Secret Santa Sour Swap

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think there are still a few left then. I was told due to freezing weather, my Santa wasn't even going to ship until Monday. So I figured I would be the very last as I won't even get mine until later next week at the earliest.

No rush though. It's worth the wait to not have broken bottles.

Well, it now says it'll be there on Tuesday. At least the neighbors won't get it.

Apparently the right hand doesn't know what the left is doing because I got a call at 8 last night that I had a package waiting for pickup.

Thanks two-hearted! I can't wait to try these beers and I love the swag.

F9d9c3e.jpg

Beers L-R:
Jackie O's - Mystic Mama
Jackie O's - Chomolunga
Jolly Pumpkin - Noel de Calabaza
De Proef - Zoetzuur
Rivertown - Lambic
Rivertown - Triumvirate

Swag:
Cigar city pint glass and Fat Head's Head Hunter trucker cap.

Canti4341 said:
Apparently the right hand doesn't know what the left is doing because I got a call at 8 last night that I had a package waiting for pickup. Thanks two-hearted! I can't wait to try these beers and I love the swag. Beers L-R: Jackie O's - Mystic Mama Jackie O's - Chomolunga Jolly Pumpkin - Noel de Calabaza De Proef - Zoetzuur Rivertown - Lambic Rivertown - Triumvirate Swag: Cigar city pint glass and Fat Head's Head Hunter trucker cap.

Nice haul. I got one of those Rivertown Lambics in a trade and it was fantastic. Would love to get my hands on some Jackie O's though.

Apparently the right hand doesn't know what the left is doing because I got a call at 8 last night that I had a package waiting for pickup.

Thanks two-hearted! I can't wait to try these beers and I love the swag.

F9d9c3e.jpg

Beers L-R:
Jackie O's - Mystic Mama
Jackie O's - Chomolunga
Jolly Pumpkin - Noel de Calabaza
De Proef - Zoetzuur
Rivertown - Lambic
Rivertown - Triumvirate

Swag:
Cigar city pint glass and Fat Head's Head Hunter trucker cap.

Sweet, glad you got it! That Mystic Mama is a pretty tasty IPA. I'm a huge fan. The Triumvirate is a a new one for me. I bought myself one to try. Its aged in gin barrels and and designed to taste like a gin and tonic? We'll see. I've heard its pretty tasty though. I agree with Brewbien too, their lambics are good. I really like Zoetzuur too. Not too sour, and not too sweet. Enjoy!

They are so good. I really enjoyed their line up at GABF. Clean and not too acidic....

Love pretty much every beer I've had there. I avoided their table at GABF which was a mistake because I also didn't get to taste any or Barley Brown's beers :(

Jealous of that Maybelle. I can't wait , Commons expands their distro to the rest of OR Jan. 1. Won't have to drive to far off locations to pick it up!

LOL, can't blame the guy. I would have done the same thing if I knew someone was sending me Oregon sours with the Commons included...

Lol, totally. I can't complain though, I got that Westbrook Gose which was on my want list and a couple of Jester King beers. It's funny how much I forget that there is great beer close to me and seek out beers from other parts of the country.

Lol, totally. I can't complain though, I got that Westbrook Gose which was on my want list and a couple of Jester King beers. It's funny how much I forget that there is great beer close to me and seek out beers from other parts of the country.

I got some Westbrook Gose as an extra in a recent trade. That's some tasty stuff!

I think doing this once every two months or so would be prime. Gives people time to restock as sours are usually expensive. I'd be in again next time for sure. Hell I'll probably be asking my sender to trade in the future!

They sold out Saturday :( I had a mule that was supposed to go Sunday. Batch 3 hopefully released next weekend. I got 2 bottles but drank one and the other is going in a LIF on ba.

I gotta try to get my paws on an AR. Everyone raves about it.

It's freaking sublime. I had it on draught the weekend it first dropped (September 14th) as I was there for the weekend. Jeff hooked me up with multiple glasses and I couldn't get enough of the stuff.

We popped open a blend one at our weekly bottle share yesterday as we watch football and bottle share every Sunday. It had faded a little bit but it was still an incredible beer. It's like crack for white people...

You are second on my list to try and get one for, hopefully next box I send you! I already promised my next bottle months ago.

Woo hoo. Can't wait. It''ll probably be a bit before i'm ready for swapping. Got a bunch lined up. But definitely always down for one with you.

Woo hoo. Can't wait. It''ll probably be a bit before i'm ready for swapping. Got a bunch lined up. But definitely always down for one with you.

I kind of like getting stuff together and just sending haha. It'll be a couple months before I get a box together worthy of responding to the bomb you sent. I'm thinking it will have a nice prairie presence. Might have to wait for my first crooked stave box.

Awesome. Two Hearted made out in a killer way. Wait a sec! Didn't he set this all up?

Hah, I thought someone would pull that crap. I actually spent way more time than I thought trying to figure out the order of who would ship where to make sure no one was shipping beer only 2 states away and trying to split up the east/west coasters and fit the mid-westerners in somewhere. Luck of the draw I should say. Plus I had brewbien as a recipient in a swap-o-rama so it worked out well (although he totally outdid himself and showed me up).

LOL, can't blame the guy. I would have done the same thing if I knew someone was sending me Oregon sours with the Commons included...

Truth be told, I've never heard of the commons before or any of these beers I got! I just saw everyone get so excited that I knew I was in for a treat. Last time I was in Portland I wasn't in to sours.

It's freaking sublime. I had it on draught the weekend it first dropped (September 14th) as I was there for the weekend. Jeff hooked me up with multiple glasses and I couldn't get enough of the stuff.

We popped open a blend one at our weekly bottle share yesterday as we watch football and bottle share every Sunday. It had faded a little bit but it was still an incredible beer. It's like crack for white people...

Agreed, I had AR blend 1 next to SC Blend love and the AR was crazy faded, just grabbed a blend 2 and I hope those berrys pop!

I've got two blend 1's left (I got 4 on the release day) and I have 2 blend 2's coming from trades hopefully by the end of this week. It's amazing how fast it dropped out. I wish I drank the blend 1's faster. I had no idea they would fade like that, especially with the concentration of raspberry they used. Maybe something to do with their late addition process causes it to be that volatile? Who knows? The blend 1 is still excellent but damn it is not as bright after almost 4 months for sure...

Back