Random Picture Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Most of the peppers themselves are probably going into fermented sauce. The question is if/how I try to over-winter the plants.
I think my options are:
1. Tent them
2. Bring indoors. I already have a sun-lamp for our budgies but there isn't much more room in that corner.
3. Start fresh in March

Edit: Didn't mean to go OT - I could have swore this was the tomato/pepper thread!

Last edited:
Do you think it actually makes sense to try to get another season out of pepper plants?
Never occurred to me. We always plant fresh plants obtained from some farming friends in town...

Cheers!

[edit/ps] This is under the DRMM. The only protocol here is do not taunt the moderators :D

Last edited:
So my pipeline bandwidth just got halved...by a turkey!

half-pipeline.jpg

"The ignominy!"

Cheers! :D

Freeze 'em! The Spousal Unit put up a crapton of sweet greens and reds, and a bunch of cubanelles, bananas and poblanos (we stopped with the jalas and habs 'cuz she just can't take their heat ;)) She's pretty much filled what space was left in my hop freezer...

Cheers!

So I guess your next brew will involve sweet peppers. Who's got some recipe suggestions?

I think if I was going to use any of our peppers it'd have to be the poblanos as prying the others away from The Spousal Unit might have undesirable consequences ;)

Cheers!

Most of the peppers themselves are probably going into fermented sauce. The question is if/how I try to over-winter the plants.
I think my options are:
1. Tent them
2. Bring indoors. I already have a sun-lamp for our budgies but there isn't much more room in that corner.
3. Start fresh in March

Edit: Didn't mean to go OT - I could have swore this was the tomato/pepper thread!
used to cut mine back, winter in cool dark place and then put out in spring for a second year

why would you want to?

the cost/benefit entertainment value of jump-starting them is not worth the annoyance of their being conscious
So you really are a mean old man? Well, two of my grandchildren sometimes call me Grumpy.

Last edited:
If you happen to hear about this collaboration, one of my DILs happens to be The Queen Of Oreos at Mondolez International, and this is one of her many Oreo projects...

1607143688877.png

Tbh, I'm more of the Dark Chocolate or Chocolate Marshmallow type, but those do look Christmassy :)

Cheers!

Back