Room Temperature

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

C-Rider

HBT Supporter
Reaction score
"Love it" when you folks on the mainland talk about "room temperature" as if it is constant across the continent. Her in the islands in an UN-air-conditioned house it varies greatly from say 84 during the summer days to say 75-70 winter eves. If I lock up the house to go somewhere it can rise to 100 during a summer day.

I can't believe that "you all" have a constant temp from Maine to Calf, from Washingon to Fla, from Minnesota to Texas.

I know most if not all of you have some air conditioning and heating but what is ROOM TEMPERATURE in your home.

I think there is a generally accepted "normal" room temperature of around 70-75F. We fall in that range running heat in the winter at around 68-70 and AC in the summer at around 74-76.

I think there is a generally accepted "normal" room temperature of around 70-75F. We fall in that range running heat in the winter at around 68-70 and AC in the summer at around 74-76.

That's it exactly- room temperature isn't what my room is. It's a defined recognized temperature range. http://simple.wikipedia.org/wiki/Room_temperature

I don't think my house has ever been up to 71.6 degrees! At least, not unless it's August and we're having a heat wave.

That's it exactly- room temperature isn't what my room is. It's a defined recognized temperature range. http://simple.wikipedia.org/wiki/Room_temperature

I don't think my house has ever been up to 71.6 degrees! At least, not unless it's August and we're having a heat wave.

Interesting! See what I've learned here at HBT.

Can't imagine living at 71 during the day. Would need long sleeve shirt and long pants and socks after 46 years in Hawai`i. No wonder I'm always cold when I visit family/friends on the mainland. Brrrrrrrrrrrr and the houses seem to all closed up, no open windows, no fresh are blowing in from the sea! :=)

Interesting! See what I've learned here at HBT.

Can't imagine living at 71 during the day. Would need long sleeve shirt and long pants and socks after 46 years in Hawai`i. No wonder I'm always cold when I visit family/friends on the mainland. Brrrrrrrrrrrr and the houses seem to all closed up, no open windows, no fresh are blowing in from the sea! :=)

Wow. I wear shorts when it's 60 out.

I know a guy who only wore flipflops year round for a few years weather it was 80F or 10F

You could plan a trip to the mainland to do this : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polar_bear_plunge Here in WI it is done on New Years Day in Lake Michigan. The water is actually warmer than the air. I can remember some awfully cold New Years days in life...temps into the single digits and below. FWIW you would probably be the only Polar bear in HI...

You could plan a trip to the mainland to do this : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polar_bear_plunge Here in WI it is done on New Years Day in Lake Michigan. The water is actually warmer than the air. I can remember some awfully cold New Years days in life...temps into the single digits and below. FWIW you would probably be the only Polar bear in HI...

What, you trying to kill me :) Thanks but no thanks. I'll stay here and have a Home Brew thinking about them next New Years Day. :tank:

Here in LA (lower Alabama), it varies greatly. We have temps in the 30-40 range in the winter with very little humidity. But, summers we have temps in the 90's with 100% humidity. Inside temps run accordingly. I set my thermostat in the summer at 78. My a/c almost never stops running. Just makes days out fishing in the Gulf that much more enjoyable.

I live in Tucson AZ. Temperature swings from night to day AVERAGE about 30 degrees each day. Tonight it will be 40 degrees, tomorrow afternoon it will 70.

It is completely possible to be at 65 degrees in the morning and be at 110 degrees in the afternoon.

I keep my house set at 74 degrees, my wife hates it, but I cant take it any hotter. Temperatures in my closets, which are located on outside walls average around 80 degrees.:(

The only way to brew here is with a fermentation chamber.

(If I sound bitter about living in Arizona, it's because I live on the surface of the sun)

Latest posts

Back