Random Drunken Thoughts Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Who puts a speed bump across a 35 mph speed limit road? And doesn't even put up proper warning signs?

On 124th Ave SE between SE 192nd St and SE 208th St, Kent, WA.

Brew on :mug:
I would assume those same lovely DOT folks that think a roundabout at every intersection is a good idea. Also widening Kent-Kangley for less than a 1/4 mile because we need MORE backup from everyone and their brother going to Home Depot on a Saturday morning.

Hello from Covington, land of roundabouts!!! (and thanks for the warning, I don't often go that route but I'll remember it for future reference)

Simple fact: Wether you are Cis or Trans, if you are a homebrewer trying to chill your beer while carbonated, you can all use the standard carbonation chart Diagon Alley.
:p

How do our dogs and cats refer to us?
1678239681870.png

Seems about right...:D

A wise man once told me:
If you understand why pizza is made round, packed in a square box, and eaten as a triangle, then you will understand women.
My girlfriend/Life Partner of 30 years would probably agree with that...She's always been more of a Panzarotti though. ;)

pizzas are eaten as circular sectors

maybe this explains your lack of understanding women?
Triangles typically being considered planar (flat), and having straight sides (avoiding discussion of spherical trigonometry), whilst circular sectors (again planar constructs) have curves, I see your point (points being equally drawn either planar or spherical trigonometry).

I would assume those same lovely DOT folks that think a roundabout at every intersection is a good idea. Also widening Kent-Kangley for less than a 1/4 mile because we need MORE backup from everyone and their brother going to Home Depot on a Saturday morning.

Hello from Covington, land of roundabouts!!! (and thanks for the warning, I don't often go that route but I'll remember it for future reference)
Whenever I encounter one of those, which are pretty rare around here, I can't help but drive all the way around it at least once.

i think i now know what makes a "no-kink" hose, a no-kink hose...after learning how to wind an extension cord here.... i think it's the stripe they have...

Not a random drunken thought, more of a I-just-took-two-hits-off-the-'special'-vape kinda thought. Fell off my bike on Saturday (beer was not involved, just an old lady brain that didn't think to lower the seat) and landed on my left front side; did something bad to a muscle or something as it's been spazzing out bad today. Yesterday was just achy. Today it feels like some kid with a butter knife is playing mumbledepeg on one spot on my side. So that's why the hits. Smells like a** and tastes like lysol smells, but it works. Now we're back to slightly achy. And very very focused. On what I don't know but I'm focused.

Fell over on my bike going about 1.03973 mph, cracked my “greater tuberosity” which is not what you mooks think it is, tore 3 of the 4 rotator cuff muscles and the bicep. Tried to do a Iron Cross with a fence as I fell, also not a euphemism, and surprise if all surprises, was unable to. Be careful on bikes after 60.

Not a random drunken thought, more of a I-just-took-two-hits-off-the-'special'-vape kinda thought. Fell off my bike on Saturday (beer was not involved, just an old lady brain that didn't think to lower the seat) and landed on my left front side; did something bad to a muscle or something as it's been spazzing out bad today. Yesterday was just achy. Today it feels like some kid with a butter knife is playing mumbledepeg on one spot on my side. So that's why the hits. Smells like a** and tastes like lysol smells, but it works. Now we're back to slightly achy. And very very focused. On what I don't know but I'm focused.

Fell over on my bike going about 1.03973 mph, cracked my “greater tuberosity” which is not what you mooks think it is, tore 3 of the 4 rotator cuff muscles and the bicep. Tried to do a Iron Cross with a fence as I fell, also not a euphemism, and surprise if all surprises, was unable to. Be careful on bikes after 60.
Hope you both recover quickly, and don't suffer too much.

Yes, the older we get, the more careful we have to be.

Yes, the older we get, the more careful we have to be.

Off topic, but are you in a brew club? I'm still deciding which one around here I might want to join. Have a couple of vague invites but dunno yet.

Off topic, but are you in a brew club? I'm still deciding which one around here I might want to join. Have a couple of vague invites but dunno yet.
Yes, the Impaling Alers. We meet on the third Friday of each month, a bit east of south Renton. I'll PM you deets.

I'm fine now thanks. Loved the US Healthcare System's requirement that I do 2wk physical therapy before MRI, which was ... un-fun, and they collectively gasped when the MRI showed a break that they'd been wrangling and thumb massaging for 2 weeks. Eejits. Had the rotator cuff repaired and I'm back to carrying 5gal buckets up and down basement stairs (you'd think as we age we'd wise up about putting brewing and fermenting near one another) and back on the bike, with a hella-annoying safety reminder system in place. Called "wife".

Back