Ritebrew

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Shipping: #1 as far as i am concerned. I have ordered 3 times, all three times under $10 for next day via speeded shipping without any damage to their box. Everything packed correctly, and my cats love the boxes.... it's nice being in their area. (chicagoland here)

I have weighed the first two times, and they were accurate. I always do the keep seperate on the grains and never an issue. all three orders have turned out great beer. I HIGHLY recommend the Two Track Dakota M3 malt, it's fantastic! Ice packs on liquid yeast, hops appear fresh, their easy way to order grain. .20 discount on orders of 10 Lbs or more counters their .10 mill charge.

I order from these guys when i am to lazy to get to my lhbs. it's nice having everything ready since I work late and cannot make it to my local in time and don't feel like spending time sat morning running to get stuff.

the ONLY place to buy brewing ingredients online for me.

Am thinking of ordering from them. Just a couple odd things. If I add any plastic carboy to my order it adds about $25 to the shipping, which is crazy as other places ship them free, this effectively doubles the cost, same with buckets. Also there is no phone number anywhere that I can find for them, on their site or even via google. Well everyone seems to like them, guess I just won't get carboys from them, lol.

. Also there is no phone number anywhere that I can find for them, on their site or even via google. Well everyone seems to like them, guess I just won't get carboys from them, lol.

I have had good luck contacting them through email. The guy was pretty prompt about replying and was generally helpful.

I order almost all of my beer making stuff from ritebrew and have had nothing but great experiences. Neil runs a top notch business. He responds to either emails or texts promptly. I hope they stay around for a long time. I know shipping a carboy requires a larger box which ups shipping costs. I live in Missouri and having a carboy shipped here is around $14.

My experience has been they have good pricing but shipping usually kills the deal.

Example:
  • Plastic Carboy - $23.99
  • Shipping - $26.82

My experience has been they have good pricing but shipping usually kills the deal.

Example:
  • Plastic Carboy - $23.99
  • Shipping - $26.82
IT all depends on where you are. IF I order something from a company in california I dont think shipping will be as cheap as a company in my own state. You MUST take that into consideration. Rite brew in my own opinion cant be beat. Orders always ship the same day if I get it in before 10 am. On my doorstep the following day at cheap shipping rates although that is using speedee delivery service. Very responsive company as well.

I've ordered from them before. Shipping was fast, good pricing on a lot of items. Carboys and Kegs are expensive to ship no matter where you buy. I buy carboys from my LHBS instead of ordering online.

If I add any plastic carboy to my order it adds about $25 to the shipping, which is crazy as other places ship them free, this effectively doubles the cost, same with buckets.
Not justifying the cost, however, shippers do add charges for what they deem an over size package. :) AIH has a "Great Lakes" rate of $5, but things like kegs and carboys are excluded from the deal.

Just want to give a shout out to Rite Brew. In case anyone didn't know they are in Wisconsin. Get your order in before noon and it will be shipped that day. What sold me was that I live in Iowa. I always use Speedee as the shipper and get next day delivery. Shipping is always around $10.00. Speedee is a upper midwest delivery service. They also have FedEx as a option.

Love their check grain selection for recipe builder. Prices are extremely reasonable.

Give them a try. Especially if you live in the midwest.

I’ve ordered from them many times and always impressed. Given that I’m in Nashville I have to watch the shipping as it can get high quick but when I can I but from them.

Have to agree. Ordered on Tuesday 10 am. At my door by 2 pm Wednesday. (Chicago suburb) Prices for ingredients are great, packaged well, and has some odd hops. Called once for a minor issue years ago. Great guy.

I placed an order with them at 10:15 and got an email saying it was shipped 30 minutes later. I'll report on the state of the order when it arrives.

This is my go to place to order everything from grains to wine kits and has been for several years. Their prices are great (reguar price on things like yeast and hops are often less than other sites sales prices). Neil is great to work with and responds to emails quickly. Just a great company.l

This place is ruining my relation ship with LHBS ;) . It is cheaper to have what I need shipped than the cost of gas to drive to my LHBS. I save 2 hour round trip too boot. If I am in the area I still try to give the business to my local guy cause a guy's gotta eat!

I just bought two high-end wine kits from Ritebrew. Cheap shipping ($8 each!) so I don't know how he does it, but I got it two days later via Fedex. The wine kits were a great price, too.

So I primarily go through Riebrew. The prices are hands down the best. Im in the Chicagoland area so shipping is 1-2 days.
I do want to say though I have had issues with a few of my orders. When I catch the error, I email and everything is rectified. The inaccuracies have never been too drastic so even if I time my deliver for a brew that weekend I can still move forward with the missed items.
Before my last order I had 3 issues... I was shorted 2 pounds of grains on an order. Because of that I always have my grains speterate now. I have had the wrong hops sent on another order and a wrong yeast on the final. With these last two errors, I was told to keep the wrong items they sent and new ones arrived a few days later. Fair trade off....
Unfortunately, my last order was short too. I ordered grain/yeast/hops for 3 different recipes. Within the order, I ordered 15 total pounds of oat malt but I only got 10. I found the error about a month later as I was weighing grains for the mash. By the time I realized it, I just accepted the loss and didn't call to correct the issue. If I did, I am sure they would have corrected it.
I will continue to use them, but I will need to be more quick when it comes to verifying my order. Errors are expected. Hell I make errors everyday... I should've weigh my grains on the day of delivery, for example. Ritebrew is so easy to work with and they have earned me as a customer for my primary brewing needs. They are that good.

Back