Random Drunken Thoughts Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fought the urge...a little. Then totally caved. Yum! :D

20211125_224056.jpg

I'm not drunk but I'm on my first of a few pints tonight to celebrate the fact that today I got MY VERY OWN OFFICE for the first time in my 30+ years of office life. I will admit I don't have a door closing it off from my coworkers, but since we do have to communicate throughout the day it's not that big of a deal. I've got a huge heavy old desk, windows to the outside (yay let's look at dreary Western WA weather) and whatever I want to listen to music-wise; also a boss who is copacetic with downtime shenanigans as long as work gets done and nothing illegal is viewed. Y'all are going to be seeing a lot more of my rhetoric during the weekdays going forward....

Well, good on you, hope it works out. If I ever had to work in an office (other than my own), and things were not copacetic, I'd be out of there like a rat out of an aqueduct.

I'm not drunk but I'm on my first of a few pints tonight to celebrate the fact that today I got MY VERY OWN OFFICE for the first time in my 30+ years of office life. I will admit I don't have a door closing it off from my coworkers, but since we do have to communicate throughout the day it's not that big of a deal. I've got a huge heavy old desk, windows to the outside (yay let's look at dreary Western WA weather) and whatever I want to listen to music-wise; also a boss who is copacetic with downtime shenanigans as long as work gets done and nothing illegal is viewed. Y'all are going to be seeing a lot more of my rhetoric during the weekdays going forward....
Maybe you can put tape on the floor like Les Nessman did on WKRP in Cincinnati.

Or get a roll of yellow "Caution" tape & string that around your work station. If any one complains, remind them it is for their own safety.

I swear I heard the bathroom scale laughing maniacally at me in the middle of the night last night as I slept...

am i the only one that drinks all day, and has to worry about losing TOO MUCH weight or what? am i living in the movie thinner? lol :mug:

edit: i mean on october 7th, i was 178....and i've avged 2750 calories a day since then, which is a loss of a pound or so, i need more food because the scale sliped to 176....i need 2820 calories on avg! and don't want to lose more weight, and need the nutrition!!!

am i the only one that drinks all day, and has to worry about losing TOO MUCH weight or what? am i living in the movie thinner? lol :mug:

edit: i mean on october 7th, i was 178....and i've avged 2750 calories a day since then, which is a loss of a pound or so, i need more food because the scale sliped to 176....i need 2820 calories on avg! and don't want to lose more weight, and need the nutrition!!!
Brac sounds like you have been brewing the wrong beers. Maybe an nice rich Wee heavy should be on tap. LOL. :mug:

Brac sounds like you have been brewing the wrong beers. Maybe an nice rich Wee heavy should be on tap. LOL. :mug:

my gluco assisted brews are 8-9%ABV.....

I look at beer and gain a pound.

and strangley if i DON'T eat, i gain 5! :mug:

(on a side note, i ordered newyork steak today, i was delivered top round :( )

last night, I let the dog out back, left the downstairs outside door open so I could go back upstairs, do whatever I was doing & when she came back upstairs, I only closed the door to the basement

not very well, because a gust of wind pushed the door open. it sticks a little, makes a noise when you open it. (been that way for years. never fixed it, using it as a 'burglar alarm')

we were watching TV when we heard the door open, thinking someone broke in, so I went & grabbed the hatchet I keep by the front door & the BigHair grabbed...

a bottle of cough syrup. must have been the first thing within reach

we're still laughing about it this morning.

edit: she just messaged me: "Intruder! Stop! or I will get rid of that cough you have!"

Last edited:
& here comes the wet blanket, sober thought of the day:

sending out my Christmas cards (late), & have a question about sending a card to an uncle whose wife of almost 60 years passed away this year, & I'm worrying about sending a card full of Christmas cheer (have an abundance of those). it just seems inappropriate & I'm wondering if I should send a more somber card

I loved my Aunt & love my Uncle dearly, & my heart is breaking for him. I am definitely sending a card, just not sure if the happy holiday! cheerful card is the way to go.

