
5L flask and stir plate
Pilsner Malt lot
Mini Co2 regulators

Last edited:
More items no longer available/Sold:

Tall Boy brew kettle
Hop Spider

$600 takes the kegerator, co2 tank & regulator, hyrda wort chiller, and basically everything that is left as a lot (plus unlisted extras), minus the chest freezer and burner.

Thanks for the feedback!

The only thing left at this point is the Kegerator/Co2 tank & regulator/keg & line cleaner lot.

Imgur has been updated with pictures of almost everything that will be included. Items that will also be in the lot but not pictured include 1qt each of Star San & Sani Clean, at least 5lb of PBW, 1 pint? of Idophor, and 2 different liquid line cleaners among other things. Link to the updated pictures --> https://imgur.com/a/D2dnhnZ

I will deliver up to 2hr away. I'm willing to work out something if you're further away than that.

Lot is down to $500...

Thanks to Brew4043 for picking up the kegerator and Co2 setup. It was nice meeting you.

There are now no items left for sale.

Thanks KyRye! It was great to meet you today! Thanks for a great deal on some great equipment!

Latest posts

Back