Random Picture Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
starship.JPG

It’s been a tradition that ever since we’ve been together I get the Mrs a Christmas ornament. She looks forward to it every year. And it can’t be something normal from a store. I always have to get something good for her.
This year I was torn between the grinch that jcav posted. But I went with this one.
546F0AA4-A197-45B1-AB87-4E0C2B8A074D.jpeg

I figured the hand sanitizer and toilet paper put it over the top.

My son was going out to feed his cows a few days ago and took a pic of one of our 50+ year old John Deeres just before the sun came up. He posted it on a FB group for 20 series JD tractor fans/owners and the admins liked it enough to make it this week’s cover photo.
803BDC75-A8E2-4A10-9DDE-4D9ECB9218E4.png

Good luck. I've had wells drilled at two houses and it's always a bit of tight-sphincter time :)
Was lucky (hella lucky on our primary house) both times...

Cheers!

Thanks for the concern, my guess was stressful because well might or not work? My stress reaction tends toward drinking more homebrew, rather than any tightening, but we all deal w isht in different ways....

Here, they go 10 or 20 ft below sea level, there is water. The quality does vary from place to place, but there is only one aquifer. This well is about 120ft. Where I am the water should be reasonably good, this is not near any of the known contamination zones. My old well is on the other end of property, right on a main road. It is about 55 years old and has an steel casing, works but rusty and near the end. Water in that is pretty good except for the rust, rust bacteria, and is pulling sand a little.

Last edited:
"Lighting of the Vines" @ 530pm every day during the holidays at Bluemont Winery, Bluemont, VA

Nice view of the valley & I believe that glow on the horizon is Poolesville, VA.

The BigHair thought they were going to light them on fire. "No, Sweetie... that would be called 'Torching of the Vines'!"

20201212_230548.jpg

"Women jumps into ocean to save a beer Keg." - She's a "Keeper"!!! Carrying two of them, if full... 😍

I was going to quickly say they'd sink if full, but:
seawater has higher SG, so 1.010 FG beer, some floatation from headspace if not completely full, tare weight of keg, would all factor in. That's more of a high school physics problem than I feel like thinking about just now.

I used to live in Girdwood, Alaska and worked at the beer garden during the annual 4th of July'ish "Forest Fair." The beer garden was on a small island or sand or gravel bar in the middle of glacier fed streams. To keep the kegs cold, we just put some chain link fencing across part of the stream and sat the full kegs in the stream (upstream from the fencing off course). Kept the kegs ice cold until we tapped them. And the point of the story is that full kegs do sink in my experience -- at least in fresh water.

girdwood.jpg

Back