Secret Santa Sour Swap

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
absoluthamm said:
Kenny, Cartman, Kyle and Stan should have someone to share beer with today. Hopefully nothing froze. Biggest thing that scares me about doing trades with low(er) alcohol beer in the winter.
Awesome haul from absoluthamm.

I've had none of these.

image-2311608916.jpg

Pipeworks Well Read Temptress
Pipeworks Flower child
New Holland Blue Sunday Sour - 2013

extras:
Surly Over rated IPA
Surly CynicAle
Great Lakes Brewing News (x2)

Thanks absoluthamm!

And now I get to unwrap this 21lb beast from a different trade :)

image-879234965.jpg

Yaaaaayyy!!! Thank you Abby! I was starting to wonder if this box had an end for a second.
IMG_20131211_185436_592.jpg
So we have:
Prairie Funky Galaxy
Prairie America
NoDa Tart Attack
Trinity Saison Man
Crooked Stave Vieille
Crooked Stave Surrette
Crooked Stave L'Brett D'Or
Homebrew Labeled BP
Homebrew Labeled Brett C
Homebrew Labeled Face Melt

Please tell me more about these home brews! So happy to see the crooked stave, I've never had any of Chads beers but have followed his work for some time. I can't wait to try them.

Glad they made it safely!! You gotta send some crooked stave if you're sending sour beers from Colorado. The trinity beer (saison man) is good too. Less hype, but still tasty.

The homebrews are:
Brett C: a lightweight 100% Brett c berliner weiss. Really clean except for some malt and tartness. Low abv, so pretty drinkable.

Face melt: I think this is a really sour beer. Lots of different bugs in there including from wyeast and (I think) Avery and jolly pumpkin. I think it is good in small doses, but I have gotten a lot of positive feedback on it.

BP: is a Baltic porter. It isn't sour, but it fit in the box. Chill this one really well. I think it is a little overcarbed. Enjoy!

Yaaaaayyy!!! Thank you Abby! I was starting to wonder if this box had an end for a second.
View attachment 165574
So we have:
Prairie Funky Galaxy
Prairie America
NoDa Tart Attack
Trinity Saison Man
Crooked Stave Vieille
Crooked Stave Surrette
Homebrew Labeled BP
Homebrew Labeled Brett C

Please tell me more about these home brews! So happy to see the crooked stave, I've never had any of Chads beers but have followed his work for some time. I can't wait to try them.

Glad you got hooked up! I can vouch the Prairie and Crooked Stave beers are fantastic. Cheers to whoever sent that box.

So we have:
Prairie Funky Galaxy
Prairie America
NoDa Tart Attack
Trinity Saison Man
Crooked Stave Vieille
Crooked Stave Surrette
Homebrew Labeled BP
Homebrew Labeled Brett C

That 'merica is no slouch either.

So we have:
Prairie Funky Galaxy
Prairie America
NoDa Tart Attack
Trinity Saison Man
Crooked Stave Vieille
Crooked Stave Surrette
Homebrew Labeled BP
Homebrew Labeled Brett C

Big fan of blizzards face melt...its sour. And delicious!

Awesome haul from absoluthamm.

I've had none of these.

View attachment 165573

Pipeworks Well Read Temptress
Pipeworks Flower child
New Holland Blue Sunday Sour - 2013

extras:
Surly Over rated IPA
Surly CynicAle
Great Lakes Brewing News (x2)

Thanks absoluthamm!

And now I get to unwrap this 21lb beast from a different trade :)

View attachment 165575
Glad it all made it safely. Almost sent goose island lolita, bought it but then saw that goose just opened up complete distribution to Colorado so I scraped that and got the other pipeworks.

Berliner's should be highly carbed, it is true to style. I love berliners, I can't wait to see home my homebrew version turns out.

My recipients package went from out for delivery for today to Incorrect Address....:(

I have contacted my recipient to see if i got something wrong on the address.

My recipients package went from out for delivery for today to Incorrect Address....:(

I have contacted my recipient to see if i got something wrong on the address.

No worries, just FedEx being stupid. Correct address, they are just asking for stuff they don't ask for on the other 5 packages a day we get sent there... I won't be in that office til tomorrow anyway, so today or tomorrow, either is fine for me ;)

Lol weird... nothing is frozen or broken!! God damn.. you know how to pack a box!! Holy cow what an awesome day!!! Thank you so much!!! I have never tried any of these brewerys. Im so happy. Much gratitude :):D :mug:

tripplehazzard said:
Lol weird... nothing is frozen or broken!! God damn.. you know how to pack a box!! Holy cow what an awesome day!!! Thank you so much!!! I have never tried any of these brewerys. Im so happy. Much gratitude :):D :mug:

Photos??

Awesome! I wasn't sure if you had access to Crooked Stave there but my bottle shop just recently got some so I had to include it.

I had to order the RR from another local shop and opted for shipping instead of transfer from their main store up North to make sure it got here in time to ship so that was the reason for the later shipment.

