Random Picture Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A few pics taken while driving around and checking fields this afternoon. These were taken from a field trail at the northwest corner of our farm, about 5 miles south of the Canadian border. There are no occupied dwellings within about 5 miles of this spot.
Looking north.
E7CE4A15-1148-4EDC-A7C1-D279CA4E761A.jpeg

South
5FC9B7C6-4033-4A49-B0C6-40CFCE7DF3A8.jpeg

East
532764EB-87FC-4519-9AEB-6B53C40BF064.jpeg

West
6B2FFED4-D10E-4EDB-8896-2A581F262CF7.jpeg

There’s a reason Montana is called “Big Sky Country”.

A few pics taken while driving around and checking fields this afternoon. These were taken from a field trail at the northwest corner of our farm, about 5 miles south of the Canadian border. There are no occupied dwellings within about 5 miles of this spot.
Looking north.
View attachment 743351
SouthView attachment 743352
East
View attachment 743353
West
View attachment 743354

The Who song "I Can See For Miles" comes to mind.

If I had this land I'd install several beverage antennas and a phased apex array antenna.

That's a whole lot of flat.
That said, I've seen at least that much flat in Nebraska...
The pics are deceiving. This area is more rolling than flat, but there are no prominent hills, so the horizon appears as a straight line, creating the illusion that the land is very flat.

Looking north.
View attachment 743351
SouthView attachment 743352
East
View attachment 743353
West
View attachment 743354

damn a pic like that, and i'm eating lentils not split peas :(

Not to make light of Amber Alerts-they’ve helped to locate huge numbers of missing/abducted kids. But, this one that just came out, begs the question: How long can the suspects remain at large in a vehicle matching that description?.
5B4BF6F8-8D5E-4180-B123-6011698558BC.jpeg

Not to make light of Amber Alerts-they’ve helped to locate huge numbers of missing/abducted kids. But, this one that just came out, begs the question: How long can the suspects remain at large in a vehicle matching that description?.
View attachment 744517

Montana is Big Sky Country. Lotta ground to search. ;)

Hope they find the kid.

Back