I figured it best to ask you guys, a bunch of drunken amateur zymologists, what your thoughts are

sending out my Christmas cards (late), & have a question about sending a card to an uncle whose wife of almost 60 years passed away this year, & I'm worrying about sending a card full of Christmas cheer (have an abundance of those). it just seems inappropriate & I'm wondering if I should send a more somber card

I loved my Aunt & love my Uncle dearly, & my heart is breaking for him. I am definitely sending a card, just not sure if the happy holiday! cheerful card is the way to go.

I figured it best to ask you guys, a bunch of drunken amateur zymologists, what your thoughts are
Sorry for your loss Grog. Sympathy note better than Holiday card in my humble opinion.

I'd go with a nice picture card, maybe a real conifer tree, poinsettia, or similar, with or without snow or holiday trappings, and include a short note of condolence.

I never know how to deal with this sort of thing either, when it comes my way, I understand your concern.

welll i wanted to say nike pumps, but aprently that was reebok? and i'll just settle for belieiving WTAF is a new VTOL plane, instead of being embaressed i'd have to google it.....

:mug:

I'm fulling a promise here--posting while drinking. I got lucky and found this.
First thought: when rocket engines are built, they're by trial and error; there's no neat formula that entirely predicts success.
How's that for "random"?
Second: I got coc*-blocked today by an administrator on the UK sister site when some troll decided to spread his filth onto the normally pleasant site. They have a forum for non-beer talk. In any case, he kept getting the benefit of the doubt even though he was, virtually, attacking members at will and being allowed to do it. I picked up his vibe earlier on ( a la FOX NEWS poster). I posted a well-deserved scathing response to that dude but the admin deleted it.
That admin is a stand-up guy but I wasn't thrilled with him protecting someone who pollutes the social space and is allowed to do it based on kindness that should be reserved for upstanding members.
I'm not going to check for errors until tomorrow.

More? Sure.
If you're calling a beer "juicy" or "dank," you're either not interested in actual beer or you're cleaning process is shite.
I'm just trying to catch up.

Who, here, has four cats?
I do (we do). Little known fact: four is the cat limit in Detroit.
Honestly, more would be a disservice to the cats.

More? Sure.
If you're calling a beer "juicy" or "dank," you're either not interested in actual beer or you're cleaning process is shite.
I'm just trying to catch up.

hmm, i thought people would tell you to improve fermentation temp control? lol

and your upset you just had to do the worst thing on the internet, and get in a fight with this?

1639614553416.png

Last edited:
hmm, i thought people would tell you to improve fermentation temp control? lol

and your upset you just had to do the worst thing on the internet, and get in a fight with this?

View attachment 752340
"Blow it out your ear" comes to mind.
I've got some juicy, dank socks. I think tomorrow better be a laundry day.
That's spot on. Full disclosure: I haven't and won't try a beer that's foofy. I just will not. Kudos, it's more "laundry" than beer.

This site is liberating, in my opinion. The problem is that I can never find it when I'm drunk (too much sober skill needed).

I have some drunken thoughts,... but wondering,,,, if I have the same or similar thoughts around 70% of the time when I'm drunk...at some point in evening.,

Can they truly be classified as random,? and if they are not, perhaps not OK to post in this thread?

I have some drunken thoughts,... but wondering,,,, if I have the same or similar thoughts around 70% of the time when I'm drunk...at some point in evening.,

Can they truly be classified as random,? and if they are not, perhaps not OK to post in this thread?

dude if you're talking about wondering if you need to take a leak, now, or later.....i think this forum has an age limit of 21 years? 🤣 :mug:

Nah, nothing like that. No offense my fellow brewer, but we're probably not on the same plane at this point, mentally speaking.

Got to say though, impressed w myself this eavening, only had two mis spelled words in above sentance.

Back