To tie it all back to HBT: Modern Times is the brewery that OldSock is working with, they recently opened in SD. The canned beers aren't sour but are awesome Hoppy Beers and figured those would do in place of other extras.

Happy that everything arrived in tact!

:tank:

Awesome! I wasn't sure if you had access to Crooked Stave there but my bottle shop just recently got some so I had to include it.

I had to order the RR from another local shop and opted for shipping instead of transfer from their main store up North to make sure it got here in time to ship so that was the reason for the later shipment.

To tie it all back to HBT: Modern Times is the brewery that OldSock is working with, they recently opened in SD. The canned beers aren't sour but are awesome Hoppy Beers and figured those would do in place of other extras.

Happy that everything arrived in tact!

:tank:

Ill be cracking one tonight. ...one of the moderns probably. You made my day. Its funny we got each other in the trade. We should trade more often :)

Ill be cracking one tonight. ...one of the moderns probably. You made my day. Its funny we got each other in the trade. We should trade more often :)

Yeah I was cracking up when I saw the name on the return label of my package.

I'm down to trade again down the line - but I was called out on my beer spending the other night so prob have to wait a couple months :mug:

Yeah I was cracking up when I saw the name on the return label of my package.

I'm down to trade again down the line - but I was called out on my beer spending the other night so prob have to wait a couple months :mug:

I understand that . Swmbo!! Lol. You do need to do a tutorial on here. How to pack a box! Ill be saving some of those for my birthday next week and sharing with my brew partner and co.

Someone has a box from Portland coming tomorrow. I was really worried about the freezing but sounds like most everyone's has been fine.

So happy it's here and all in one piece. Got a little idea possibly for future beer trades, use a coffee box to send it in. The FedEx guy said, "looks like it's just coffee, you must drink a lot!", if he only knew...

Got Full Sail Berliner Weiss
Crabtree BrewCo Apricot Cezanne Saison
Odell Friek(Love Odell, really excited about this)
Elevation BeerCo Engel Weisse
Crooked Stave Vieille(Hear about it, never had them though, pumped!)

I've not had any of these beers, just need to work on spacing them out ;) Thanks a lot Mike! Also, I'm kind of a sticker/coaster collector, so if you do get the chance to send those out, you wouldn't hear me complaining.

2013-12-13 13.02.33.jpg

2013-12-13 13.08.14.jpg

So happy it's here and all in one piece. Got a little idea possibly for future beer trades, use a coffee box to send it in. The FedEx guy said, "looks like it's just coffee, you must drink a lot!", if he only knew...

Got Full Sail Berliner Weiss
Crabtree BrewCo Apricot Cezanne Saison
Odell Friek(Love Odell, really excited about this)
Elevation BeerCo Engel Weisse
Crooked Stave Vieille(Hear about it, never had them though, pumped!)

I've not had any of these beers, just need to work on spacing them out ;) Thanks a lot Mike! Also, I'm kind of a sticker/coaster collector, so if you do get the chance to send those out, you wouldn't hear me complaining.
Glad they all got there in one piece. I actually haven't tried the Crabtree (i have one in my cellar), but the guy at the bottle shop said it was good stuff. let me know what you think.

I will grab stickers and coasters next time i'm at Crooked Stave.

Glad they all got there in one piece. I actually haven't tried the Crabtree (i have one in my cellar), but the guy at the bottle shop said it was good stuff. let me know what you think.

I will grab stickers and coasters next time i'm at Crooked Stave.

Will do. I kind of a cellar whore with beers that change with age, so who knows who will get to it first ;)

I love the branding of Modern Times, so clean and recognizable. I have only known of them for a month and I can always recognize their cans, may have to put some on my wants list.

great design and I love how much info they disclose about each brew right on the can

I have pretty easy access to the 4 cans offered now:
http://moderntimesbeer.com/beer/year-round

If you want to do a trade at some point next year i'd be down

dang my box was supposed to land today, but there was a "delivery exception." Someone in Texas should have some Ohio beer tomorrow though.

dang my box was supposed to land today, but there was a "delivery exception." Someone in Texas should have some Ohio beer tomorrow though.

Got the same thing for my box with Fedex going to Ohio.

Delivery exception
********, OH
No attempt made, delivery scheduled for next business day

That's actually my fault and not FedEx's. After a box mysteriously disappeared from my front door I signed up for their delivery watch thing and have all incoming packages held at a nearby store. The neighbors aren't getting another once of my beer. So it should be dropped off there today and I will be heading over to pick it up the minute the email notification arrives - I'm excited.

That's actually my fault and not FedEx's. After a box mysteriously disappeared from my front door I signed up for their delivery watch thing and have all incoming packages held at a nearby store. The neighbors aren't getting another once of my beer. So it should be dropped off there today and I will be heading over to pick it up the minute the email notification arrives - I'm excited.

Well, it now says it'll be there on Tuesday. At least the neighbors won't get it.

Back