Removing Corny Keg Pressure Release

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pegasusherd

Reaction score
I have a corny keg lid with pull-pin pressure release valve. I unscrewed the pin-spring assembly and removed; now I'm left with the screw-in valve port. Is there an easy way to remove this port itself (e.g. Does it unscrew)? Wanted to ask before I go breaking anything. Thank you.

Some lids have a domed valve that screws together like a weldless fitting. I'm also interested in what you're trying to do.

Okay, didn't realize the top portion may be welded in. Thanks. I'll spare you the story of what I'm trying to do :)

Some modified lids have had the valve removed and an airlock port installed so the keg can be used as a fermenter.

Some modified lids have had the valve removed and an airlock port installed so the keg can be used as a fermenter.

just remove "gas in" post and put in a plastic tubing (of appropriate size), it will do just fine.

just remove "gas in" post and put in a plastic tubing (of appropriate size), it will do just fine.

I also saw a modified lid on More Beer that had a ball lock gas post installed with a diffusion stone extending below into beer. Says will carb your beer in only a few hours, and more efficient use of gas than typical force carbing. Reviews are mixed mostly saying the lid is a very cheap quality.

Back