Random Picture Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1608416031880.png

My daughter's "cat lamp"

Always watching, she says.

Lots of seasonal roads in the Greens and Whites, and police blotter entries to prove it ;)

View attachment 710892
I remember early in the GPS navigation days: I got routed onto a road that turned from paved to unpaved, and then kept getting narrower and narrower, up hill thru the woods. Plus there was 6" of snow on the ground. Had trouble getting out of there even with 4WD. Wish they had a sign like this back then.

Brew on :mug:

When a scheduling error won’t allow us to use the banquet hall in the fire station/ community center for CPR & AED recertification, a white sheet out of the ambulance attached to the side of our backup Engine in the truck bay, becomes our movie screen for the day. Firefighters are resourceful.;)
8FAA8FE9-853A-4DF5-BB6B-CC5FE2DEEF6E.jpeg

A ghost of Christmas past :eek: To think this was actually a thing at one time...

View attachment 710954
Ah yes, back when we used to eat asbestos, spray our houses and each other w chlordane and wash our produce in DDT before eating, men were men and birth defects were never mentioned.

and we walked to school in the snow
Barefoot
Uphill both ways

When a scheduling error won’t allow us to use the banquet hall in the fire station/ community center for CPR & AED recertification, a white sheet out of the ambulance attached to the side of our backup Engine in the truck bay, becomes our movie screen for the day. Firefighters are resourceful.;)
View attachment 710955
Looks like you had enough dummies to make it a mass casualty exercise as well.

Lots of seasonal roads in the Greens and Whites, and police blotter entries to prove it ;)

View attachment 710892

Reminds me of a time I took a class 2 strait job through smuggler's notch, up in VT. I'd been there before in light vehicles many times, so I figured I'd get though, and I did, of course, but you should have seen the looks .....of course once is iced over, ain't nothin drivin though there 'till thaw..

Dropped Vera off at the dealership this morning for a recall notice appointment & the ONLY reason why the dealer is because all the work, including checking the still under warranty battery is on Ford's dime.

Not at all happy with the service dept: in 2018 (edit: NOT last year) I had to bring my car to them 9 TIMES for problems, mostly under warranty, but also $2000 out of pocket.

I make a point to be super polite to them, but it's only covering the seething anger under the surface. & I'm sure it's completely obvious to them I am only being polite for the sake of being polite.

But how can you be angry at the dude in charge of your service being Abeer?

You can't be angry with Abeer

20201224_092204.jpg

Last edited:
Found On Road Dead,.. or Fix Or Repair Daily? Actually, my '92 F-800 always starts right up & never misses a beat.

Well. I only sold trucks up to 70 series, and they weren't Fords, but it was over 20 years ago. I didn't find it useful to actually disparage the competition at the time, but GrogNerd needed a grin. :)

Well. I only sold trucks up to 70 series, and they weren't Fords, but it was over 20 years ago. I didn't find it useful to actually disparage the competition at the time, but GrogNerd needed a grin. :)

I used a '66 C-60 dump as an every day local hauler up into the late '90s. 292 w 4 sp and split shift Spicer axle (which you kinda actually needed when loaded). Had a funky hydro boost, and even some 3 piece rims, had a great tare to gross ratio though. I know where it is sitting in woods, the guy I gave it to would be happy to give it back, I could get it going, and I even sometimes dream I'm driving it, but we all got to move on.

Dland: The first dump truck I ever drove was a used 5 and 4, shortly after I started in the car business. I was stopped by the owner of the dealership while pulling it into the service department, because he couldn't believe I was doing that. The used car manager had told me to do this to give me some grief, not realizing that I would or could actually do it. I eventually became Truck Manager, and the medium duty guy; the used car manager was gone before the year was out.

If you drove a split shift rear, you can drive anything. Think of all those softies that drove nine-speed, synchronized transmissions. :D

Last edited:
[...]If you drove a split shift rear, you can drive anything.[...]

There may be some truth to that. I learned how to drive big stuff at the age of 15 starting with an aged horse hauler rig sporting a two speed rear axle. I really over-used that red knob because I just loved shifting a big ass manual tranny and the knob doubled the opportunities :D

Cheers!

Back