Quantcast

Ritebrew

HomeBrewTalk.com - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Community.

Help Support Homebrew Talk:

kristiismean

Reaction score
Shipping: #1 as far as i am concerned. I have ordered 3 times, all three times under $10 for next day via speeded shipping without any damage to their box. Everything packed correctly, and my cats love the boxes.... it's nice being in their area. (chicagoland here)

I have weighed the first two times, and they were accurate. I always do the keep seperate on the grains and never an issue. all three orders have turned out great beer. I HIGHLY recommend the Two Track Dakota M3 malt, it's fantastic! Ice packs on liquid yeast, hops appear fresh, their easy way to order grain. .20 discount on orders of 10 Lbs or more counters their .10 mill charge.

I order from these guys when i am to lazy to get to my lhbs. it's nice having everything ready since I work late and cannot make it to my local in time and don't feel like spending time sat morning running to get stuff.

the ONLY place to buy brewing ingredients online for me.

JulietKilo

Reaction score
Am thinking of ordering from them. Just a couple odd things. If I add any plastic carboy to my order it adds about $25 to the shipping, which is crazy as other places ship them free, this effectively doubles the cost, same with buckets. Also there is no phone number anywhere that I can find for them, on their site or even via google. Well everyone seems to like them, guess I just won't get carboys from them, lol.

szap

Reaction score
I order almost all of my beer making stuff from ritebrew and have had nothing but great experiences. Neil runs a top notch business. He responds to either emails or texts promptly. I hope they stay around for a long time. I know shipping a carboy requires a larger box which ups shipping costs. I live in Missouri and having a carboy shipped here is around $14.

KYBLUE

Reaction score
My experience has been they have good pricing but shipping usually kills the deal.

Example:
  • Plastic Carboy - $23.99
  • Shipping - $26.82

jimmykx250

Reaction score
My experience has been they have good pricing but shipping usually kills the deal.

Example:
  • Plastic Carboy - $23.99
  • Shipping - $26.82
IT all depends on where you are. IF I order something from a company in california I dont think shipping will be as cheap as a company in my own state. You MUST take that into consideration. Rite brew in my own opinion cant be beat. Orders always ship the same day if I get it in before 10 am. On my doorstep the following day at cheap shipping rates although that is using speedee delivery service. Very responsive company as well.

brew703

Reaction score
I've ordered from them before. Shipping was fast, good pricing on a lot of items. Carboys and Kegs are expensive to ship no matter where you buy. I buy carboys from my LHBS instead of ordering online.

Hoppy2bmerry

My hop trellis brings the boys to the yard.
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
If I add any plastic carboy to my order it adds about $25 to the shipping, which is crazy as other places ship them free, this effectively doubles the cost, same with buckets.
Not justifying the cost, however, shippers do add charges for what they deem an over size package. :) AIH has a "Great Lakes" rate of $5, but things like kegs and carboys are excluded from the deal.

tdiowa

Reaction score
Just want to give a shout out to Rite Brew. In case anyone didn't know they are in Wisconsin. Get your order in before noon and it will be shipped that day. What sold me was that I live in Iowa. I always use Speedee as the shipper and get next day delivery. Shipping is always around $10.00. Speedee is a upper midwest delivery service. They also have FedEx as a option.

Love their check grain selection for recipe builder. Prices are extremely reasonable.

Give them a try. Especially if you live in the midwest.

jready

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
I’ve ordered from them many times and always impressed. Given that I’m in Nashville I have to watch the shipping as it can get high quick but when I can I but from them.

BrewAgain

Reaction score
Have to agree. Ordered on Tuesday 10 am. At my door by 2 pm Wednesday. (Chicago suburb) Prices for ingredients are great, packaged well, and has some odd hops. Called once for a minor issue years ago. Great guy.