Random Drunken Thoughts Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In the theme of drunkenness, grain mills, and ugly junk… what — if instead of a drill — a person went used bike and pedal power Flintsones style? Would make a nice yard sculpture!

If'n yer fixin to Rube Goldberg things that far, ya better figure out how to switch the belt from grain millin' over to the scientifically calibrated centrifugal BIAB Water-ectomy-izer; which, to the unaided eye, appears to be an old washing machine.

If'n yer fixin to Rube Goldberg things that far, ya better figure out how to switch the belt from grain millin' over to the scientifically calibrated centrifugal BIAB Water-ectomy-izer; which, to the unaided eye, appears to be an old washing machine.
Shush your mouth, don't be say'n those things where @bracconiere can hear ya. You will git his head a spin'in!! He'll be want'n one to match his dryer! (de-culmer) ;)
Cheers, :mug:
Joel B.

on this date in 1843, Charles Dickens self-published A Christmas Carol. In Prose. Being a Ghost Story of Christmas

overnight, charitable contributions soared

by Christmas Eve, all 6000 copies of the first edition were sold out. by the end of the next year, 12 additional editions had been sold out. The novella has never been out of publication

it has become one of the best-selling books of all time, forever changing the way we celebrate Christmas, reminding us of the joy to be found in friendship, kindness and generosity.

76717446_10221186426193968_6056663770153877504_n.jpg

Last edited:
Got Pandora going
Cleaning for holiday visitors
testing my witbeer which was **WAY** over-coriander-ed (harumph, I hate it when I change spice vendors)
And this comes up on my homepage news bits feed
1671466141717.png

No need to read.
The answer is a big hella-no.

a mesh netting fabric for your car interior is not such a good idea if your dog is prone to motion sickness

because Ford uses extremely effective Dog Vomit Trapping Technology™

gotta let that **** dry, vacuum it out. maybe. if Ford hasn't come up with some way for that not to work

I know you're talking about Wienerschnitzel, but I've never been to one

the only one I could have gone to was in Point Loma, CA. was just a short walk from both bases I was stationed on

but just a little more effort, right next door was Adalberto's & their carne asada burritos.

open 24/7, nothing was better for breakfast before class at 0530

why is a fast food joint named after what i think is german chicken fried steak, known for chili dogs?

Wienerschnitzel? or Adalberto's?

the entire first half of my 6 year enlistment was spent in Point Loma. RTC/NTC -> ASW -> SSC/NTC -> ASW

my Mom would joke "are they letting you cross the street (Harbor Drive) again?"

SO.
Hairs do not have nerves.
Fingernails do not have nerves.
Why the hell, with all creation at Her omnipotent disposal, did The Maker decide to put nerves into teeth?

Slightly related, pre root canal, thought:
You might think a grown a$$ man would know better than to bogart Skittles by the mouthful on 45 yr old amalgam fillings in molars. You might, but you'd be wrong.

Better off drinking your beer Mr balrog. Might not have much of a sweetooth when enjoying a few pints, least that's how it works for me.

For me it's wintergreen lifesavers. One of my front teeth got veneered a hundred years ago (because I bit my nails all the time, let this be a lesson to you kids), and those tasty minty things are gradually wearing the veneer away.

wait you're only a HALF century old! :mug:
Perhaps I exaggerated a bit in keeping with the comedic line of this forum. It was actually 35 years ago. So, close. Which was also when I got my three (that's all I had) wisdom teeth pulled. And discovered that percocet does NOT agree with me. :barf:

Grog’s Rules for Food™
#1 – NO FOOD in my food. which means leave out the BERRIES NUTS and TWIGS

#2 – tomatoes are the only fruit that should be cooked

#3 – it’s Carolina-style for pulled pork, Texas for brisket, Memphis for chicken and Kansas City for ribs

#4 – Ketchup is for potatoes, except for mashed or baked

#5 – do NOT get between the fat man and the buffet table. more of a safety tip than a rule

#6 – More than a few things are improved by adding generous portions of cheese.
bacon and crispy hashbrowns top the list

#7 – if you’re eating at a restaurant, you can complain about any problems with your food &/or service, but NEVER EVER send YOUR FOOD back to the kitchen

#8 – Arby’s sucks ***

#9 – no matter what you eat, you will die

#10 – no food in the bathroom. coffee is the ONLY exception

#11 - the restaurant where we eat is irrelevant, I will find something to eat there

#12 - worry about what's on your own plate, because IDGAF what it is. please return the courtesy

#13 - Pizza is NOT beach food. It is acceptable AT the beach, but not ON the beach.

#14 - it ain't a meal without some sort of cooked critter flesh involved

#15 - Chili with beans, except on chili dogs

Last edited by a moderator:
what's the opposite of a vurp?

Instead of burping up vomit, you go to wretch & nothing but air.

But not a dry heave, it's a legit burp

Gotta have a name. Bomit? Burmit?

when I have a good experience with a company's customer service operator, I like to tell the operator he or she should get a raise, & tell the boss I said so.

it gets a giggle, & hopefully is recorded for training & quality assurance purposes

I've never gotten that, which is probably why I hate working in customer service

doesn't help that I hate people. I'm a misanthrope cursed with this career.

when I have a good experience with a company's customer service operator, I like to tell the operator he or she should get a raise, & tell the boss I said so.

it gets a giggle, & hopefully is recorded for training & quality assurance purposes

I've never gotten that, which is probably why I hate working in customer service

doesn't help that I hate people. I'm a misanthrope cursed with this career.
If it helps: When I have utter desparate need enough to talk to 'customer service' I usually preface it with something like: "I know that you're not paid enough and are only employed as 'insulation' between the shareholders and the victims, experiencing consequences of their stupid policies and practices, but I need to express a vulgar and offensive reaction that those idiots need to hear."

I'd hang up, anyone said that to me.

"you can take it up with 2nd level support - the Boss Owner. it's just me & him. no shareholders. no victims."

damn, you know you're starting to age when someone is doing a youtube video quizing a gen z'er on movie quote they know....then they use the one put another shrimp on the barbie, instantly reconize it as "Dirty Rotten Scourndrels", but the people asking think it's dumb & dumber! 🤣

Back