Scared my first homebrew is infected.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OMFG!!! THAT BEER LOOKS...... just fine.

Technically, your beer IS infected. By the yeast you put in it. That's what makes it look that way. Looks like pretty much every beer I've brewed right after the krausen has fallen.

Looks normal. Close the lid, and let it sit for a couple weeks! Then bottle it. A few more weeks after that, you can start to enjoy them!!!

thanks man, i was just worried because i got very little action after only 2 days on the airlock. My friend who i asked uses liquid yeast, so he wasnt too sure.

Actually, the airlock isn't a good way to judge fermentation. It's just a way to let the CO2 out and not let anything else in. HYDROMETER! That is the real way you want to check the fermentation process! But, I know how hard it is to pull yourself away from the bucket, and watch every bubble pass through that airlock! Paitence is the best thing you can learn with homebrew.

+1 on that. I don't get any bubbles in my airlock since my ale pail lid leaks just enough around the edge. I only use the airlock on it because... well... I wouldn't feel like I was brewing if I didn't. :D

+1 on that. I don't get any bubbles in my airlock since my ale pail lid leaks just enough around the edge. I only use the airlock on it because... well... I wouldn't feel like I was brewing if I didn't. :D

Well, that and if you didn't, it keeps a quick fermentation from staining your ceiling.:)

my exact words...
"So, uhh... do we still have the carpet cleaner in the garage?"
:D

Back