Question about regulators

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sarsnik

Reaction score
I'm considering the equipment that I need for my first keezer and want to be able to dispense two different pressures. However I'll be buying kegs one at a time, and wasn't going to buy my other equipment until I needed it for new kegs.

Is it possible to just but a single primary regulator and attach another regulator to it later on? If this is possible, do you have to buy a specific kind, or is it common for most regulators to be expandable?

I have a 3 body regulator... it certainly appears easy enough to add more....

One part connects to C02, then there is the regulator body...and in it 2 hi pressure ports, and 2 low pressure ports (and obviously a screw to adjust the pressure)....one low goes to a gauge (showing serving pressure on that particular keg) and one low pressure port goes to the keg... on the hi side, one serves as 'input' c02 and the other serves to either connect one regulator body to another - or at the 'end of the line' serves as a c02 tank pressure gauge....I hope that helps?!....

I got my gear from thekegconnection. I suspect as long as you order new regulator bodies from the same place - there will be absolutely no fitting issues...

I would call/email Kegconnection they put a kit together for me just as you described i got a duel body regulator, 1 keg, 1 set of lines and a CO2 tank from them because i wanted to do the same thing as you. They where really helpfull with my questions.

Is it possible to just but a single primary regulator and attach another regulator to it later on? If this is possible, do you have to buy a specific kind, or is it common for most regulators to be expandable?

yes. not really. call kegconnection.

a regulator is pretty simple, the "horizontal" ports are both the same pressure, that's the high pressure side.

the "vertical" ports are both the same pressure, that's the low pressure side. Typically there's a gauge on the "top vertical" port so you know what you're dealing with.

if you want to add another reg, just take the high pressure from the main reg, put it to the high pressure of the secondary reg.

Back