Secondary, how long is too long?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MSKBeerfan

Reaction score
I transfered an IPA from my primary to a secondary 6 weeks ago... I had every intention of kegging it weeks ago, but due to travel and family, it just did not happen. It's in my basement at about 67 degrees.

My concern is several (3 or 4) small white circles of something is sitting on top of the beer... I am wondering if it's been sitting too long.

Any suggestions or help is appreciated.
Cheers,

Taste it, it should be fine. Go ahead and keg it. Secondary is for clarification so it should be in the secondary until it is clear.

I would add some dry hops before you bottle or add them to the keg if it has been sitting in secondary that long.

I would add some dry hops before you bottle or add them to the keg if it has been sitting in secondary that long.

Good news, I keg'd the beer last Sunday and tasted it last night, it seems to be just fine... I had fully intened to dry hop it but just did not seem to have the time. thanks for the help and suggestions!

Back