Sad Friday

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pappers_

Moderator Emeritus
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
So, my life-partner/roommate decided that she would not be drinking during Lent. This has left me sad, because there is no point in going out to brewpubs together, which is one of my favorite things to do. So, I have been occasionally stopping by after work, but tonight, for example, our date night will not involve a tap room. I'm sure I'll have a beer at whatever restaurant we go to, but its not the same. Makes me generally cranky and whiny. Maybe I'll have to find us a brewpub where we can have dinner, too.

Baby-Crying-Sad-Face-Funny-Image.jpg

No worries, mate, I'll have an extra at the brewpub we're going to in your honor!

(Actually I don't think we're going anywhere. But if we were, my wife doesn't drink, usually, so we're in the same boat. It's never stopped me from having a good time.)

Lent ends on Easter, just 15 days from now. This is your opportunity to show how important your life partner is to you. After this weekend, like on Monday, tell her you will be giving up drinking until Easter, at that point you'll only have to quit for 12 days. Then plan some non drinking things to do.
This post is supposed to be somewhat sarcastic, but seriously, giving up drinking for a short period of time might be a good thing. Perhaps even ask her why giving up alcohol for lent was her choice? Maybe ask yourself what, and how big a role alcohol plays in your life?
The best part will be celebrating the end of Lent, you could treat yourself to a few pints at your favorite place.

Lent ends on Easter, just 15 days from now. This is your opportunity to show how important your life partner is to you. After this weekend, like on Monday, tell her you will be giving up drinking until Easter, at that point you'll only have to quit for 12 days. Then plan some non drinking things to do.
This post is supposed to be somewhat sarcastic, but seriously, giving up drinking for a short period of time might be a good thing. Perhaps even ask her why giving up alcohol for lent was her choice? Maybe ask yourself what, and how big a role alcohol plays in your life?
The best part will be celebrating the end of Lent, you could treat yourself to a few pints at your favorite place.

Small price to pay for growing together

My grandparents would fast whenever the other one had to get blood work. They also made each other violently angry. Such is the nature of the universe.

I don't... uh... what?!!! :ban:

200w-24.gif

Back