Random Picture Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That sign is still there. The flagship KOA campground is just south of I-90, along the Yellowstone River. Twenty-Seventh Street, the main drag through downtown Billings, is directly opposite the campground on the north side of the Interstate.

Kampgrounds of America was founded in Billings almost 60 years ago and the corporate HQ has been there ever since. The company has about 600 franchises today. So, KOA is still kind of a big deal in the city.
I did not know that about KOA or that the camping was actual in Billing just thought the signs were at the same place. I made the trip a few time but never actually traveled into Billing I was always just looking to get from point A to B, takes a long time to get thru Montana the long direction.

Caught this on Reddit before my morning run.
CDB615B1-C2EF-4B13-988D-D9CA1D120D4F.jpeg

You could live anywhere from L.A. to the Bay and say that.
Seattle, Portland (OR) are the same. It's becoming an endemic problem in many big cities across the country.

And with that, we need to drop the discussion of homelessness in this thread. If you want to discuss this topic further, start a thread in the "Debate" forum.

doug293cz
HBT Moderator

Reminds me of a family trip from Los Angeles to Kalispell one September years ago. Temps were around 68-72 during the day, warm and pleasent. Went to bed in shorts and a tanktop and sheet because it was so warm. Woke up around 2am freezing my tail off. 23f inside the RV; 21f outside. Opened the door to grab a sleeping bag from a side bin in the pitch black. Heard bears all around the RV trying to get in trash cans. Closed the door, waited about 5 minutes before I decided I’d rather be ate than be cold.

When someone returns a borrowed circular saw and your first reaction is to check that they have all their fingers

View attachment 697759

I recently loaned a friend my table saw and a dado set, when it came back, the blade was installed backwards. Gotta wonder about some people's kids!

Fairly toasty up here in the NH White Mountains as well today. Short pants and shirt working on the house.

But that is gonna change bigly this weekend...

Cheers!

OH, forgot the thread I was in, back on topic. Today was reminiscent of 9 years ago Halloween wet snow, but without the accumulation or the power going out for two weeks.
1604090961918.png

Nah, the kid just knows what happens after the camera is put away...

Prolly saw it happen to siblings, or other kids in neighborhood....end of the road for most of them......

Right. He was promptly dispatched. The kids will just crank out another one in nine months. NBD.

Yeah, that's dark, dude ;)

ANYWAY, it was my bad to snap that pic just as the li'l guy set eyes on his maternal grandma stepping out of her car wearing a mask in public.
He actually enjoyed our walk and visiting some of the neighbors on the cul-de-sac.

I thought the outfit was crazy innovative...

Cheers!

Back