Random Picture Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
36BF484F-4018-407A-9146-DF5D882D0931.jpeg

only 2 things wrong with my golf game...

my driving and my putting

but my chipping is top-notch

The golfing gods seem to always allow me two skills per round. If I’m driving and chipping well, I’ll shank every approach shot and a miss every 2’ put. If I’m making puts and my mid range is on, I’ll chunk or top every chip and there’s a good chance I will have to yell fore to someone two fairways over from the tee box before the round is over. The only consistent golf skill for me comes into play on the 19th!

I'm actually kidding. there is no aspect of my game which doesn't fall under "total suckage"

and I do count walking the course as part of my game

Golf, sounds like you are looking at it all wrong. Need to think like an accountant, what is you cost per stroke?

Let's say I pay $70 to play a top notch course and shoot a par, that's $0.97 per stroke, now if you are like me and shoot average 117, that's only $0.60 per stroke, much better value

you're right! 2 bits is a STEAL!

Golf, sounds like you are looking at it all wrong. Need to think like an accountant, what is you cost per stroke?

Let's say I pay $70 to play a top notch course and shoot a par, that's $0.97 per stroke, now if you are like me and shoot average 117, that's only $0.60 per stroke, much better value

On a completely different topic...I love Germany, used to go there on business a lot (Frankfort, Hamburg, Munchen, Stuttgart, Berlin - where the banks and universities were/are) and my favorite was the Munich area, especially at the end of summer, when field reps would take us corporate folk out on the town...

Oktoberfest-Munich.jpg

One of these days I'll go back as a tourist...

Cheers!

So this happened out on The Cape of Cod yesterday:

18745742-7488271-image-a-29_1569032404556.jpg

Confirmed Great White shark right behind the surfer. I'd have sharted myself :eek:

Always my worst fear when I used to surf!
Especially on breaks when I was the only one out there. [emoji33][emoji848][emoji482]

Always my worst fear when I used to surf!
Especially on breaks when I was the only one out there.

That surfer was all by himself playing in the blow-by from one of the tropical storms (Dorian or Humberto, dkw) and actually told a shore-side tv reporter later that he really doesn't like surfing by himself - because of the sharks.

I reckon he figures the odds of being chum go down with more bodies in the water. Not sure of that math ;)

Cheers!

On a completely different topic...I love Germany, used to go there on business a lot (Frankfort, Hamburg, Munchen, Stuttgart, Berlin - where the banks and universities were/are) and my favorite was the Munich area, especially at the end of summer, when field reps would take us corporate folk out on the town...

Oktoberfest-Munich.jpg

One of these days I'll go back as a tourist...

Cheers!

I love Germany. Lived there for 2 years in the 1980's as an enlisted Airman, lived off base. Have gone back twice since. It's my wife's favorite place to take a trip.

The beer is great, the food is fantastic, and almost every time I speak German the reply is in English. I think it's easier for everyone that way, lol.

and almost every time I speak German the reply is in English. I think it's easier for everyone that way, lol.

visited Malaga, Spain in 1993

me, to water vendor: Agua, por favor
water vendor: water? sure.
me:cuánto cuesta?
wv: sixty pesetas
me, handing money, taking water: muchas gracias
ww: you're welcome

I love Germany. Lived there for 2 years in the 1980's as an enlisted Airman, lived off base. Have gone back twice since. It's my wife's favorite place to take a trip.

The beer is great, the food is fantastic, and almost every time I speak German the reply is in English. I think it's easier for everyone that way, lol.
Screen-Shot-2016-02-01-at-4.54.10-PM.jpeg

i was thinking that burst carbing is a PITA....so i started looking into buying something like this for it....

fatjiggler.jpg

one of the old 1950's fat jigglers....

I worked at a pizza place back in the early 80s and we had a frozen yogurt machine.

IIRC, the night before we would fill a tank (& now I think about it, it may have actually been a corny) with the ingredients, hook it up to a nitrous tank and strap it into an automatic shaker. Laid on the ground and would shake the keg back and forth to mix the NO2 into solution

Similar to, but not exactly like this

http://homepage.eircom.net/~blackwhitebrewery/kegshaker.html
i was thinking that burst carbing is a PITA....so i started looking into buying something like this for it....

View attachment 645305

one of the old 1950's fat jigglers....

I just find it a little disturbing that someone Googled the words "fat shaker." And even more so the realization that you probably aren't alone.

i'm about 175lbs and 6'2"....i just was asking for a friend (my kegs! :D unfortantly i don't want to spend $200+ on them to get carbed quick)

edit: but damn, that's a good idea...i do have a bench grinder i picked up at a yard sale, to try and motorize my mill..didn't work out, but maybe i can use it as a quick carb keg shaker! THANKS!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back