Random Picture Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
for all youz EE types

1601673978138.png

Out where it reads Amherst, we had a few blips, But I'm pretty sure as you head that far west, there are sign that read "Thar be dragons here.." You know, after the world falls off.

weather showed tornado (warning? it was a tornado icon) in Selkirk
That's very close to me. Couldn't watch the news, so don't know if there officially was, but we've been without power since 4pm yesterday. Outages all over the area. Especially sucks for us, as we have a well pump and grinder pump, so no electricity means no water.

That's very close to me. Couldn't watch the news, so don't know if there officially was, but we've been without power since 4pm yesterday. Outages all over the area. Especially sucks for us, as we have a well pump and grinder pump, so no electricity means no water.
I feel for you. Had a couple of outages this summer although our block had it easy. Towns further up the hill had outages for several days due to 25 mph winds. Hope you guys get power restored soon. I’ll take the occasional earthquake over tornado any day.

the aforementioned Mighty Battle Frigate™ USS Hawes (FFG-53) floating down the Delaware River from Philly Naval Yards to the scrap heap

my home for 3 years, I'll think of her every time I shave

View attachment 701585

I hope they have the foresight to preserve some ships of this generation as museum ships. When I was a kid, the remaining WW2 ships seemed like yesterdays junk to some people, but now the the ones they saved are rare examples technologies that are pretty much lost, practically speaking, and fascinating, to me anyway.

I hope they have the foresight to preserve some ships of this generation as museum ships. When I was a kid, the remaining WW2 ships seemed like yesterdays junk to some people, but now the the ones they saved are rare examples technologies that are pretty much lost, practically speaking, and fascinating, to me anyway.
After a trip to Pearl Harbor and visiting the USS Bowfin, I agree. I’m not sure who was more excited, myself or my children. It was an incredible time capsule of my grandfathers era.

my annual warning about using a flame candle in your jack-o'-lantern

don't

edit: yes, I took this picture. back in the late 90s we were visiting my sister in NJ. Her condo building is to the right of this one, 50 feet away across a small parking lot. we came back from dinner to find her street blocked off & this building engulfed in flames. the lady who lived in the lower right condo had put a flame candle in her jack-o'-lantern & it got knocked over

again, DON'T USE A FLAME CANDLE

189.jpg

Last edited:
the aforementioned Mighty Battle Frigate™ USS Hawes (FFG-53) floating down the Delaware River from Philly Naval Yards to the scrap heap

my home for 3 years, I'll think of her every time I shave

View attachment 701585
Don’t know how your guys survived on deck during high seas while we replenish your stores or passed over your paycheck. wasn’t so worried about the big boy Destroyers 😉.
I was on AD41 for Ocean Venture "81" and United Effort-Teamwork "84". thank you for your service sir

& thank you for yours, my Blue Nose shipmate!

Don’t know how your guys survived on deck during high seas while we replenish your stores or passed over your paycheck. wasn’t so worried about the big boy Destroyers 😉.
I was on AD41 for Ocean Venture "81" and United Effort-Teamwork "84". thank you for your service sir

Back