Corny keg pressure gauge

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oldschool

Reaction score
I’d like to somehow get a pressure gauge rigged up on a corny keg. I really only need it to live on the keg during filling or maybe storage.
I had in mind that I could thread a T fitting onto a 1/4 white ball lock connector, a pressure gauge, and some sort of a needle valve.

But I’m having trouble finding the right T which will fit the 1/4 flare, pressure gauge, an valve. A needle valve would be great.

Have any of you done this and do you have specific links to parts?

Thanks a lot!

1/4" fpt tee (which accepts spunding valve and gauge) with a 1/4" ffl to 1/4" mpt adapter for the QD. I'm pretty sure I found the tee and adapter at my local Ace Hardware. The gauge and valve were from Amazon.

1701829413468.png

btw, the spunding valve is pretty nearly crap. You'd do better picking one up from @Bobby_M at brewhardware.com, as he fits his with a lighter spring that brings back some adjustability at the low pressures we use these for...

Cheers!

1/4" fpt tee (which accepts spunding valve and gauge) with a 1/4" ffl to 1/4" mpt adapter for the QD. I'm pretty sure I found the tee and adapter at my local Ace Hardware. The gauge and valve were from Amazon.

View attachment 835820

btw, the spunding valve is pretty nearly crap. You'd do better picking one up from @Bobby_M at brewhardware.com, as he fits his with a lighter spring that brings back some adjustability at the low pressures we use these for...

Cheers!
This is what I’m looking for, thanks!
Not that it matters but I’m wanting one so that I can naturally carb a lager in my little fermenter and transfer it without degassing said holy grail of fermentation.

You really need to visit here more. There's all manner of wonderful things to learn that you absolutely , positively, *MUST* have.

Back