Quantcast

Random Picture Thread

HomeBrewTalk.com - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Community.

Help Support Homebrew Talk:

doug293cz

BIABer, Beer Math Nerd, ePanel Designer, Pilot
Staff member
Mod
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Same. I usually snap a few anytime I do a fly by, but they’re rarely good enough to share.
What are you flying? I've got a bunch from my RV-12. Here's one just to keep the thread about pics. Taken from the southwest at about 4500'. This one would be better without the haze, and the splotch on my canopy.

1608181402867.png

Brew on :mug:

Ogilthorpe2

The man in the black pajamas
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
What are you flying? I've got a bunch from my RV-12. Here's one just to keep the thread about pics. Taken from the southwest at about 4500'. This one would be better without the haze, and the splotch on my canopy.

View attachment 710544

Brew on :mug:
Currently a 737 driver. Hoping to one day fly something a little more fun again. I miss GA flying. Would love to buy a Super Cub or AirCam or something to just loiter around low and slow in...someday.

day_trippr

"Now brewing exclusively with Hydrohydroxic Acid"
Reaction score
Ah, well, define your "nicer". If looks anything like Nassau or Grand Bahamas or the USVI, you lost us right off.

We look for relative peace and solitude in warm, beautiful locales sporting world class beaches devoid of tourists, and with just a smattering of true locals.
And the opportunity to get in some flyfishing on occasion doesn't hurt.
That is packaged perfectly in the Bahamas "Out Islands" for us...

Cheers!

Ogilthorpe2

The man in the black pajamas
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Ah, well, define your "nicer". If looks anything like Nassau or Grand Bahamas or the USVI, you lost us right off.

We look for relative peace and solitude in warm, beautiful locales sporting world class beaches devoid of tourists, and with just a smattering of true locals.
And the opportunity to get in some flyfishing on occasion doesn't hurt.
That is packaged perfectly in the Bahamas "Out Islands" for us...

Cheers!
Admittedly, most of my Bahamian experiences are Nassau or Freeport, so maybe I’m outta line.

Tortola, Nevis, Bonaire, and Anguilla are some of the quieter Caribbean Islands I’ve frequented...but, if you’re looking for off the beaten path, hard to beat Dominica.

day_trippr

Reaction score
We've have visited Tortola three times in the last twenty years, last time was 2016. It went downhill bigly when the cruise terminal was expanded - now the roads are overrun by buses and "taxis", the beaches are crowded (there aren't that many on Tortola to begin with) - and then it got totally smeared in 2017 by Irma. So many landmarks lost in that storm, and the last villa we rented on the ridge road above Road Town was taken right off its moorings, with only the pool left behind.

Only visited Anguilla by day boat from St John. Nice beaches, too many people :) Pretty sure Nevis and Bonaire would be the same.

So, yeah, find a 80~140 mile long Caribbean island that's hard to get to and has under 1000 native residents and that's where we'd be :)
We were supposed to go to Cat Island again last March...Second world at best, but we love it...

Cheers!

Toy4Rick

Reaction score
I've been following this nest for 3 years now.

First egg laid yesterday at 5:00PM, time to catch a little shut-eye

Attachments

Snuffy

Airlock Sniffer
Reaction score

Toy4Rick

Reaction score
That is amazing
Harriet should lay another egg today/tomorrow. You think it's amazing now, wait for the babies to be born and watch them grow up for the next several months. They have a chat session that you can join, they do lots with schools... Read the whole back story, it's all totally amazing

GrogNerd

mean old man
Reaction score
"The Big Chicken" Mayretta, GA

mayretta ga.jpg

(& YES, I know how it's actually spelled. I lived in Doraville for years)

now I'm xposting in "Must watch YT videos" thread

Sailingeric

Beer. Now there's a temporary solution
Reaction score
I’ve been to the Bahamas at least 100 times...aside from the weather, I’ve never understood the allure. So many warm weather destinations out there that are much nicer.
Bermuda so much better. I have been the Bahamas 5 or 6 times and always by sailboat. It is a great place to sail and the appeal for me is getting into some small cove and drop anchor for a few days. The yearly guys trip a couple years ago was spending almost two weeks sailing around the Berry Island chain and Bimini.

day_trippr

Reaction score
Bermuda is ok for a weekend. Waaay overrun by a few orders of magnitude for anything longer than that.
Doesn't the notion of having a world class white sand beach all to yourself for a whole day appeal?

1608326960361.png

Cheers!