Is The Original Craft Beer Club slipping? What are good alternatives?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IrondaleBrewing

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Any other members of The Original Craft Beer Club on here? If so, how's your experience been the last few months?

I've been a member since 2019 and I'm not sure if they got bought or something, but I've had missed shipments, I've received the same beers 2-3 times in a row (at weird intervals), and most recently I got some repeat beers from a couple of years ago that from the looks of the dusty bottles might actually BE from a couple of years ago (unfortunately no best by dates on the bottles).

I mean apricot wheat in November? Come on. It used to be a good, seasonally appropriate variety but now it's super hit or miss. And while I definitely enjoy supporting independent breweries and trying things from across the country that I otherwise might not get to try, this particular beer club is becoming increasingly disappointing.

Anyone else have a craft beer club they like that they've had good experiences with? I think I'm ready for a change.

Thanks!

Back