Remember this?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
FYI they have a new method of making these that requires NO royalties to be paid to the movie studios, so they can poke fun at NEW movies and not pay a dime.

The trick is they don't actually play the movie. They record their comments to MP3 and you sync that audio to the DVD that you already own!

It's called Rifftrax, and you can find them online at: RIFFTRAX. Also, some people have synced the movie and their audio themselves and uploaded the movies to the interwebs. Check your favorite unlegal internet source.

And lots of the old MST3K shows can be found on Netflix.
But its just not the same without their heads in the picture :)

But its just not the same without their heads in the picture :)

Well, you can always get these! Then your entire world can be a bad movie you make fun of.

mst3k-glasses-2.jpg

Rifftrax is hysterical. The worse the movie, the funnier the mocking, so of course I watched the Rifftrax to Twilight. I have not laughed that hard at a movie in years - it was the kind of laugh-so-hard-you-can't-breathe and maybe drool a little kind of laughter.

Rifftrax - because some movies deserve it.

Rifftrax is hysterical. The worse the movie, the funnier the mocking, so of course I watched the Rifftrax to Twilight. I have not laughed that hard at a movie in years - it was the kind of laugh-so-hard-you-can't-breathe and maybe drool a little kind of laughter.

my brother and i are routinely ousted from theatres. We went to return of the king with my nephew dressed as golum. They asked us to remove the rope leash around his neck. At star wars episode three- halfway through a girl sitting next to us loudly proclaimed- would you two shut the f*** up!!! Dead silence in the theatre- about 4 solid seconds of it, followed by my brother in a very loud whisper "i heard he becomes darth vader"

AW yeah! Banana seat! My friend had one. I was so jealous...

Not as jealous as I was of the kid down the road with a BMX, but still.

I remember when I taught myself how to ride. I'd go to the back of the garage and start pushing with my feet, and try to stay upright. Took a little bit, but I did it.

I remember going all over town. I don't know any parent today who would let a kid that age do that.

I despise your kind with the force of a thousand suns.

my brother and i are routinely ousted from theatres. We went to return of the king with my nephew dressed as golum. They asked us to remove the rope leash around his neck. At star wars episode three- halfway through a girl sitting next to us loudly proclaimed- would you two shut the f*** up!!! Dead silence in the theatre- about 4 solid seconds of it, followed by my brother in a very loud whisper "i heard he becomes darth vader"

In addition, Joel, Trace, Frank, Mary Jo and J. Elvis are doing Cinematic Titanic:

http://www.cinematictitanic.com/

At an old job, they had five garbage cans lined up (garbage, glass, plastic, etc.). There were only two of us who got the Bozo show thing with that.

Now that was an awesome show that I stumbled upon. What's interesting is that most people just didn't get the humor of it.

I guess that makes us a bit different, eh?

I'd love to see re-runs of this.

Nice! I always loved Crow...and honestly, any bad sci-fi / horror flick is open to commentary when viewing with friends.... MST3K was the instigator for us... a tradition we carry forth each Thanksgiving. Last year we watched Richard Crenna in 'The Evil '....

Horrible, horrible film... but funny with commentary. 'Orca' and 'The Nailgun Massacre ' are right up there too. :eek:

Nice! I'll check it out and give you our 'critique'. Always on the lookout for something new... :)

Dawnhulio, if that sort of thing is your bag, may I suggest:

Timerider: The Adventure of Lyle Swann

At one point, Swann realizes that he is his own great-great-grandfather.

The second worst movie I ever saw....And I knew the director and most of the production crew.
And what was the most repeated line in Timerider? "I thought you were dead...." That was like the joke they drove into the ground.

I went to visit a friend in Wisconsin last week and we drove down to Chippewa Falls to tour the Leinenkugal Brewery. This was sitting in the gift shop. The sign on it said it was a Mash Tun. I thought it was pretty cool looking.

IMG_2134.jpg

static said:
I went to visit a friend in Wisconsin last week and we drove down to Chippewa Falls to tour the Leinenkugal Brewery. This was sitting in the gift shop. The sign on it said it was a Mash Tun. I thought it was pretty cool looking.

It looks to me like a grant. Seems odd that a brewery gift shop would screw that up.

It looks to me like a grant. Seems odd that a brewery gift shop would screw that up.

I'm still kicking myself for not taking a picture of the little sign hanging on it. Maybe i missed something. I remember it saying something about it being used to sample wort.

I'm still kicking myself for not taking a picture of the little sign hanging on it. Maybe i missed something. I remember it saying something about it being used to sample wort.

I live about 3 miles from there, if I get time I will head over and take a look and get a pic of the sign if I can.

Loved that game.

Love this thread.

Does anyone else find it very ironic that this game was:

a) MJ's idea
b) Centered around rescuing children
c) All of the bad guys where white dudes (I am too, and I don't care about that, but given MJ's transformation later in life...)
d) Ridiculously fun despite everything

I have this game on my MAME cabinet and I love the hell out of it!

Back