Random Picture Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was behind an Aston Martin SUV after dropping my son at school this week. I couldn't imagine who decides they want an Aston and goes in to the dealership and says "give me your heaviest and worst handling car please". Probably someone who like to yell at the TV about "virtue signaling" 😂
There is an even more important question, what convinced Aston Martin that there was enough of a market to milk that they would willingly violate their entire design history?

MG and EV is a combo I don’t think I want to get near!! I have a brother with a ‘72 MGB and it’s a trip.

EA4F8C4A-EE3C-4B87-B6E8-F6BC520C64CE.jpeg
A1F762BF-C47B-42C9-AD9B-67DC53E8E6E7.jpeg

Full disclosure, I have no intention of buying a new car any time soon, it would probably be an EV if it was.

Oh - don't get me wrong - I am not a fan of the actual MG-B.
One of my girlfriends had a '67, and I spent waaaay more time fixing that than my '67 GTO...

Cheers!

Ya know...honestly, my eyes aren't "eagle grade" these days and I gave up trying to figure out if there was a mutant hydra-headed trout in that pic or not.
So, yeah, if that was a "two-fer" that tops anything I've seen from the osprey around here...

Cheers!

Ya know...honestly, my eyes aren't "eagle grade" these days and I gave up trying to figure out if there was a mutant hydra-headed trout in that pic or not.
So, yeah, if that was a "two-fer" that tops anything I've seen from the osprey around here...

Cheers!
A baby shark with its catch. Do do dee do do :ghostly:

Silver?

Back in the early 70s I lived up in Western Washington on the Hoods Canal in a town called Lilliwaup (population <60 back then) and no matter the month there was always something to try to catch on a hook :) Still, sometimes we'd drag our boat down to Westport and the mouth of the mighty Columbia when the silvers were thick down there and even with six rods could limit-out in 20 minutes and be left putting back to our haul-out twiddling our thumbs the whole way :D

Cheers!

That is what we non-entomologists call a "Big Farkin' Bug!" :oops:
It does look stingy towards the back but munchy towards to the front?
Weird. Probably an "End Of Days" sign...

[edit] Check out "potato bug" aka "jerusalum cricket"...

1632357627581.png

Cheers!

Silver?

Back in the early 70s I lived up in Western Washington on the Hoods Canal in a town called Lilliwaup (population <60 back then) and no matter the month there was always something to try to catch on a hook :) Still, sometimes we'd drag our boat down to Westport and the mouth of the mighty Columbia when the silvers were thick down there and even with six rods could limit-out in 20 minutes and be left putting back to our haul-out twiddling our thumbs the whole way :D

Cheers!
My guess is a king, hard to tell in the pic but the gum line looks dark and zooming in there are spot on the lower part of tail.

What the hell is this? It's about 1 1/2 - 2 inches long.

View attachment 743260

My guess it is second 'instage' of some cool big insect. Some go though a larval for, the a second instage and then adult. Nice big predictor beetle, good for soil structure and eco balance.

Guess what I'm saying is try not to squish it just 'cause it is ugly. Definaly not a threat to mammals like us.

My guess it is second 'instage' of some cool big insect. Some go though a larval for, the a second instage and then adult. Nice big predictor beetle, good for soil structure and eco balance.

Guess what I'm saying is try not to squish it just 'cause it is ugly. Definaly not a threat to mammals like us.
Oh I definitely didn't squash it. I just can't recall ever seeing something like that before.

Latest posts

Back