Quantcast

Random Picture Thread

HomeBrewTalk.com - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Community.

Help Support Homebrew Talk:

bleme

Reaction score
After 40 days of 12 hour shifts, this baby is ready to fly again, scheduled departure tomorrow at 11AM. I'm scheduled for a flight back to the states on the 11th.
Is that the next available flight or are you just enjoying some Bucharest downtime?

Dave Sarber

Unindicted Co-conspirator
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Is that the next available flight or are you just enjoying some Bucharest downtime?
No, just killing a mountain of paperwork, and prepping our toolkit for shipment home.
Unfortunately, I'll only be home for 4 or 5 days, then off to Mozambique for about 2 months of fun in the sun, then scheduled for about 3 months in Australia.
Maybe I'll be back in time to enjoy my 65th birthday, and a little downtime.

Reaction score
No, just killing a mountain of paperwork, and prepping our toolkit for shipment home.
Unfortunately, I'll only be home for 4 or 5 days, then off to Mozambique for about 2 months of fun in the sun, then scheduled for about 3 months in Australia.
Maybe I'll be back in time to enjoy my 65th birthday, and a little downtime.
Dave you are one of my hard working heroes and my hat is off to you. The first and all the beers are on me if we ever meet.

GrogNerd

mean old man
Reaction score
interesting phenomenon in the southwest of Virginia. if you're driving I81 South from Roanoke, VA past Claytor Lake, you will come to the junction of I77

by staying on I81 SOUTH, you will also be travelling on I77 NORTH

while the geographic direction you are going is actually WEST (compass in lower right)

77 north 81 south.jpg

doug293cz

BIABer, Beer Math Nerd, ePanel Designer, Pilot
Staff member
Mod
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
interesting phenomenon in the southwest of Virginia. if you're driving I81 South from Roanoke, VA past Claytor Lake, you will come to the junction of I77

by staying on I81 SOUTH, you will also be travelling on I77 NORTH

while the geographic direction you are going is actually WEST (compass in lower right)

View attachment 706049
That stretch of road has a serious identity crisis.

Brew on :mug:

Dave Sarber

Unindicted Co-conspirator
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
So, last night in Romania. Had to try the local hooch, called Tuica. It is a twice distilled plum brandy, commercial samples range up to 130 proof, but the local home brews go a bit higher, probably in the 150 range. Surprisingly, it doesn't come off as rocket fuel, actually fairly tasty. Traditionally distilled in a copper pot still at a very slow boil, then aged in mulberry barrels for 3-6 months. I'm hooked! Very much like VSOP brandy, but don't breathe out thru your nose! Sorry, no pics, we were naked.

Reaction score
So, last night in Romania. Had to try the local hooch, called Tuica. It is a twice distilled plum brandy, commercial samples range up to 130 proof, but the local home brews go a bit higher, probably in the 150 range. Surprisingly, it doesn't come off as rocket fuel, actually fairly tasty.
I've had a similar drink in Hungary and Romania called palinka. Often served in an old 2 litre soda bottle.