Random Picture Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
70176238_2746089398735898_5217835148048859136_n.jpg

Using the meat sauce standard, I would hazard that they have 12% meat.
I think you are right! I was thinking that their label says "with meat & sauce", but the "2x" label says they are twice the "meat sauce standard", which is a little slight of hand I think. What they have written is technically true. They just don't make it obvious that they are barely meeting the regulation they actually fall under.

They were just pointing out that since their labeling says "with meat & sauce", that it's twice as much meat as products labeled "with meat sauce". Seems honest to me.
The ampersand makes all the difference apparently.

I think you are right! I was thinking that their label says "with meat & sauce", but the "2x" label says they are twice the "meat sauce standard", which is a little slight of hand I think. What they have written is technically true. They just don't make it obvious that they are barely meeting the regulation they actually fall under.

The label does say "meat and sauce," which is in fact double the "meat sauce" standard. You are correct, @bleme. Watch the card, not the hand, right? It's a bit like labeling bottled water as zero calorie, but at least the consumer can immediately recognize that as trivial. Although TBH on nights when bagged salad and frozen lasagna is all I have time to fix, I don't care.

things that make you go, 'hmmm....'

beerenergy.jpg

edit: it inspired me. being i refuse to be out done i just check my mash to make sure it was reading 6 at 200k ohms! :D (new topic for brew science, conductivity! seriously....isn't that why salt brings out flavor?)

Last edited:
IMG_20190916_23502295e09b237cbbee11.md.jpg

Found these from the chest freezer while looking for hops, no idea how long they've been there but I'd guess at least a week, as one might guess frozen solid. Cracked em and hung upside down on two pints, the resulting liquid that came out after a while tasted quite interestingand strong as heck :D

Yep, called eisbier!

walking the dog this morning, came across these patches of fur

me: Hey, Howdy... check out this fur
the Howdy, ignoring it: what fur?
me: because I thought you might want to... oh! I see what you did there!
the Howdy: you're not the only one with lame puns, Daddy

70063433_10220271946452546_712340946179588096_o.jpg

Back