Saint Arnold Divine Reserve

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ryanh1801

Reaction score
Anyone get any, I was lucky enough to get my beer stores last two 6 packs, tonight. I would love to hear some thoughts on it, It might be a few days till a get to drink on some, since I am sick.

I got to try Kerry's original recipe that became DR7. :) I didn't like it enough to brew it, but it is a very nice weizenbock.

Unfortunately everybody sold out while I was in New York on vacation. :mad:

I was able to get a few six packs. I really liked it. That being said, I found it to be my least favorite out of the divine's (I've only had 5 and 6).

What it really makes me crave though is an UNFILTERED wheat from Saint Arnold's instead of Texas Wheat.

PS: I also am sick, but I couldn't resist cracking one open. You sir, have globs of self restraint.

dg

I managed to snag a case of it and it's a fine night cap beer. I'm a lover of German style wheat beers and this one is very tasty IMHO.

I'll let you know what I think about it. I haven't tried it yet, but I can't wait!

I thought it was pretty good (tried some on tap at work tonight :D), but I definitely liked #5, the Imperial Stout, the best so far. I missed #1 and #3 though.

Holy cow! I walked into the beer store today, and the heavens must have parted for me. There were three singles of Divine Reserve 7 on the shelf next to the other Saint Arnolds brews!!

Somebody must have found them hidden in a dark corner when stocking beers. There is no way they could have been out for more than a few minutes or they would have already been gone. It's my luckiest moment. EVER. :rockin:

I'm still trying to talk Kerry out of the recipe. So far no luck, I need to work on getting him drucker. :drunk: ;)

Heads up for anyone living in Southeast Houston or the Clear Lake area: Boondoggles Pub still has Divine Reserve #7 bottles available.

It's a nice brew, but not my favorite in the series.

BTW, there is still plenty of DR left in San Antonio. I've seen at least ~20 six packs sitting on HEB shelves lately. It's hard for many people to justify buying at $15/pack (myself included).

I got 7 in my fridge after drinking 5. I like it quite a bit for a weizenbock. I'm more interested in seeing how it ages though. It says on the bottle to keep refridgerated, do I really need to keep it on the fridge to age it?

I got 7 in my fridge after drinking 5. I like it quite a bit for a weizenbock. I'm more interested in seeing how it ages though. It says on the bottle to keep refridgerated, do I really need to keep it on the fridge to age it?

I would advise keeping it refrigerated since it's a wheat beer. They tend to go south fast.

The recipe for DR7 was featured in the last issue of Zymurgy, and according to Chris Colby, should be in one of the upcoming BYO mags as well. I forgot to post it, I'll post it when I eventually get back home, I'm away at the moment travelling. Having had both the DR7 and the original recipe I can say the original is better; they had to make a few changes for their brewhouse at St Arnolds.

Back