Random Drunken Thoughts Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1661967977369.png

If only there was a way to know, right?
If only there was some, I don't know, agreed upon, respected, written down documentation of measuring diurnal transits of that big flaming ball of gas through the sky as our little rock spins through the vastness of space.

I don't believe in "time"

oh, yeah, sure... as a natural construct, the fourth dimension of what we call reality. a nonspatial continuum to separate non-simultaneous events occurring in the same space & marking the indefinite continued progress of existence

yes

but as a man-made construct, dividing up those separate events, not so much.

Yeah.
So.
This is what happens when a dorm fridge powered ferm chamber barely holds chamber to 10 degrees below ambient 70F. It is shuffling off this mortal coil, going to join the bleeding choir eternal, near bereft of frigidity, pushing up daisies degrees, and wouldn’t zoom if you put 4 million volts through it. Well, it might explode I suppose

Crud.

Attachments

• E1D4E38E-F55D-4B80-9F50-17B0E8D4BC77.jpeg
    E1D4E38E-F55D-4B80-9F50-17B0E8D4BC77.jpeg
    181 KB · Views: 0
got our Google minis to play "soothing sounds, rain" all night. our white noise to help us fall asleep

problem is, like now, I'm sitting at my desk & it's actually raining zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

Ok I'm sitting here drinking beer and giggling uncontrollably (yes I do that most of the time, but this one is special). I just counted FOUR zombie threads resurrected in the last day or two, like from 2009-2010. The sluggy one was particularly amusing. So I had an idea, that may/may not piss off some people; what if we all chose a super old thread, at random, and responded? Would be even funnier if the process/problem in question has fallen out of fashion/been completely disproved (secondary, hot-side aeration, etc). Like I said, this may piss off someone. Anyone?

Ok I'm sitting here drinking beer and giggling uncontrollably (yes I do that most of the time, but this one is special). I just counted FOUR zombie threads resurrected in the last day or two, like from 2009-2010. The sluggy one was particularly amusing. So I had an idea, that may/may not piss off some people; what if we all chose a super old thread, at random, and responded? Would be even funnier if the process/problem in question has fallen out of fashion/been completely disproved (secondary, hot-side aeration, etc). Like I said, this may piss off someone. Anyone?
maybe some things should stay thoughts

ANd then this happened (but had a happy ending surprisingly thanks to @IslandLizard and @BrewnWKopperKat )
https://www.homebrewtalk.com/threads/is-the-calcium-in-mash-water-lost.353514/post-9321672

Front door bell rings this morning.
After the obligatory "WTF?" thought I toddle along and open the door to a pair of smiling women dressed in fluffy floral prints right out of the mid-1800s.

The one in front: "I'd like to ask if you ever wonder if you could live forever".

To which I replied with a smile, "Done and done! Have a beautiful day!" while closing the door and going back to my office.
From there I can see a good ways down our street and I can see three other couples, some mixed, polling the neighborhood.

No idea who they were, didn't care. My time, my place, my rules.

Front door bell rings this morning.
After the obligatory "WTF?" thought I toddle along and open the door to a pair of smiling women dressed in fluffy floral prints right out of the mid-1800s.

The one in front: "I'd like to ask if you ever wonder if you could live forever".

To which I replied with a smile, "Done and done! Have a beautiful day!" while closing the door and going back to my office.
From there I can see a good ways down our street and I can see three other couples, some mixed, polling the neighborhood.

No idea who they were, didn't care. My time, my place, my rules.

FOREVER??!!

I don't have enough hops stockpiled for that.

Yet.

damn, i just wanted to post a post that simple had two words 'portion control'....and the damn, site told me i had to wait 4 seconds!!!!! S.O.B. 🤣

Day three, on a five day custom patio... going OK, but beat, getting a little old for this. Having yet another beer, maybe not best idea, but can't be helped.

Least I never had to where a tie like that poor fellow {;

Edit, I realize I spelled wear wrong,, in the context anyway, would feel pretty bad if I ever contributed to the illiteracy of human kind though my HBT posts.

Last edited:
"Ohh ... I wish I was a cassowary on the banks of the Timbuktu,... then I'd eat a missionary and his prayer and hymnbook too."

I never thought I'd say this...but I just did.

"Honey, did you turn the bluetooth off on the oven?"

Yes. My phone talks to my oven, and my fridge, and my dishwasher. I can sit out here in my comfortable chair, and monitor the temperature on my oven, start the dishwasher, and change the temperature on my house fridge, without moving a step. I can also sit out here and watch my husband scratch himself in the living room via the home security cameras. Or see the bratty neighbor kids in my driveway. No we're not rich (somewhat below well-off). I'm not bragging. Just realized why I'm overweight. And old. I was the youngest in my family, so I was the one who always had to get up and change the channel on the big huge console TV. Or go get Dad a beer (which he would usually share with me). I've been flipping my mother crap for a few years about the amount of fancy gadgets she has, and just realized lately that I have almost as many.

Back