Question for you All In One users...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JayZeus

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Do you end up with grain remnants in your boil? Does it cause a foam? (similar to when you add hops) Do you see stuff floating around during the boil?

I tried using a grain basket in my boil kettle instead of a mash tun and I am really disappointed with how much "stuff" got through despite all my vorlaufing.

I would love to hear from those of you with experience with this.

Thanks!

After I mash with my 35L Brewzilla I recirculate my wort through a nylon hop bag. I do that until it gets close to the boil then rinse the bag out out before using it for the boil hops. Removes nearly all particulates that would otherwise end up in the boil/fermenter. I haven't always done this and in the past I haven't noticed anything strikingly different about the end results. I do it more for peace of mind.

I use a brewzilla 35L and use the Malt pipe with no bag. I rarely get any grain in my boil, and if so, it is my fault because I got careless adding the grain and got some outside the malt pipe that fell into the wort...

I have a Brewster Beacon & don't have any problems. I let the wort recirculate for a few minutes before carefully seating the top plate on top of the grains, this allows any stray/small bits to be filtered back on top before putting the top plate in position.

Latest posts

Back