Random Drunken Thoughts Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is why dogs fight. It's like that guy who calls everybody "guy" and eventually everyone of those "guys" punches him in the face cause they are sick to death of being called "guy."
Dogs fight because one of them has been obsessive with either "yo Dawg", or "What's up Dawg?"

here's a drunken, sober thought: If you make YouTube content, and the first words out of your mouth on the videos contain the words:

"hey"
"what's up"
or
"guys"

any combo of 2 of the 3 & I stop your video & never watch any of your content ever again.

if you have that boring & unoriginal of an introduction, then your content must be boring & unoriginal

& if you're recording yourself in your house: TIDY UP A BIT, willya? ya live like a pig

follow me to find out more reasons why your YT content is crap

have less than zero expertise in the subject matter, I just watch WAY TOO MUCH YouTube (worked from home for the past 18 years) & some stuff bugs me

I may start a new feature: **** that Bugs Grog™

is it weird, when you hear your beer fermenting casually thinking about how the cider acted up, and wouldn't stop bubbling for TWO WEEKS...just got slow but would never finish...

then you sternly wag your finger at it, with some choice threats, and all the sudden it's bubbling like a chain gun? all in real time...?

is it weird, when you hear your beer fermenting casually thinking about how the cider acted up, and wouldn't stop bubbling for TWO WEEKS...just got slow but would never finish...

then you sternly wag your finger at it, with some choice threats, and all the sudden it's bubbling like a chain gun? all in real time...?
Yes weird.... also you might be a sorcerer.

Yes weird.... also you might be a sorcerer.

i'm not sure if i'm sorcerer myself....i think they just like me talking smack about them? it is weird.... next time you brew a batch that's slugish, pour yourself a glass and give it a talking too....threaten General Mills or something if it ain't great!!! ;) :mug:

LOL

Almost got a little more insight into unlimited dimension theory in astrophysics;

Pretty sure there is zerk 90d offset fitting adapter in the top specialty tool drawer right next to the swollen glow plug extractor tool. But it was not there today despite 15 min search.

These are real tools by the way, not like blinker fluid dispensers or right handed smoke shifters.

Anyway, it is not there, and or in adjacent drawers in cabinet. This is leading me to believe that I have even been floating between alternate universes that vary so vaguely and boringly, that one wonders if the "higher power(s)" are trying to eff w me. Or is this happening to all of us, and only the astute occasionally notice...The spooky aspect is, that tool was there less than a week ago, so this shift likely recent.

Perhaps this fluidity is normal, and only some. oh ...never mind,

Have a better one...
It's a glitch in the matrix. LOL

does walmart give away their bottled water? it says on the back of this bottle "return the package for a replacement or money back"? but THAT'S ALL it says, not why i'd ever do that? sounds kinda like if i bring the bottle back they'll either give me my money back, or another bottle for no reason?

does walmart give away their bottled water? it says on the back of this bottle "return the package for a replacement or money back"?

Who do you think they are? Princess Auto, with the royal guarantee?

princess-auto.png

The only time I can navigate well enough to find this thread is when I'm sober so it looks like I won't be able to contribute.
I'll try again Friday.

i'll try to find some way of randomly reminding myself, to randomly remind you about 10pm MT on friday then...i expect you to be drunk, and prepared to think randomly!

As I sampled my late (and frankly unimpressive) Oktoberfest brew last night, I decided to quiz my children on their beer knowledge since I'm always talking about this stuff and would like for them to be well rounded and equipped in case they want to pursue these things when they're older. "What kind of flavors should I be looking for in a beer like this?" I asked. My oldest daughter (who is twelve) sheepishly raised her hand. "Pumpkin?," she offered.

I calmly set my glass down, walked to the front door, and opened it. "Get out," I said. After she walked out onto the porch, I shut the door behind her and explained calmly to my other children the policy in our home about pumpkins and beer. It's tough love, but they'll all thank me someday.

This is a completely true story. My daughter is a really good sport, and we all had a good laugh about it.

As I sampled my late (and frankly unimpressive) Oktoberfest brew last night, I decided to quiz my children on their beer knowledge since I'm always talking about this stuff and would like for them to be well rounded and equipped in case they want to pursue these things when they're older. "What kind of flavors should I be looking for in a beer like this?" I asked. My oldest daughter (who is twelve) sheepishly raised her hand. "Pumpkin?," she offered.

I calmly set my glass down, walked to the front door, and opened it. "Get out," I said. After she walked out onto the porch, I shut the door behind her and explained calmly to my other children the policy in our home about pumpkins and beer. It's tough love, but they'll all thank me someday.

This is a completely true story. My daughter is a really good sport, and we all had a good laugh about it.

all this talk of making beer with pumpkin, makes me want to actualy do it.....so to you if your brothers like corn flake beer, it's all right....but you'll kick your daughter out of the house if she wants pumpkin beer? lol ;)

:mug:

how many times do we have to go over this?

it's the spice, not the pumpkin

& I still have a few bottles of my 2013 pumpkin barleywine. meant to be an imperial ale, I got carried away with some DME after a non-calibrated hydrometer mislead me into believing I had undershot my OG

the last time I tried a bottle, last fall, the spice had completely disappeared & all that was left was a 'meh' strong ale

all this talk of making beer with pumpkin, makes me want to actualy do it.....so to you if your brothers like corn flake beer, it's all right....but you'll kick your daughter out of the house if she wants pumpkin beer? lol ;)

:mug:
I'm afraid you have a point.

how do you like his setup?
how do you like this style?
how do you like the way he brews
and the way he partigyles?

The wort, is hot tonight
whoooaa, so hot tonight
and it'll be beer tomorrow...

anyone think a little 6" rope led light going through a 2 liter bottle with grommet on the bottom, and a 1 litter bottle on the top would be a cool air lock? asking for a friend....

anyone think a little 6" rope led light going through a 2 liter bottle with grommet on the bottom, and a 1 litter bottle on the top would be a cool air lock? asking for a friend....
Sounds cool. If your "friend" ever makes one, take pictures of it.

Back