Question concerning this...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DudeBrew

Reaction score
This is a picture of our beer after two weeks in secondary fermentation. I don't think it's much to worry about since I think it's only yeast clumps because of our poor transfer into a secondary. Questions?...Comments? please feel free to lend me your advice. And whether or not I could filter this and the best method.

Pic 1
:confused:

hrmm...:confused:
Hard to tell with that pic but i think you will be ok.
yeast can do some weird stuff some times. I once had what looked like white mushrooms floating about in my carboy...Turned out as one of my better brews.
Only thing i can recommend is to smell it and then taste it.
if it smells ok and tastes ok then your good to go.:mug:

It looks like yeast floaties to me. It often happens when you rack to secondary and excite the yeast. Sometimes they fall out and sometimes they just float around being lazy.

Thanks guys, I appreciate the reassurance. I honestly think it isn't of any concern, it is however my first AG Brew and I haven't seen something like that before so I had some concerns. I plan to bottle tomorrow, my supply of caps went bad and rusted I somehow. Also I noticed the bottle sanitizing pump has ball bearings inside that will rust as future reference.:mug::tank:

Back