Random Picture Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fibonacci

Fibonacci is what I was thinking. The relationship of fractal and fibonacci is above my pay grade.

Here's another picture:
humancannonball.JPG

Last edited:
Same. I usually snap a few anytime I do a fly by, but they’re rarely good enough to share.
What are you flying? I've got a bunch from my RV-12. Here's one just to keep the thread about pics. Taken from the southwest at about 4500'. This one would be better without the haze, and the splotch on my canopy.

1608181402867.png

Brew on :mug:

What are you flying? I've got a bunch from my RV-12. Here's one just to keep the thread about pics. Taken from the southwest at about 4500'. This one would be better without the haze, and the splotch on my canopy.

View attachment 710544

Brew on :mug:
Currently a 737 driver. Hoping to one day fly something a little more fun again. I miss GA flying. Would love to buy a Super Cub or AirCam or something to just loiter around low and slow in...someday.

Ah, well, define your "nicer". If looks anything like Nassau or Grand Bahamas or the USVI, you lost us right off.

We look for relative peace and solitude in warm, beautiful locales sporting world class beaches devoid of tourists, and with just a smattering of true locals.
And the opportunity to get in some flyfishing on occasion doesn't hurt.
That is packaged perfectly in the Bahamas "Out Islands" for us...

Cheers!

Ah, well, define your "nicer". If looks anything like Nassau or Grand Bahamas or the USVI, you lost us right off.

We look for relative peace and solitude in warm, beautiful locales sporting world class beaches devoid of tourists, and with just a smattering of true locals.
And the opportunity to get in some flyfishing on occasion doesn't hurt.
That is packaged perfectly in the Bahamas "Out Islands" for us...

Cheers!
Admittedly, most of my Bahamian experiences are Nassau or Freeport, so maybe I’m outta line.

Tortola, Nevis, Bonaire, and Anguilla are some of the quieter Caribbean Islands I’ve frequented...but, if you’re looking for off the beaten path, hard to beat Dominica.

We've have visited Tortola three times in the last twenty years, last time was 2016. It went downhill bigly when the cruise terminal was expanded - now the roads are overrun by buses and "taxis", the beaches are crowded (there aren't that many on Tortola to begin with) - and then it got totally smeared in 2017 by Irma. So many landmarks lost in that storm, and the last villa we rented on the ridge road above Road Town was taken right off its moorings, with only the pool left behind.

Only visited Anguilla by day boat from St John. Nice beaches, too many people :) Pretty sure Nevis and Bonaire would be the same.

So, yeah, find a 80~140 mile long Caribbean island that's hard to get to and has under 1000 native residents and that's where we'd be :)
We were supposed to go to Cat Island again last March...Second world at best, but we love it...

Cheers!

"The Big Chicken" Mayretta, GA

mayretta ga.jpg

(& YES, I know how it's actually spelled. I lived in Doraville for years)

now I'm xposting in "Must watch YT videos" thread

I’ve been to the Bahamas at least 100 times...aside from the weather, I’ve never understood the allure. So many warm weather destinations out there that are much nicer.
Bermuda so much better. I have been the Bahamas 5 or 6 times and always by sailboat. It is a great place to sail and the appeal for me is getting into some small cove and drop anchor for a few days. The yearly guys trip a couple years ago was spending almost two weeks sailing around the Berry Island chain and Bimini.

Back