Ridiculous weather

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nate

Reaction score
105 F so far today (Weatherbug)... stupid hot. Tried to convince myself it wasn't that hot and went for a 20 mile bike ride at 1 in the afternoon. So much for wisdom coming with age. Absolutely forget about brewing any beer.

Yeah, I'd like to get my keezer full before we get the dog days of July and August here. A couple more 10 gallon batches and I'll be golden. Then again, when the brewhaus is finished it won't matter with a 10K btu AC unit.

Hot here too. I finished brewing before it broke 90 today. I would like to get 2-3 more batches in before it get much worse. I will probably take most of July and August off too.

hot and humid doesn't even come close to wiping the sweat from my butt crack... it was 93F today with enough humidity to make it feel like it was 100+F

i'll pass on any outdoor activity tomorrow, I hear it's supposed to be 10X's worse.

Meh, more rain this morning equalled more water in the basement. Me and the wet dry vac are dating. At least it sucks really well.

Ize

They say it' not the heat, it's the humidity, but I think the heat has a lot to do with it.

To quote Lewis Black, I should have put deodorant on my balls!

Mid 90s with lots of humidity here. And to think it was in the 50s yesterday!

Well, the longest day of the year is less than 2 weeks away. Summer is finally here after a pretty cool May.

it's actually pretty hot out here on the west coast, too, at least in comparison to the last couple of days. ****ty part is i was working and sweating all day so i couldn't enjoy a nice, cold peasant beer in the sun :(

Well it's morning, the sun is shining and its starting to get warm already... It's already at 81 at my building, and the high is 104 by 2-3 this afternoon....

It another day in f*cking paradise....

85 and humid as ****, and it's not even 11:00. I know it's going to get worse this summer, but the body's just not acclimated. Putting the grill together yesterday on the hot, hot deck; not fun.

In AZ you always hear "but its a dry heat". well so is an oven, just ask the biscuits!

I never had an opinion on that phrase until I spent a June in Yuma. "Oven" is the only way to describe it. That being said, humid heat is just miserable. There's no break, even at night the humidity drives you crazy. Back to my dream of living in Colorado... where the woman flock like the salmon of Capistrano and the beer flows like wine!

85 and humid as ****, and it's not even 11:00. I know it's going to get worse this summer, but the body's just not acclimated. Putting the grill together yesterday on the hot, hot deck; not fun.

Yeah, try standing next to a flaming patio cooker and a boiling kettle full of wort. Hot as f*ck...since I woke up. By the time I mashed in my first batch at 6am, it was at 80F.

In AZ you always hear "but its a dry heat". well so is an oven, just ask the biscuits!

+1

New Mexico dry heat is great with the 40mph sand fill sustained wind. At least with some humidity the sand will drop from the air.

I had to play Red Cross yesterday and rescue my friends from flooded houses. i was beat by the end of all of that hot weather!

It's been cool and rainy. I'm hoping it will dry out enough today that I can glue some mud boards to the deck.

We finally had a warm, sunny day and it is 36F this morning! More sunshine predicted, though. So, grow hops, grow!

It's absolutely pouring this afternoon, and we're hosting a party at 5:00 that's going to require LOTS of grilling. Wife didn't think to set a rain date. :(

It's 97 degrees and we finished half the roof of the brewhaus before I called it off. Too dang hot today to finish.

Spent the morning spraying blackberries, before it warmed up too much. Amazing how much cheaper sprays are if you buy at a farm store.

87F here with typical NJ humidity bringing the heat index to 92-93F. I thank the Lord for air conditioning every night before bed...:D

With our 32% humidity, it adds only 1 degree to our heat index. Whoo Hoo. 97 to 98, but I'm now enjoying air conditioned comfort of my home and after a few beers, it's time for a nap before heading back out to clean up and get ready for kegging 10 gallons of Wounded Knee IPA.

Back